PDA

View Full Version : Apple Seeds Build 12D58 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

MacRumors
Jan 24, 2013, 04:06 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/24/apple-seeds-build-12d58-of-os-x-beta-10-8-3-to-developers/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/01/softwareupdate.jpg
Apple today seeded build 12D58 (http://9to5mac.com/2013/01/24/apple-releases-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-3-build-12d58-to-testers/) of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to developers, marking the seventh beta iteration of the newest version of Mountain Lion. 10.8.3 was first seeded to developers in November (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/26/apple-seeds-first-beta-of-os-x-10-8-3-to-developers/).

Build 12D58 comes a week after build 12D54 (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/16/apple-seeds-build-12d54-of-os-x-10-8-3-to-developers/), and like the previous build, contains no known issues or features. Build 12D54 brought significant changes to WiFi, and asked developers to focus on testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

9to5Mac notes that the new build again contains significant changes to WiFi (http://9to5mac.com/2013/01/24/apple-releases-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-3-build-12d58-to-testers/), but additional changes are unknown. Registered developers can download the update on Apple's Developer Page (https://developer.apple.com/).

This post originally referred to Build 12D58 as the eighth developer seed of OS X 10.8.3 when it was actually the seventh seed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12D58 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/24/apple-seeds-build-12d58-of-os-x-beta-10-8-3-to-developers/)

ghostface147
Jan 24, 2013, 04:10 PM
Well that answers my previous thought of it being released today along side iOS 6.1. iOS 6.1 needs to come out soon because beta 4 expires Tuesday.

Risco
Jan 24, 2013, 04:11 PM
I don't get all these beta's? Are Apple actually listening and at least TRYING to fix the damn slow shutdown bug and options having to be launched twice from settings such as desktop background?

JS82712
Jan 24, 2013, 04:13 PM
Well that answers my previous thought of it being released today along side iOS 6.1. iOS 6.1 needs to come out soon because beta 4 expires Tuesday.

except 6.1 seed wont be out today.

iBug2
Jan 24, 2013, 04:16 PM
I don't get all these beta's? Are Apple actually listening and at least TRYING to fix the damn slow shutdown bug and options having to be launched twice from settings such as desktop background?

The slow shutdown is not really a "bug". It's an inconvenience for some people who have it. Apple has a lot more serious issues to fix during these beta tests. Something like a slow shutdown would be on the bottom of their list.

cmChimera
Jan 24, 2013, 05:19 PM
Ugh, give me the public release already.

tywebb13
Jan 24, 2013, 05:21 PM
The installer includes a feature list:

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
• The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac's built-in camera
• Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
• Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
• A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
• A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
• Includes Safari 6.0.3

Mike MA
Jan 24, 2013, 05:24 PM
The slow shutdown is not really a "bug". It's an inconvenience for some people who have it. Apple has a lot more serious issues to fix during these beta tests. Something like a slow shutdown would be on the bottom of their list.

Agreed, but a a simple and easy to fix bug like this not being fixed for a quarter of a year is starting to produce a painful impression.

Mac sales going down should be a warning - do your homework Apple!

cmChimera
Jan 24, 2013, 05:26 PM
This probably IS going to be the public release.

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
• The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac's built-in camera
• A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
• Includes Safari 6.0.3

Awesome. Good to know. Should be out on early next week then.

daneoni
Jan 24, 2013, 05:27 PM
Agreed, but a a simple and easy to fix bug like this not being fixed for a quarter of a year is starting to produce a painful impression.

Mac sales going down is due to a general decline in PC sales. Thanks to the post-PC era. Not because of some random, minor, bug in an OS.

haydn!
Jan 24, 2013, 05:31 PM
Will this fix the graphic glitches in Safari? Causing CSS transitions etc to stutter? I hope so as its god damn frustrating!!

insovietrussia
Jan 24, 2013, 05:31 PM
Anybody knows whether Apple felt like addressing the rMBP lag-issue this time?!

Don't forget: In soviet Russia lag fixes you!

inlinevolvo
Jan 24, 2013, 05:45 PM
I was under the impression this version of the OS will be updating the nvidia drivers.

zin
Jan 24, 2013, 05:47 PM
I hope the change log is larger come release.

LlamaLarry
Jan 24, 2013, 05:51 PM
I am always a surprised to see people complaining about slow shutdown (and I assume reboots). I guess I just don't shutdown/reboot as often as some folks; must be a Windows convert thing as I am pretty sure older Mac (and other *nix) don't shutdown OR reboot just for fun or often enough to care how long it takes.

