Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilsobeats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Hey everybody, i got 2 exactly same intel macbooks running OSX 10.6.8, but one of them started acting weird... when i turn it on without the power chord it works fine using the battery, but once plugged the power chord the battery icon shows a X and if i take the plug off, the computer shuts down... i done tried both batteries and power chords, both sets work properly on my other mac book, and both sets fails on the weird acting ass macbook...

does anyone ever had experienced something like that before?

any help is appreciated!!

thanks in advance!!

kilsobeats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013

done tried it, didnt work.... when i do that, for some weird reason the mac wont start up, just the fan noise working heavily, and it will just start up again when i take the battery and the power chord off, then put the power chord back on without the battery... after that i can shut down the system properly and put the battery back on....

thanks for the reply anyway!! :D

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I assume these are genuine Apple batteries, and not knockoffs. If so, and if both battery/charger combinations work on one Mac but neither work on the other, it sounds like you may have a logic board or battery connector problem. I'd take it to Apple and let them diagnose the problem.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

kilsobeats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
just ran the hardware test and got the following error:

4SNS/1/40000000 TBOT-129.000

does anyone here knows anything bout it?

kilsobeats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
I assume these are genuine Apple batteries, and not knockoffs. If so, and if both battery/charger combinations work on one Mac but neither work on the other, it sounds like you may have a logic board or battery connector problem. I'd take it to Apple and let them diagnose the problem.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

both are genuine batteries, maybe its really a hardware issue... are logic boards expansive to replace? i hope not... lol

----------

It sounds like a sensor failed or is disconnected. Take it to Apple.

thanks man! really appreciated!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
both are genuine batteries, maybe its really a hardware issue... are logic boards expansive to replace? i hope not... lol
Yes, they are. Around $600, if I recall correctly. However, it might be just a loose connector. Apple can diagnose and give you a free estimate for repairs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.