Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatflock222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
i have a dwl 650 pcmcia card from d-link for wifi, and i am wonder if anyone has this workin on 10.3.9? i attempted 3 drivers with no luck, any help would be great, thanks in advanced

Computer
- 667mhz g4
- 512mb ram
- 60gb hdd

Card
-D-link dwl-650 802.11b

Drivers attempted -
- WIRELESSDRIVER -install failed
- aerocard -Couldnt figure out how to recognize card
- 802.11bDriver -Couldnt figure out how to recognize card

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
According to D-Link, that card is only compatible with Windows. To use a third-party wireless card on a Mac, you need one that is specifically designed for it. Your best bet would be to use one that is compatible with Apple's built-in Airport software (sonnet makes one), or use an original Airport card.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
You need an Apple AirPort card, this doesn't go in the PCMCIA slot, this is installed in your PowerBook, most likley under the keyboard. People in the Marketplace section of these forums might be selling them or you can check around on eBay, they usually go for $60-80

You can also look for Mac OS X compatible PCMCIA Wireless cards too but, make sure they are compatible before buying them. Good luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.