Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lendyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
I'm looking everywhere,to find how to get this poster valued. Its near perfect. No discoloration,one slight crease about an inch long. It's still in the apple tube. If anyone has an idea of the value,or how to get it appraised,I'd appreciate it.

David Schmidt

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2006
Southeastern USA
"Value" is a relative thing

There isn't "a value" for a poster. There is only what you get on any given day on ebay or similar.

There is a nice synopsis of what to do if you're a copier of posters (I'm not saying you in particular are) in order to make them seem more real:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/800832/

I just had my Jim Henson/Kermit 24x36 poster custom matted and framed - with UV-blocking glass and all, I spent 50% more on the framing than on the poster itself. Will post a pic when I get it back...

Lendyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
Ok

Well thanks. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow,when I get home. The only one I can find for sale,is on the missing bite. They want $1800. Regardless,I'll have pictures up tomorrow.

Arcady

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2002
Lexington, KY
I have rolls of these that I saved from MacWorld years ago.

These things are really worth that much?

Edit: I guess not. I see them selling for about $10 on eBay.

Last edited:

Lendyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
?

I'm not sure Arcady,but it's on their site. And theirs is stained. That isn't mine,but that's the poster.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 262

David Schmidt

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2006
Southeastern USA
Will post a pic when I get it back...
Here it is... wall is actually pale blue, lighting is uncorrected-for incandescent.
IMG_0150.jpg

The copyright statement is just a little too close to the edge to make it outside the matting, so that's hidden in the lower-right corner. Some like to collect... I like to look at mine every time I go to my office. It says something to me about the era of Apple that I really respected, and of course Jim Hensen is someone I admire...

I don't care what it was "worth" before I matted it, or what it's "worth" now that it's behind museum-quality glass... I simply enjoy looking at it every time I pass it in my hall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.