PDA

View Full Version : 17" Powerbooks is AMAZING

supafly1703
Sep 30, 2005, 04:50 PM
Hey People,

Stop worrying; I just bought a new 17" Powerbook. This machine is fast, Tiger purrs beautifully, and is actually verrrry portable (so light!) So stop deliberating if you are in the market for a new pro laptop.... no one knows when Apple will drop the final rev. G4 Powerbook, and everyone knows they are struggling....Why wait? Had it for a week, have loved every sec....

wongulous
Sep 30, 2005, 04:54 PM
Oh man. The ultimate Mac. I want a Lapzilla SO BAD. This seals it. I'd even buy refurbished. (Which I might. Sorry mom, we'll have to get you the used iBook on eBay, because I need the 17".. lol.)

Could you post a photograph of you with it on your lap, like just sitting and using it normally? I've never seen them out in "the wild" so I'm really curious if people look like tools using such a HUGE laptop IRL. Thanks :)

yoda13
Sep 30, 2005, 05:14 PM
glad you like your new PowerBook. Too big for me, but it is a great laptop :)

BiikeMike
Sep 30, 2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I got my 15" a few weeks ago, gave my dell to my girlfriend, and my Desktop is not seeing much action lately :)

the 17" was a bit to big for me but, different sizes for different applications :thumb:

DJY
Sep 30, 2005, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the club!
Your life and computing experiences as you know it... becomes a very different experience!

Oh yes and don't forgot to spread the word!

maddav
Sep 30, 2005, 05:58 PM
I'm going for a twelvey myself :D

tekmoe
Sep 30, 2005, 06:29 PM
if i didn't have a powerbook right now, i would have bought the 17" weeks ago. i am holding off for the next rev.

sources indicate something soon...