It wasn't that long ago that I remember people complaining that rebooting to upgrade Safari or other system updates was literally like the end of the world because some folks had so much stuff open for their workflows they could not handle having to launch them all manually... Now OSX offers you the choice to have it do that for you as well.

insovietrussia
Jan 24, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hopefully Apple are going to release this Build before they are DOOMED :eek:

iBug2
Jan 24, 2013, 05:54 PM

Why do you assume it's an easy fix? Maybe it isn't.

LlamaLarry
Jan 24, 2013, 05:55 PM
Praise the maker, they posted the full Combo dmg instead of that lame Software Update mechanism.

Baklava
Jan 24, 2013, 06:28 PM
Devs, is Safari still sucking memory??

Risco
Jan 24, 2013, 06:50 PM
I am always a surprised to see people complaining about slow shutdown (and I assume reboots). I guess I just don't shutdown/reboot as often as some folks; must be a Windows convert thing as I am pretty sure older Mac (and other *nix) don't shutdown OR reboot just for fun or often enough to care how long it takes.

It wasn't that long ago that I remember people complaining that rebooting to upgrade Safari or other system updates was literally like the end of the world because some folks had so much stuff open for their workflows they could not handle having to launch them all manually... Now OSX offers you the choice to have it do that for you as well.

I close my macbook lid when I go out, go to sleep.....It worked fine before 10.8.2, so they broke something!

JPOWA
Jan 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
Is the new 6.0.3 safari as fluid as the nightly builds of webkit on facebook using rMBP?

ultraspiracle
Jan 24, 2013, 07:03 PM
The slow shudown/reboot thing is only painfully noticeable on SSD and Retina machines, as well as (I'd imagine) the Air.

LlamaLarry
Jan 24, 2013, 07:59 PM
I close my macbook lid when I go out, go to sleep.....It worked fine before 10.8.2, so they broke something!I guess I am missing something, closing your MB lid is not shutting down (or rebooting). What exactly is happening now when you close your MB that did not happen before? :confused:

----------

The slow shudown/reboot thing is only painfully noticeable on SSD and Retina machines, as well as (I'd imagine) the Air.I do have MBAs but no rMBP or SSD MBPs. How long is it taking to shut down now vs before?

25ghosts
Jan 24, 2013, 08:54 PM
The slow shudown/reboot thing is only painfully noticeable on SSD and Retina machines, as well as (I'd imagine) the Air.

10.8.2 was a horrific update for rMBP. But in general for all other macs too.
Since install sandboxd console message has gone totally ballistic and that is where the problem is. Sandboxing. I personally think apple should have waited at least until 10.10 to release that feature. It is so far from mature that one cant even call it a baby. Fetus is about as mature as sandboxing is.

All major pro audio/video apps like AVID Protools and Apples own FCPx began to seriously degrade post 10.8.2 and they know it because reports have been pouring in.

Aside from this issue there are the general Network issues and WIFI killed when using bluetooth on rMBPs. Both making Apple appear as had they lost control of their own os.

I guess this is why it takes Apple so many betas this time. Getting it right.
I think that is good. But I am a H````of lot more reluctant to installing Apple updates than I was a few years back when I did it blindly. Since Greg F. took over OS X it has become something that could set off another Chernobyl if used in the wrong context.

BigJohno
Jan 24, 2013, 08:57 PM
Anybody testing 10.8.3 with gtx 670 or 680?

gkroeger
Jan 24, 2013, 09:35 PM
I am baffled by the angst over shutdown times. My rMBP and MacPros seem to shutdown just about the same as with earlier versions, but I hardly ever shutdown the rMBP, just close the lid and go... with very little battery consumption when it's closed/sleeping... open it up and I'm up and running in no time. What am I missing? Are all these folks rebooting into BootCamp to play first-person shooter games?

----------

Let me get this... lots of people aren't buying Macs because computers they don't own don't shutdown fast enough?

Mr. Retrofire
Jan 24, 2013, 09:43 PM
I am baffled by the angst over shutdown times.

Let me get this... lots of people aren't buying Macs because computers they don't own don't shutdown fast enough?
Correct. ;-)

Macrolido
Jan 24, 2013, 10:20 PM
I was worried about the slow shutdowns in my Mac until I realized that was a general problem of the OS version.

locoboi187
Jan 24, 2013, 11:08 PM
I am baffled by the angst over shutdown times. My rMBP and MacPros seem to shutdown just about the same as with earlier versions, but I hardly ever shutdown the rMBP, just close the lid and go... with very little battery consumption when it's closed/sleeping... open it up and I'm up and running in no time. What am I missing? Are all these folks rebooting into BootCamp to play first-person shooter games?

