PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Kutcher Movie 'jOBS' Coming to Theaters April 19

MacRumors
Jan 23, 2013, 10:42 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/23/ashton-kutcher-movie-jobs-coming-to-theaters-april-19/)

The Ashton Kutcher-led jOBS film will be opening in theaters on April 19, according to The Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ashton-kutchers-jobs-hit-theaters-414868).

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/01/ashtonkutcher-500x280.jpgThe biopic, directed by Joshua Michael Stern and written by Matthew Whitely, chronicles Jobs' ascension from college dropout to one of the most revered entrepreneurs of the 20th century. Part of the film was shot in the historic garage where Jobs first set up shop at his family's home in Palo Alto, Calif.
jOBS also stars Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine.The film debuts at the Sundance Film Festival this Friday, January 25. Stars Kutcher and Josh Gad, who play Jobs and Steve Wozniak respectively, will be at Macworld/iWorld (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/21/jobs-stars-ashton-kutcher-and-josh-gad-to-kick-off-macworldiworld-next-week/) next week to kick off the event with a talk about playing the two Steves.

Article Link: Ashton Kutcher Movie 'jOBS' Coming to Theaters April 19 (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/23/ashton-kutcher-movie-jobs-coming-to-theaters-april-19/)

hlfway2anywhere
Jan 23, 2013, 10:52 PM
"jOBS" is probably rolling over in his grave at the terrible naming of this film.

ConCat
Jan 23, 2013, 10:54 PM
"jOBS" is probably rolling over in his grave at the terrible naming of this film.

Lets just hope he has a reason to stop rolling once the film is actually out...

hlfway2anywhere
Jan 23, 2013, 10:55 PM
Lets just hope he has a reason to stop rolling once the film is actually out...

cheers. here's to hoping.

dampfnudel
Jan 24, 2013, 12:38 AM

If he's rolling in his grave, it's more likely Tim Cook's fault, not this movie or the title.

macs4nw
Jan 24, 2013, 01:47 AM
Curious to see this movie; I wonder how closely it follows reality, and if there are going to be some interesting little-known facts revealed.

mrsir2009
Jan 24, 2013, 02:24 AM
What's with that name :confused: I dunno if it's supposed to look clever or something... But it looks like a typo to me. Should have just called it 'jobs'.

MacDav
Jan 24, 2013, 02:43 AM
Quote: "also stars Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine".

Yes, it's officially a "B" movie.

OutSpoken
Jan 24, 2013, 04:09 AM
...actually, I'm quite keen to see it.

something tells me it will probably turn out better than the official Sony film.:eek:

ArtOfWarfare
Jan 24, 2013, 04:32 AM
...actually, I'm quite keen to see it.

something tells me it will probably turn out better than the official Sony film.:eek:

This one looks to me more like it was done out of a love for Apple and Jobs. Sony's looks to me like it was done to make a quick buck. I expect I'll prefer jOBS (but I agree all caps or all lowercase would have looked better for a title... I feel like an electrical engineer must have written the title; no one else uses lowercase j's to mimic lowercase i's.)

Dagless
Jan 24, 2013, 04:33 AM
It'll be at the theatre and not the cinema? Then I might have to go see this.

BlueBubba
Jan 24, 2013, 04:49 AM
I think 'steve' or 'sTEVE' would have been a good names.

barkmonster
Jan 24, 2013, 05:42 AM
What's with that name :confused: I dunno if it's supposed to look clever or something... But it looks like a typo to me. Should have just called it 'jobs'.

It's glaringly obvious it's because of the iGadgets, iSoftware and iOS that are his legacy and even if that didn't sink in, the fact a lower case J and a lower case I are similar from the top of the letters makes it a no brainer why they did that.

Michasss8
Jan 24, 2013, 05:48 AM
In my country (Poland), probably one year late...

Shrink
Jan 24, 2013, 05:53 AM
In my country (Poland), probably one year late...

Lucky you...:rolleyes:

Tankmaze
Jan 24, 2013, 06:13 AM
where is the trailer ? if its out on april surely they want to promote it by now...

nrose101
Jan 24, 2013, 07:35 AM
I can't wait for this film. Have my iphone reminder from app all set up!

anubis72
Jan 24, 2013, 08:23 AM

Not that bad, besides the fact that "rolling" or "grave" are irrelevant in the case of Mr. Job's disposition...(kinda hard when you're a pile of cremated remains). ;)

CGagnon
Jan 24, 2013, 08:33 AM

I'll admit it isn't the best name, but it's stylized for a very specific group of people. If you don't understand the stylization then you are not one of the elite few.

shiseiryu1
Jan 24, 2013, 08:36 AM
I guess the movie name is supposed to remind people of how Apple puts a lowercase "i" in front of all of their products. Although it still would look better if it were "iJobs" or just "jobs"

can.rules
Jan 24, 2013, 08:46 AM
This one looks to me more like it was done out of a love for Apple and Jobs.

This is not a biopic, it is set on an alternate reality where Kelso from that 70's show grew up to create Apple computer.

I think I'll pass. I'll probably watch the Sony movie instead.

ASKendrew
Jan 24, 2013, 08:58 AM
Always wondered why they had decided to name it 'jOBS'. Guess its not just me then!

mrgraff
Jan 24, 2013, 09:09 AM
Some of us don't like the title.
Some of us don't understand the capitalization.
I hate Ashton Kutcher!
Josh Gad, who?
Someone will post many examples explaining why we shouldn't like Steve Jobs.
Somebody else will cite all of his innovations and positive influence on the industry.
Many will judge this film to be crap and swear to never see it.

How about we copy paste the comments from every other thread about this, or just wait till the film is actually released?

obafgkm
Jan 24, 2013, 11:29 AM

If Mr. Jobs were actually able to roll over in his grave, I think he would more likely be scratching desperately at the inside of his coffin.

Justin941
Jan 24, 2013, 01:15 PM
Just in time for 420

Macrolido
Jan 24, 2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks but not thanks.