Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
This started 2 or 3 weeks ago, but it hasn't seemed to fix itself. I can't login to my iMessage account on the Messages app!

zOdI2.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-13 at 11.01.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-13 at 11.01.01 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 186

autobahns

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
this happened to me awhile back and caused me about an hour of frustration.

if you haven't fixed it yet, I recommend doing a Finder > Go > Go to Folder > /private/etc/hosts and seeing what you have in there. If you have any clauses blocking verisign servers remove that and save, and restart messages. That fixed it for me.

Hope that helps!

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Recently Apple started requiring serial numbers in the EFI for iMessage to work, which also broke iMessage in hackintoshes (its fixed now though).
Did you had any motherboard replacements with no serial numbers on it?

justinxtreme

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
Orlando, FL
Are any of you using Hackintosh or the Chimera bootloader on your Macs?

If so either install Clover bootloader (an EFI-based bootloader) or uninstall Chimera.

If you install Clover bootloader, you will need to get Chameleon Wizard as well to generate a serial number.

After installing Clover, go into /EFI and open up the config.plist file with TextEdit

Using Chameleon Wizard generate a 11-or-12 digit serial number for the appropriate SMBIOS and put it in there. Add some random numbers on top of the 11-or-12 digit serial number and make it so it is a 17-digit serial number, Clover uses 17-digit serial numbers.

A part of my config.plist looks like this so change the part where it has the serial number on it

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C02JK967DHJT21412</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac12,1</string>
</dict>

This is a fix for those on a Hackintosh or using the Chimera or Chameleon bootloader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.