Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

golu14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Delhi, India
I just got my phantom skinz, bought it during their 1+1 free offer(infact i ordered full body matte- yet, it includes: 2 back pieces, 2 front pieces, and, 2 more front crystal pieces!)
i read the instructions and it says its a wet install but i damaged my HTC One X a few months ago because of wet instal screen protector(gadgetshieldz.com) and im sure if i do it again with my iPhone 5, i will damage it with water.

so can i dry install the protectors? would it pose any problem?

wet installs are easy and bubble/dust free but its a 900$ risk lol

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Not really a risk. I love wet installs when it comes to back protectors. I'm currently rocking their matte back and wet install is the best way to go. You don't HAVE to do a wet install but I can't imagine the end result being as pretty as it would if you had done it as a wet install.

My advice is do this, when using a card or something to push our the water, wrap the item you're using to do so with a layer of paper towel so that when you come to the edge, it picks up the water right away.

golu14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Delhi, India
Not really a risk. I love wet installs when it comes to back protectors. I'm currently rocking their matte back and wet install is the best way to go. You don't HAVE to do a wet install but I can't imagine the end result being as pretty as it would if you had done it as a wet install.

My advice is do this, when using a card or something to push our the water, wrap the item you're using to do so with a layer of paper towel so that when you come to the edge, it picks up the water right away.

hmm maybe i use too much water

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.