Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Hi,

I have a few questions about using Mac OS:-

1. If I have several files in a folder, and want to find the info (usually storage usage) is there a way to get a combined info? If I highlight several items and click get info it opens up a window for each individual item, but I'd just like one window to open with the combined info (storage usage) of all the files, similar to properties in windows. I know at the bottom of the folder it gives you the combined usage for that folder, but sometimes I want to know the info for only several files/subfolders, not all.

2. If I have numerous window open (such as in the example above when I've got the info of numerous files open), is it possible to close them all, or several in one go without having to close each individual one, one by one (which can be very time consuming)

3. Finally, is there a way to show where a particular file is if I can't remember where it is. I can find files using search in finder, then click open enclosing folder, which is all wall and good but it doesn't tell me what or where that enclosing folder is. Therefore if I want to find the file again in the future I have to search in finder again. Is there a way that, when you've located the file in finder, to show where it is so that I don't have to keep searching for it (hope this makes sense)

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
1. Right click, and hold down the option key, Get Info will be replaced by Show Inspector, click that.

3. In finder, go to View->Show Path Bar, then the current path will always be shown at the bottom of the finder window.

Nov 28, 2010
located
2. If I have numerous window open (such as in the example above when I've got the info of numerous files open), is it possible to close them all, or several in one go without having to close each individual one, one by one (which can be very time consuming)

COMMAND+OPTION/Alt+W

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.