Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
What is SocialPushAgent? Is it suppose to be there and does anyone else have it?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
What is SocialPushAgent? Is it suppose to be there and does anyone else have it?

I found this here:

One of the new features in Mountain Lion, an adaptation of iOS's Notification Center, now has an additional option for controlling notifications from a "SocialPushAgent," though it doesn't define which social service that might cover (Twitter has its own separate Notification Center category already). Users can choose from either self-removing banners that appear temporarily (as seen in iOS 5), or "alerts" that stay on-screen until dismissed. Other refinements or additions may appear later as more testers dig into the new build, which is labelled 12A206J.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
For anyone wondering where this is go to settings, notifications, and you would see SocialPushAgent in the left hand column

----------

That I am not sure of. Is it causing problems with your OS or other apps? If not, it appears to be a harmless process from Apple.

No not causing any problems I just got concerned because it doesn't have an image of anything so I wasn't sure of what it was.

----------

That I am not sure of. Is it causing problems with your OS or other apps? If not, it appears to be a harmless process from Apple.

No not causing any problems I just got concerned because it doesn't have an image of anything so I wasn't sure of what it was.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
For anyone wondering where this is go to settings, notifications, and you would see SocialPushAgent in the left hand column

----------

Do you have Facebook integration setup? I do not because I do not have a Facebook. With that said, I do not have the SocialPushAgent in my Settings --> Notifications area.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Do you have Facebook integration setup? I do not because I do not have a Facebook. With that said, I do not have the SocialPushAgent in my Settings --> Notifications area.

Yes I have both twitter and facebook setup. Interesting thing now though, I turned off the SocialPushAgent and now I can click to send tweet or click to post to facebook from the notification center

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Yes I have both twitter and facebook setup. Interesting thing now though, I turned off the SocialPushAgent and now I can click to send tweet or click to post to facebook from the notification center

That's odd. I only have Twitter integrated and don't have that process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.