Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

06Honda

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2011
Downloaded a movie on my ipad to my dropbox app. I see that it can be played in dropbox but is there a way to move it to the video app on the ipad itself to keep with the rest of my movies. This is the first time using dropbox to download a movie to my ipad. Thanks.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Should be possible with Readdle Documents, and perhaps a Mac.
I never use iTunes.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Should be possible with Readdle Documents, and perhaps a Mac.
I never use iTunes.

Readdle's documents will store the movie for offline viewing but the only way to move the video to Videos.app on the iPad is through iTunes.

efpierce

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2013
I do it on my mac, I don't know why it wouldn't work on an ipad though. Different hardware I guess. Why don't you want to watch it in dropbox?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I do it on my mac, I don't know why it wouldn't work on an ipad though. Different hardware I guess. Why don't you want to watch it in dropbox?

Actually it is different software rather than hardware. iOS isn't designed to replace OS X; hence, many such features are not available. Of course, Apple could just enable "Open In…" to open the video in Videos.app but it is currently not available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.