Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
on my iPhone 4 with most recent iOS i have 126 contacts.
on macbook under contacts i have like 114.. how do i fix this?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
on my iPhone 4 with most recent iOS i have 126 contacts.
on macbook under contacts i have like 114.. how do i fix this?

Before you begin, back up your contacts on your Mac, then download one of the many available freeware apps and back up your contacts on your iPhone.

Check that you are logged in using the same email address (AppleID) for iCloud on both your Mac and your iPhone. CAUTION: Don't log out of iCloud as it will offer and possibly force you to delete everything it thinks is associated with that iCloud id. Now that I think of it, it may be a good idea to back up anything else you have associated with iCloud before you consider changing how you're logged in.

If contacts sync is turned on for both your iPhone and Mac, having a different number of contacts on your Mac and iPhone is a situation that should exist for less than 1 second when both have network connectivity.

I remember back in the day when I was having trouble with Missing Sync and Blackberry Desktop Manager, I was told you could run iSync and tell it to reset. This would start sync all over again. I don't know if this is the case today as I've never had trouble with contacts sync under .mac, mobile me or icloud. I would also suggest a call to AppleCare. They are really good with this sort of issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.