Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jdubb-16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Hello all,

New to the forum and to Mac, making the jump from PCs finally. I have an iPhone and iPad, so,I am familiar with the iOS and apple logic. Currently, my iPad is linked to my office PC which has all of my contacts. When I get my Mac Mini, Will I actually be able to pull all the contact info off my iPad and import it into my new computer. The contact list on my previous home computer is very small and not what I want to transfer. For the morpst part, I am making a clean break from my old computer and only carrying over a few files, iTunes music and pictures, the rest will go to the PC graveyard.

Thanks for the help,

jdubb

Ultimacn

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
Lancashire, UK
Hey

Me too! Newbie and Mac Mini delivered tomorrow :)

From my rudimentary knowledge if you sign into iCloud when you get your Mac you can choose what to syncronise and Contacts is one of the categories.

I'm sure one of the gurus on here will correct me if I'm wrong as haven't done it myself yet :)

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
If your contacts are on the iPad and in iCloud, yes. When you set up the mini you'll tell it whether to use iCloud and which features to use, just select Contacts as one and it will sync your current iCloud contacts to the mini. Just make sure that the contacts from your PC are in iCloud as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.