PDA

View Full Version : Deleting A Password for a Standard User

MajorBulk
Jan 22, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 iMac, and have set it up as me as the administrator and my wife as a standard user.
My wife has to login with a password, as she wondered if this can altered to login without putting the password in?

I have looked into the user account, but cannot see anyway of clearing the password.
Have also made the effort of doing a search on here, but nothing relevant to my enquiry came up :(

Thanks for any help :D

Risco
Jan 22, 2013, 12:56 PM
Click login options and choose automatic login for her account.

MajorBulk
Jan 22, 2013, 02:03 PM
Click login options and choose automatic login for her account.

Yeah, I did that, but after a reset it just went straight to her account :confused:

Is that normal....we just wanted it to boot up with the option of either of us to login. It was like that before we put a password to alter something.

My apologies for the dumb question, but this is my first iMac and the OS X, although I do have a iPad and iPhone, but there slightly different :cool:

Thanks for your reply though :D

BlaqkAudio
Jan 22, 2013, 02:42 PM
Not sure if this only works for admin accounts, but if you change password, you can just leave the new password slots blank.

MajorBulk
Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 PM
Not sure if this only works for admin accounts, but if you change password, you can just leave the new password slots blank.

Ah! I did wonder if just to leave it blank, but does it not keep asking till you type some characters ? Will have a try later.
It's not a biggy, but just wanna help,the wife login without putting password every time :rolleyes:

Thanks also to you,for your reply :D

BlaqkAudio
Jan 22, 2013, 03:01 PM
For me, it just asks, "You did not enter a password for this user account. Are you sure you want to do this?"

MajorBulk
Feb 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
Apologies for the delayed reply :o

Yep, fixed it...I didn't think it was that easy, just leave it blank :rolleyes:

Many thanks to all the responses :D