PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find Apple Cinema Display Screws...

Maclomaniac
Oct 3, 2005, 02:06 PM
I have two twenty inch Apple Cinema Displays that I took to a tradeshow. I removed the actual stands because I used the VESA attachment to put these on a different stand. In the process, I (very unfortunately) lost the special screws that attach the regular base to the display. There are two screws per monitor. They are specially made (I am fairly certain) and can't be bought at a hardware store, nor are they sold by Apple online or in their retail stores. The Mac Geniuses at the local Apple store here are unable to order the part because they don't do display repairs inhouse and therefore are literally unable to order any internal display parts for "repair" on a display (even a screw). I don't even know the part number of the screw because it's an internal Apple part number that isn't publicized. Does anyone have any idea where I can get these screws from? Is there any third party company selling parts like this? I know Apple doesn't like to sell individual parts (ie: if you lose part of your power adapter, you have to buy the whole thing all over again rather than just buying the piece you lost), but I can't buy another display just to get the screws. I'm hoping someone knows of a solution...

Thanks in advance!