PDA

View Full Version : iBook display won't sleep

lpshean
Oct 4, 2005, 06:07 AM
Hey guys... some weird problem developed a few days ago..

My ibook g4 display will not automatically dim and go to sleep when im not using it. So my battery life is liked sapped to the max because the display always remain on as though im actively using when, when in fact im not.

Tried using System preferences, to adjust it, but nothing works. I find it really weird why its begun having this problem when it worked fine all this while. Help please?

mad jew
Oct 4, 2005, 06:11 AM
Just checking that you know there are two different settings for this, one for when the power adaptor is plugged in and one for when the Mac is running from the battery. It's pretty easy to change one setting whilst it's still plugged in and then wonder why it hasn't taken effect on the road. I know I've done it. :p

Also, do you have any programs running like VLC which could be stopping your Mac from sleeping? What processes, other than system ones, are running in Activity Monitor?

lpshean
Oct 4, 2005, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the fast reply!
No mann.. the settings are all right. Didnt have any mix up.

Nopes, nothing running. Only got Safari running, system pref.

lpshean
Oct 4, 2005, 06:30 AM
Hey nevermind! It worked again. I used activity monitor to quite this process called IOX Experts, the webcam thing, plus, i went to the Dashboard area and quit the BBC Radio widget and the Rabbit Radio widget, and it works fine now.

Or at least, thats what i presume. :o