PDA

View Full Version : Need help changing default ftp location for creating a file repository

Diogones
Jan 11, 2013, 12:39 AM
Hey all,

I have a Xerox network scanner where I work, and it uses both SMB and ftp for network scanning. I recently upgraded my Mac Mini to Mountain Lion, and I understand that it no longer has traditional SMB support, while ftp is removed from the GUI.

I found several excellent guides on re-enabling ftp via Terminal, so after following those commands, I was able to set up ftp scanning just like I did before I upgraded to ML.

Just one problem; after enabling ftp in the command line, all Xerox scans go to the home folder. I understand that this is the default location for ftp, but I'd like to change that so I can direct network scans to my scans folder on my desktop, which would serve as a file repository for anyone on the network who wanted to access their scanned images.

I've searched high and low, but I've yet to find a guide that explains how to change the directory. If it involves more Terminal work, that's fine with me.

Does anyone have any advice on this?