Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
I need to beef up my Javascript skills (just realized how usefull it can be :) ).

Does anyone here know of some good web resource on javascript (language reference, list of functions, etc)?

Cheers,
D.

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
MacRumors: Forums
whocares said:
I need to beef up my Javascript skills (just realized how usefull it can be :) ).

Does anyone here know of some good web resource on javascript (language reference, list of functions, etc)?

Cheers,
D.
I had this site bookmarked for javascript. Hope you find it useful but then again google it should help you to find more of it.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
plinden said:
AJAX is the next big thing in web development, so yes, brush up on your Javascript and XML skills - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX

Yeah, I know XML, and am looking at XSL and XSLT as I type this. Good stuff. :cool:
What kills me is all this XML stuff is so simple (at least in its philosophy), yet so powerful in what it can do. :eek: :cool:

I've also answered my own question here. :)

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
pigwin32 said:
Don't underestimate the power of javascript.
I can second that... Most people underestimnate the potential of JavaScript. The software company I have a contract with at the moment writes their whole player software in JavaScript. It is jaw dropping what the guys do with "just" JavaScript!

icon_jawdrop.gif

groovebuster

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.