PDA

View Full Version : New Ibooks!

jj1985
Oct 1, 2005, 07:03 PM
What are the chances of new ibooks before xmas?

eva01
Oct 1, 2005, 07:04 PM
you can go ask Mr Jobs since the iBooks were updated recently.

Enjoy your talk with him.

I hate these kinds of threads -_- and yet we have them every day which makes it hard to miss

MacDawg
Oct 1, 2005, 07:04 PM
iBooks were just updated recently

Edit: Doh, beaten to the punch...

Check out the Buyer's Guide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/) for product updates and cycles

And since I feel nit picky tonight... its iBook, not Ibook

Woof, Woof - Dawg http://homepage.mac.com/k.j.vinson/pawprint.gif

risc
Oct 1, 2005, 07:29 PM

I say YES we will see new iBooks before Christmas 2006.

Mac_Freak
Oct 1, 2005, 07:42 PM
I say YES we will see new iBooks before Christmas 2006.

LOL, good one.

mjstew33
Oct 2, 2005, 01:44 AM
There is not a chance in a million years that the iBooks will be updated any time soon. They just got updated for crying out loud! They can't update them like ... at all. I bet this might be there last update for maybe even a year. They don't have much they can update them with. It could very well be their last PPC update. Prolly' not though.

Basic point: no updates :p

WillMak
Oct 2, 2005, 02:13 AM
why not? the mac minis are getting another boost.

shadowmoses
Oct 2, 2005, 02:28 AM
iBooks definatly have a good chance of an update before christmas.....The last update was hardly an update more of a better bang for your buck deal, the iBooks are due for a design overhaul which is likely to come in the next revision which will probably be in October or November,

ShadoW

Update: Just searched this article up: http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles/2005/09/29/several-hardware-updates-coming/

Have a read....

Deepdale
Oct 2, 2005, 05:13 AM

Not all that likely IMHO. But don't let that stop you from having that request at the top of your wish list for Santa. Optimism should be encouraged, not extinguished.

javiercr
Oct 2, 2005, 05:30 AM

clearly the chances are precisely 28.25% or may be a bit more is Saturn and the Moon line up over California but I haven't checked with my astrologer yet.

Bern
Oct 2, 2005, 05:34 AM
Why do we have to have these threads on an almost daily basis?

Deepdale
Oct 2, 2005, 05:38 AM

My haphazard guess would be because human nature is what it is and cannot be altered as easily as many would hope. I'm sure the psych majors can flesh it out better for us.

eXan
Oct 2, 2005, 06:00 AM

Because ppl are just too lazy to seatch for something. They will just ask stupid questions and rest

Deepdale
Oct 2, 2005, 06:19 AM
Because ppl are just too lazy to seatch for something. They will just ask stupid questions and rest

Alas, the definitive answer has arrived straight from Vladivostok. Generally, I try to avoid calling others lazy and designating questions as stupid. Repetition is a whole other ballgame ... but others are always free to take their ball, go home and play quietly alone.

assscat
Oct 2, 2005, 08:14 AM
New iBooks next Tuesday...? ;)

mkrishnan
Oct 2, 2005, 08:23 AM
There is not a chance in a million years that the iBooks will be updated any time soon.

Well, technically speaking, in the next million years, I think the chances that there will be a time after which the iBooks will soon be updated is actually fairly high. :D

jiv3turkey748
Oct 2, 2005, 12:24 PM
iBooks definatly have a good chance of an update before christmas.....The last update was hardly an update more of a better bang for your buck deal, the iBooks are due for a design overhaul which is likely to come in the next revision which will probably be in October or November,

ShadoW

Update: Just searched this article up: http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles/2005/09/29/several-hardware-updates-coming/

Have a read....

i doubt the ibooks will get a total redesign until they go intel

AJ Muni
Oct 2, 2005, 12:39 PM
its iBook, and iMac, god it looks so ugly with an I, get it right....

The_Man
Oct 2, 2005, 02:20 PM
There is not a chance in a million years that the iBooks will be updated any time soon.

HAHA, this statement is funny.
Um no iBooks for this xmas. But I'm sure there will be an update before some xmas sometime, just maybe not this xmas.

FF_productions
Oct 2, 2005, 02:22 PM
Stop with the iBook threads, it just isn't happening!!!