Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Nobody used MusicMatch for Mac... iTunes has just about everyone beat for now.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
its been like this for a while, the mac version was incrdibly unstable, even with only 10 songs in your list. Its slow , ugly and itunes is so much better.

Try Audion if you want an itunes alternate

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
as the others have said, anyone who used musicmatch for the mac knows exactly why they're stopping production. i don't think that apple cares at all, in fact, that's one fewer program to clutter the mac software bin (not that we suffer from excessive clutter, but you get the point). pc users have no other option. both audion and itunes are far better than musicmatch (airwhisper and xaudic were pretty cool too).

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
I used to use MusicMatch on my work PC a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty good. In fact I was impressed when i got iTunes and it did virtually everything MM had done.

i_b_joshua

usersince86

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Assuming MusicMatch will continue to be the future software for the PC version of the iPod...

that means Apple will continue to work with them on some level.

Maybe the relationship will be beneficial to both, and ultimately to us!

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
PC iTunes

Would it be a good idea for Apple to make a PC version of iTunes? Doesn't iTunes work with a bunch of other MP3 players also? It would work with the iPod for Windows so I think a PC version of iTunes would be a better way to go. Just my 2 cents.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
Re: PC iTunes

Originally posted by Pismo
Would it be a good idea for Apple to make a PC version of iTunes?
with moto's processors maxing out at 1.25 ghz, iapps are one of apple's last strong-holds. seeing as they'd probably have to release them for free on windows as well, the benefits of buying a mac would be greatly reduced if a pc box came with all of the iapps as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.