PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install Logic 9 from disc onto Mountain Lion notice anything 'weird'?

BingClawsby
Jan 9, 2013, 10:33 AM
I have a new mini that I am in the process of doing fresh installs of my major applications from discs rather than use migration.

I installed Logic 9 as well as NI Komplete (6) and directed all the sample/audio content from both onto an external drive.

All and good except I noticed in both cases a folder 'Library' was also placed onto the external as well. Within that folder is another folder 'Receipts', which contain both .bom and a matching .plist files.

Now from what I've gathered so far, is that it seems Mountain Lion does a lot of things different from what I am used to (Tiger & Snow Leopard)

What I think whats going on is that ML no longer needs these files and the applications installers wound up placing them on the external along with the content.
Also I believe these files are a kind of 'install location' files and probably can be trashed.

Anyone know whats up with this business?

Thanks

BingClawsby
Jan 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
573 views and nobody, eh? lol

Boyd01
Jan 11, 2013, 09:28 PM
I read this when you first posted and my initial thought was "so what"? If everything works properly, why would you even care? Are these files taking up a lot of disk space?

Sorry I have no insights, I have the app store version of Logic and I don't even know what NI Komplete is.