PDA

View Full Version : Is this a common APPLE/IMAC G5 problem?

Andrew Douglas
Sep 30, 2005, 10:51 AM
Am a newbie both to Mac Forums and Macs in general. Just purchased my first ever MAC (A new IMAC G5 - 20" screen fella). Received it yesterday, took it out of box and set up. Noticed there was a chip in the plastic on the right edge of the screen and a number of scratces on the back of the computer. Disappointed as had saved up for ages to afford the 1500 pounds needed. Phoned Apple to see what I could do and was very unimpressed by the service. The two people I spoke to were pretty unsympathetic and told me they would arange for TNT to pick my computer up and replace it.

The downside is they apparently will only come between 9 and 5, Monday to Friday. No use for the majority of the working population I would think. And that I would then have at least a two week wait for a replacement to ship out.

Is there any way of getting the computer picked up at a different time? Surely they should be trying to be more accomidating to me seeing as how I have paid a large amount of money for damamged goods. Is it possible the replacement will be just as bad?

Was so looking forward to the arrival of the IMAC G5 - am now just stressed and concerned about ever getting satisfaction. Boo.

Sorry for the whine!

GimmeSlack12
Sep 30, 2005, 11:19 AM
Sympathy comes in many ways, but what do you want them to say?
"It's ok honey, I'm soo sorry."
No company is going to do that. I mean they did offer you a replacement didn't they? I think that ain't bad for the first phone call (not to mention sympathetic). About the pickup times, beats me, I don't think we're the ones to ask on that. The chip is on the screen itself? So it hinders viewing a portion of the monitor? That sucks. Its not a common Mac or iMac thing, but then again its going to happen to a couple of the thousands of units they ship out.

mklos
Sep 30, 2005, 03:29 PM
Well as long as you got a replacement thats all Apple has to do. What else do you want them to do? Something like that could have happened in shipping, or packaging. Like the previous poster said, Apple ships millions of these iMac G5's out so there some are bound to have troubles here and there. No computer is perfect, whether its an Apple, Dell, Gateway, HP, etc no matter how much you pay for it.