Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shivadiva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
On 9/12 iTunes(?) modified the tags on 80% of my library. It was not a complete disaster (the song names/albums remained intact) but where I had tagged a song as 1 of 11 it was now just 1. The album art was messed up on some files, and songs I was sure that I had seem to be missing. :(

Does anybody have any idea what could have caused this? :confused:

TIA,

Shiva

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Maybe somehow your iTunes Library Data (iTunes folder) file was deleted and the songs were hastily reimported, losing all of their modified tags. :confused:

In the iTunes folder, is there a data file with the suffix (old) or something like that (maybe previous)? If you quit iTunes, take the current data file out of that folder, rename the old one to what the current one was called and then reopen iTunes, this may help.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
ahh, now i see. You were probably affected by the iTunes bug, for a small number of users the upgrade to 5.0 played havoc with their libraries. A fix was issued (5.0.1) a few days later but the damage was already done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.