Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I will be installing a new ssd drive soon. I know I can clone the drive however this clone does not transfer the internet recovery section. how can i get the internet recovery as well. If I could I would clone just the internet recovery then boot into the internet recovery to install a fresh copy.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I will be installing a new ssd drive soon. I know I can clone the drive however this clone does not transfer the internet recovery section.
Carbon Copy Cloner does clone the recovery partition. SuperDuper! does not.

You can use version 3.5.1 ($40) or 3.4.7 (free, and works well on OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8).

OS X: About OS X Recovery
How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion
Apple - OS X Recovery restores your Mac with a few clicks.
Hands on with Mountain Lion's OS X Recovery and Internet Recovery

OS X Internet Recovery

If you happen to encounter a situation in which you cannot start from the Recovery System, such as your hard drive stopped responding or you installed a new hard drive without OS X installed, new Mac models introduced after public availability of OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion, automatically use the OS X Internet Recovery feature if the Recovery System (Command-R method above) doesn't work. OS X Internet Recovery lets you start your Mac directly from Apple's Servers. The system runs a quick test of your memory and hard drive to ensure there are no hardware issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.