PDA

View Full Version : Problem running a program because of Java

GrantMeThePower
Jan 15, 2013, 06:07 PM
I just installed Photoshop CS5. When I try to run it it says "To open “Adobe Photoshop CS5,” you need a Java*SE*6 runtime. Would you like to install one now?"

If I try to install it says it isn't allowed to.

That is because, i think, Apple has restricted the java to only the very current one, which i have installed, and is version 7.

With version 7 installed and fully updated, CS5 still won't run.

What do I do??

Ddyracer
Jan 15, 2013, 09:21 PM
I just installed Photoshop CS5. When I try to run it it says "To open “Adobe Photoshop CS5,” you need a Java*SE*6 runtime. Would you like to install one now?"

If I try to install it says it isn't allowed to.

That is because, i think, Apple has restricted the java to only the very current one, which i have installed, and is version 7.

With version 7 installed and fully updated, CS5 still won't run.

What do I do??

I think i had this same problem. I just ignored it. But, maybe you should install java 7 if you really need it, i would advise against it for now even with a patch.

xgman
Jan 16, 2013, 12:31 PM
There is an explanation of how to go back to ver 6 on the java website somewhere.

GrantMeThePower
Jan 16, 2013, 01:30 PM
I think i had this same problem. I just ignored it. But, maybe you should install java 7 if you really need it, i would advise against it for now even with a patch.

I would ignore it if I could but it won't even launch

GrantMeThePower
Jan 16, 2013, 04:58 PM
I found a site online (not oracle/java/or apple) that had the old version of Java RE 6 and was able to install that, open CS5 for the first time, then reinstall Java 7.

Ddyracer
Jan 16, 2013, 07:24 PM
I found a site online (not oracle/java/or apple) that had the old version of Java RE 6 and was able to install that, open CS5 for the first time, then reinstall Java 7.

How did you update to Java 7? Glad you got it working btw.