PDA

View Full Version : Is there a PDF app that can ...

miguelfp1
Jan 12, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm a college student looking for a PDF reader that can copy a selection from a file (scanned Image saved as PDF) and paste into a new page for annotations. I've tried GoodReader and iAnnotate, also use Notability.

Ideally, I'd like to use the PDF files from my different classes or a book, copy a selection of an exercise and solve it in a new blank page. I've struck out looking for this functionality on an app, maybe there's no app currently that could do this.

Thanks!!

TJ61
Jan 13, 2013, 11:30 AM
Would you consider doing a screen capture of the desired portion of pdf, then import it into your notes app? There are notes apps that allow importing pics -- not sure if Notability is one.

Regards,
Tom

miguelfp1
Jan 13, 2013, 02:38 PM
It sounds like what I'm trying to accomplish, If I could just figure a way how to do that, I think it would work, and probably be a lot simpler to do.

Thanks!

danpass
Jan 13, 2013, 02:51 PM
Well the screenshot is Home+power button clicked at the same time.

----------

I just tried with Notability. It will import photos (it will even take photos) and allows you to resize them.

You could skip the scanned part if you wanted to; just take a pic of the desired portion, solve for x, and rock on.

:D

miguelfp1
Jan 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
I'll try that tomorrow in class, thanks again!