Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kzg

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Canada
I've recently received a Powerbook G3 Lombard with a 333Mhz processor, I also have acessor to a 400mhz processor from a Pismo. Does anyone know wether or not i can upgrade the lombard with the pismo processor?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Uh..

Even if you could, would it be worth it to take apart a full functional computer for a 67mhz upgrade?

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
appleretailguy said:
Even if you could, would it be worth it to take apart a full functional computer for a 67mhz upgrade?
Not commenting on if you could or couldn't use a Pismo processor in a Lombard (that has already been spoke to), but taking apart any PowerBook G3 is not a big task (to get access to the processor, memory and hard drive).

The basic design of these systems (in terms of accessibility) are radically different from any PowerBook/iBook systems Apple has ever made. They are very easy to service.

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
RGunner said:
Lombards and Pismo's cannot interchange CPU modules.

Why not? They both use PowerPC 750 processors - isn't it technically possible, but not practical? Or am I failing to take different cache sizes and whatnot into account? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.