Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hello everyone,

Do any of you that own the Dell 2405FPW managed to find the Color Temperature Settings? As in 6500k, 7500k, 9500k etc. I need to find them to calibrate the monitor for Photography.

Any of you guys experiencing noise (bright/dark dots) when viewing pics on the web?

Has anyone here managed to calibrate this flat panel for photography? I keep getting a yellow/green cast on grays.

Thanks!

--William

MrV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone here managed to calibrate this flat panel for photography? I keep getting a yellow/green cast on grays. Which makes the pics look horrible!!!

I'm using SpyderPro.

--William

MrV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Come on people, help me out here please. ;)

--William

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I could be wrong about this but I think the native gamma for that display is 2.2. Maybe you can try that out and then calibrate again.

MrV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Rod Rod said:
I could be wrong about this but I think the native gamma for that display is 2.2. Maybe you can try that out and then calibrate again.

Thanks for the reply but the flat panel DOES NOT have gamma settings, on the OSD that is.

Now when I calibrate with SpyderPro, super cal or ColorSync I do set it to gamma 2.2 and same problem occurs. Is either too dark or too bright with a cast. Grays ARE NOT true grays.

--William

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.