PDA

View Full Version : manually disconnecting dsl help !!!

Gokhan
Oct 2, 2005, 11:30 AM
hi

i have a 512k broadband connection which me and my sister use in the same house we both use the same make of adsl modem /router safecom 4114 the problem i experience is that everytime my sister uses her imac to go on the net if she does not shut down her system before she unplugs the modem the isp server still thinks we are connected to it ! so when i come to use the net nothing unless i leave it from 4 hours-24 hours by which time i can reconnect
is there a program or way to manually disconnect the router from my isp's server from my end in osx maybe ???

i know i can disconnect in the routers firmware via ppp account config but thats long winded and sucks help please for my sanity

thanks

dops7107
Oct 2, 2005, 11:35 AM
We had two modems sharing the same line in our house for a while. Basically, it's a total nightmare, especially if they are the auto dialling sort. What you want is to share the same internet connection, not use two modems for the same line. Is one of the machines wireless? Save yourself the pain and get a wireless router, or get ready to do some cabling around the house... ;)

Gokhan
Oct 2, 2005, 11:54 AM
yeah i think i might have to get handy with my drill but i just hate running cable's all over the place thats why we both have our own modems to save cableing the only limitation of course is we both cant be online at the same time which is fine if the freaking net worked realiably !!

(after my sis uses it hmmm)