PDA

View Full Version : [All iPads] Incipio LGND vs Moshi Versa Cover

matt172021
Jan 21, 2013, 05:18 AM
Hi, I'm considering which origami case to get for the iPad that I'm going to get soon. I've read reviews and seen videos and still can't really decide.
LGND's cheaper, Moshi's sleeker. Do comment especially if you have either case!

Solomani
Jan 21, 2013, 05:35 AM
Hi, I'm considering which origami case to get for the iPad that I'm going to get soon. I've read reviews and seen videos and still can't really decide.
LGND's cheaper, Moshi's sleeker. Do comment especially if you have either case!

For the iPad Mini, I bought the Incipio LGND for my niece. The spoiled brat got an iPad Mini for Christmas LOL, so I promised her a really good case for it (my Xmas gift to her among other things).

She loves her Incipio LGND case. But I made sure she told me exactly what color she wanted for the case. The origami design allows the front cover to fold and becomes a prop stand for landscape orientation. She watches videos (and she watches TV shows on it) and such on her Mini this way.

Other than the hard-shell-back design (good back and side protection), the LGND's front cover (origami foldable) also contains embedded magnets.... which means it enables that special Sleep/Wake function that you see on authentic Apple iPad SmartCovers.

I'd say it was a very good buy. Altho I paid full price for that case, because prices were jacked-up right before the Christmas rush, because everyone who had an iPad Mini was frantically wanting to buy a good case. Post-Christmas, I'm sure the prices have dropped already in some places (like Amazon)

http://www.incipio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/561x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/p/ipad-311c_1.jpg

matt172021
Jan 21, 2013, 05:50 AM
Awesome! Which color do you recommend by the way? I should be getting a white ipad mini.

kodeman53
Jan 21, 2013, 06:02 AM
You are asking strangers on the Internet to recommend a color? What, you don't have a favorite color?

matt172021
Jan 21, 2013, 06:12 AM
You are asking strangers on the Internet to recommend a color? What, you don't have a favorite color?

Well, its pretty true i don't really have a favourite color. But my concern is how the colors match the white ipad. There has got to be a difference, no?

kodeman53
Jan 21, 2013, 10:56 AM
Well, its pretty true i don't really have a favourite color. But my concern is how the colors match the white ipad. There has got to be a difference, no?

With a white iPad;

Red LGND - Great
Pink LGND - Horrible
Gray LGND - Horrible
Black LGND - Best

kaylerrific
Jan 21, 2013, 03:38 PM
Can anyone with experience comment on whether these actually work well in the real world? I mean, it looks sort of funky when it's not folded up. Does the front cover still sit flat when it's closed?

Solomani
Jan 21, 2013, 03:45 PM
Awesome! Which color do you recommend by the way? I should be getting a white ipad mini.

Get what color you like. All I can tell you is that the case color (Red in my case) is fairly accurate to the screenshots that Incipio posted on their website.

----------

Can anyone with experience comment on whether these actually work well in the real world? I mean, it looks sort of funky when it's not folded up. Does the front cover still sit flat when it's closed?

Yes. They do still sit "flat" in front-cover position, even after folding them origami-wise many times. The front cover flaps have embedded magnets which is how they remain CLOSED FLUSH on top of the iPad's front surface. Does that make sense?