PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] Simple drawing app

Iz1016
Jan 6, 2013, 02:12 PM
Ive been doing a little looking for a drawing app and haven't had much luck. I'm not really looking for an artsy app though. I'm more focused on something that allow me to make precise shapes (like a click and drag to make a nice circle if you get what I mean). I more focused on drawing things like maps with a little bit of free line drawing. Oh and Dropbox compatibility would be a plus. Is there anything out there like this?

I've taken a look at some of the sketch apps for iPad and I haven't found anything that fits this description particularly.

Thanks

HazyCloud
Jan 6, 2013, 06:00 PM
You may try Paper as it has Dropbox integration.

sixxmum
Jan 6, 2013, 06:02 PM
I have several drawing apps, but none that are quite like that. Did you post in the app forum?
http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

mcdj
Jan 6, 2013, 07:41 PM

You can't make shapes with Paper. That's the first thing he asked for.

HazyCloud
Jan 6, 2013, 07:50 PM
You can't make shapes with Paper. That's the first thing he asked for.

That's why I said "try". :) I've never used Paper, but I knew it had DB integration. Plus, it's free.

blackpawn
Jan 11, 2013, 10:52 PM
Sketch Club might fit your needs. it has some basic shapes (circle, rectangle, and straight lines) and has a pen tool that lets you dial in a "simplify" setting which smooths out the line after you draw it. that's really handy for a crisp vector look. also a vector tool for smooth filled shapes. it doesn't have DropBox integration at the moment though.

GerritV
Jan 11, 2013, 11:54 PM
On the lookout myself. I plan on checking out some reviews on iDraw this weekend, it looks promising. iCloud sync is in, not sure about Dropbox.

DarrenUK
Jan 17, 2013, 04:42 PM
On the lookout myself. I plan on checking out some reviews on iDraw this weekend, it looks promising. iCloud sync is in, not sure about Dropbox.

I have just purchased iDraw on iPad about an hour ago, I can confirm that you can import from and export to Dropbox.

GerritV
Jan 17, 2013, 11:46 PM
I have just purchased iDraw on iPad about an hour ago, I can confirm that you can import from and export to Dropbox.

Thanks for the feedback Darren. Meanwhile I purchased ProCreate instead.
Hope we'll borh enjoy our app :-)

GerritV
Jan 20, 2013, 12:10 PM

Where can I find that?

HazyCloud
Jan 20, 2013, 12:21 PM
Where can I find that?

On the App Store. Here's the link (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paper-by-fiftythree/id506003812?mt=8) to it.

GerritV
Jan 20, 2013, 01:25 PM
On the App Store. Here's the link (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paper-by-fiftythree/id506003812?mt=8) to it.

My mistake, let me rephrase: where can I find Paper's Dropbox support?

HazyCloud
Jan 20, 2013, 02:07 PM
My mistake, let me rephrase: where can I find Paper's Dropbox support?

You have to hit the share button first, select 'Send to App', then select Dropbox.

GerritV
Jan 21, 2013, 05:03 AM
You have to hit the share button first, select 'Send to App', then select Dropbox.

This is what I tried already, but sometimes nothing happens, other times an error says the document format is wrong.
Anyway, I've got it to work now on yet another notebook.