PDA

View Full Version : iBook RAM Upgrade

supergrandma
Oct 4, 2005, 04:52 PM
Forgive me if this thread is redundant, as I have already searched the site and found no clear answer to my question. What is the best third-party RAM to buy for an iBook? I do not yet have an iBook, but I will be getting one soon. As for Apple memory upgrades, an extra 512 MB would cost $150, which is way too expensive compared to other possibilities. I just want good quality, inexpensive RAM that is fully compatable with the iBook.

prostuff1
Oct 4, 2005, 05:17 PM
Forgive me if this thread is redundant, as I have already searched the site and found no clear answer to my question. What is the best third-party RAM to buy for an iBook? I do not yet have an iBook, but I will be getting one soon. As for Apple memory upgrades, an extra 512 MB would cost $150, which is way too expensive compared to other possibilities. I just want good quality, inexpensive RAM that is fully compatable with the iBook.

I got my RAM from newegg. I just found the specs for the current iBooks and matched those specs with some on newegg. Cost me about 125ish.

RAM on newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=&PropertyCodeValue=529%3A7864&PropertyCodeValue=523%3A7858&PropertyCodeValue=524%3A7860&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=381&Submit=Property)

Cick that link and that ram should work in you future ibook. Crucial brand is good, and i have Kingmax in mine and everything is working great.

Hope that helps

supergrandma
Oct 4, 2005, 05:17 PM
I got my RAM from newegg. I just found the specs for the current iBooks and matched those specs with some on newegg. Cost me about 125ish.

RAM on newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Manufactory=&PropertyCodeValue=529%3A7864&PropertyCodeValue=523%3A7858&PropertyCodeValue=524%3A7860&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&PropertyCodeValue=0&description=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=381&Submit=Property)

Cick that link and that ram should work in you future ibook. Crucial brand is good, and i have Kingmax in mine and everything is working great.

Hope that helps

Thanks a lot.