Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Hey Guys,

I've got a Spigen Glass.t on my iPhone at present but after a drop last week it has broken. I'm now looking for a new protector but don't want something as thick as the Glass.t because I'm not a fan of the jelly feel button and it prevents me using some of the cases I've got for my iPhone.

So does anyone have any recommendations?

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
PowerSupport Crystal - have it for 6 months and still like new.
Perfect clarity also..

qtaran111

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Another vote for Power Support Crystal. I've used several different suppliers of protective films over the years (Zagg, InvisibleShield etc) and Power Support wins hands down.

Its tough, durable, great clarity and very easy to apply. It also never seems to bubble or peel at the edges like lots of the alternatives. It's relatively expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
I've been using the Zagg hd screen protector. Perfect clarity, much better than previous versions. Plus free lifetime replacements. I had it installed at a Zagg kiosk, and the guys there do a perfect installation. I had used the Power support products in the past, and they are very nice. But they have to be ordered, plus if you mess up the installation you need to buy another one. So I switched to Zagg and have been very happy.

truss009

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I've been using the Zagg hd screen protector. Perfect clarity, much better than previous versions. Plus free lifetime replacements. I had it installed at a Zagg kiosk, and the guys there do a perfect installation. I had used the Power support products in the past, and they are very nice. But they have to be ordered, plus if you mess up the installation you need to buy another one. So I switched to Zagg and have been very happy.

How much did the ZAGG installation cost at the kiosk? I just got the new 5, put a screen protector on it, then got a replacement 5, and didn't ahve as good of luck putting the protector on myself. Ended up tossin it out actually. So I think I am just going to have the "pros" do it. Also, do they have different options of protectors at the kiosks?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
So does anyone have any recommendations?
What other priorities do you have in screen protectors to help us narrow down the options? have you read any of the countless screen protector threads to see if any of them sound suited to you?

Screen protectors aren't all the same and people have differing needs/wants when it comes to them. I personally prefer SGP and Power Support but that's because I find theirs to be as close to the feel of glass without being glass and they don't affect image quality at all (depending on the specific one selected).

Do you want anti fingerprint? Antiglare? Privacy? The better the info you provide on what you're looking for the better the recommendations you'll get. Otherwise people will just recommend what they use and prefer and you'll have no idea if their preferences are in line with your own or not.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I'm using Zagg HD for my iPhone 5 and I'm loving it... I also prefer the feel of Zagg over the other screen protectors, they also do not impact the screen clarity at all in my case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.