PDA

View Full Version : Cursor Graphical Glitch in ML

Jipster23
Jan 6, 2013, 07:41 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a late 2010 Macbook pro (8GB RAM and 250 GB SSD) running Mountain lion 10.8.2 and I came across the following problems and if anyone of you guys can shed some light on this matter it will be of great help to me

1) It seems that my comp never actually does any automatic graphics switching and its always in the integrated graphics chipset mode (Intel graphics) and it is only when i switch off this option will the computer actually use the nvidia gt 330M) and I think the intel card maybe causing a glitch where whilst on safari my cursor slightly when moving over text where there is a change in the shape of the cursor. This is also very evident when scrolling through a pdf on safari where there is a significant lag. Plus when playing games the graphics always uses intel chipset and i have to switch off the graphics switching option to force the machine to use the nvdia graphics.

2) Seeing as im having an SSD, I should be experiencing a short shutdown time like how it was for me when i used Lion and snow leopard. However, in ML there is a significant increase in shut down time about 20 -30 seconds. ANd this is also evident in my 2012 macbook air.

If anyone of you guys can share you valuable advice, it will be of great help to me.

thanks in advance.