PDA

View Full Version : SocialPushAgent: What is this?

adam044
Jan 7, 2013, 04:09 PM
What is SocialPushAgent? Is it suppose to be there and does anyone else have it?

SandboxGeneral
Jan 7, 2013, 04:11 PM
What is SocialPushAgent? Is it suppose to be there and does anyone else have it?

I found this here (http://www.macnn.com/articles/12/05/16/mid.2007.mbps.temporarily.excluded/):

One of the new features in Mountain Lion, an adaptation of iOS's Notification Center, now has an additional option for controlling notifications from a "SocialPushAgent," though it doesn't define which social service that might cover (Twitter has its own separate Notification Center category already). Users can choose from either self-removing banners that appear temporarily (as seen in iOS 5), or "alerts" that stay on-screen until dismissed. Other refinements or additions may appear later as more testers dig into the new build, which is labelled 12A206J.

adam044
Jan 7, 2013, 04:13 PM
I found this here (http://www.macnn.com/articles/12/05/16/mid.2007.mbps.temporarily.excluded/):

So is it something that didnt get removed when I update to the final release?

SandboxGeneral
Jan 7, 2013, 04:15 PM
It's not running on mine. Are you or have you been a developer before?

It may also be related to Facebook Notification Center integration according to this thread on MacRumors:

Notification Center ... Launch Facebook? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1482277)

adam044
Jan 7, 2013, 04:19 PM
It's not running on mine. Are you or have you been a developer before?

I had a developer version of Mtn Lion yes

----------

I had a developer version of Mtn Lion yes

can I remore the social push agent?

SandboxGeneral
Jan 7, 2013, 04:21 PM
can I remore the social push agent?

That I am not sure of. Is it causing problems with your OS or other apps? If not, it appears to be a harmless process from Apple.

adam044
Jan 7, 2013, 04:24 PM
For anyone wondering where this is go to settings, notifications, and you would see SocialPushAgent in the left hand column

----------

That I am not sure of. Is it causing problems with your OS or other apps? If not, it appears to be a harmless process from Apple.

No not causing any problems I just got concerned because it doesn't have an image of anything so I wasn't sure of what it was.

----------

No not causing any problems I just got concerned because it doesn't have an image of anything so I wasn't sure of what it was.

SandboxGeneral
Jan 7, 2013, 04:25 PM
For anyone wondering where this is go to settings, notifications, and you would see SocialPushAgent in the left hand column

----------

Do you have Facebook integration setup? I do not because I do not have a Facebook. With that said, I do not have the SocialPushAgent in my Settings --> Notifications area.

adam044
Jan 7, 2013, 04:32 PM
Do you have Facebook integration setup? I do not because I do not have a Facebook. With that said, I do not have the SocialPushAgent in my Settings --> Notifications area.

Yes I have both twitter and facebook setup. Interesting thing now though, I turned off the SocialPushAgent and now I can click to send tweet or click to post to facebook from the notification center

SandboxGeneral
Jan 7, 2013, 04:34 PM
Yes I have both twitter and facebook setup. Interesting thing now though, I turned off the SocialPushAgent and now I can click to send tweet or click to post to facebook from the notification center

That's odd. I only have Twitter integrated and don't have that process.

adam044
Jan 7, 2013, 04:38 PM
That's odd. I only have Twitter integrated and don't have that process.

Turned it back on and restarted the computer and the 2 boxes are still there but when I click them nothing happens.