----------

This is what you're missing: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4166168?start=0&tstart=0

SeattleMoose
Jan 24, 2013, 11:17 PM
Long time coming means:

Best Scenario: very few new features but lots of "under the hood efficiency improvements" and bug fixes:)

Worst Scenario: new "social media features" and minimal efficiency/bug fixes:mad:

The Bulge
Jan 24, 2013, 11:23 PM

It must be fixed and as a user i don't really care how or do you want the next generation Macs with OS X to shut down in 30 seconds out of the box because it's low priority?

FrancoisC
Jan 24, 2013, 11:36 PM
I got an honest question...

Why does it matter if the machine is a little slow to shut down? I don't shut mine off very often, I let it go to sleep, but when I do shut it down, I click on it and leave, I don't wait for it to be off, no need.

I don't want to sound "trollish", I'm just wondering why it matter?

Yamcha
Jan 25, 2013, 12:02 AM
This probably IS going to be the public release.

• Includes Safari 6.0.3
Great to see Windows 8 support and updated Safari. On my Mac, the native application that crashes the most is Safari.. Hopefully it fixes that along with a speed bump.

cosmos
Jan 25, 2013, 12:06 AM
Anybody knows whether Apple felt like addressing the rMBP lag-issue this time?!

Don't forget: In soviet Russia lag fixes you!

For those younger readers outside of Russia maybe you should have changed it to read gulag fixes you? :)

Yamcha
Jan 25, 2013, 12:17 AM
Both shut down & boot times in my opinion are important. It's the little things like this that have an impact on users. This is kind of one of the reasons I prefer Mac OSX and Macs in general.

Just as an example I love the fact that you can view most popular files natively, without having to actually open an application to view it on OSX, now I could just as easily have waited 5-10 seconds to view that very same file, but it's things like this that add up and give users better overall experience.

gkroeger
Jan 25, 2013, 12:19 AM
This is what you're missing: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4166168?start=0&tstart=0

OK, that isn't a shutdown issue, it's a wake-from-sleep issue. Sure, sometimes it takes a few seconds for my rMBP to wake from sleep... so what? I guess since I can remember waiting much longer than that for a command prompt on a PDP-11, I just can't get worked up about it.

cosmos
Jan 25, 2013, 12:42 AM
OK, that isn't a shutdown issue, it's a wake-from-sleep issue. Sure, sometimes it takes a few seconds for my rMBP to wake from sleep... so what? I guess since I can remember waiting much longer than that for a command prompt on a PDP-11, I just can't get worked up about it.

Yes, things have certainly changed over the years. I too remember waiting a very long time for everything on computer of days long past. Can you imagine waiting three to four minutes to boot today? That was routine back in the day.

I cannot remember the model, but DEC VAX used to have printer terminals that communicated around 150 baud rate IIRC. Now that is S L O O O O O O W. :)

In comparison, slow shutdowns are very low on my list of must haves. I would rather they focus on patching video drivers and Wi-Fi among others first.

81Steven
Jan 25, 2013, 12:55 AM
anyone got a try of bootcamp on a 3tb fusion imac 2012 and windows 8?

any confirm?

iBug2
Jan 25, 2013, 01:12 AM

I have a retina which shuts down in 3-15 seconds. So it certainly does not effect all retina machines.

----------

It must be fixed and as a user i don't really care how or do you want the next generation Macs with OS X to shut down in 30 seconds out of the box because it's low priority?

I couldn't care less. Like I said, there are a lot more important issues than a slow shutdown. I shutdown my mac once a month probably.

The Bulge
Jan 25, 2013, 01:34 AM
I couldn't care less. Like I said, there are a lot more important issues than a slow shutdown. I shutdown my mac once a month probably.

I couldn't care less too. I didn't buy Mac do have a mediocre experience, i didn't upgrade to Mountain Lion to have mediocre experience. There was more then enough time to fix this.

Mike MA
Jan 25, 2013, 02:48 AM

I was exaggerating - if you read the many related threads you just get the feeling that people are getting annoyed by the number of bugs - and some bugs are blemish and though avoidable.

Mac sales going down is due to a general decline in PC sales. Thanks to the post-PC era. Not because of some random, minor, bug in an OS.

I was referencing the Back to the Mac campaign - ML is a innovative but buggy operating system (graphics, airplay, WI-FI issues, ....). Apple clearly is aware of the declining market - but the quality of their latest software products don't meet their own requirements.

Nightkrawler
Jan 25, 2013, 03:37 AM
Macbook Pro 2011 (MacBookPro8,3) here
Bootcamp + 12D58 Trying to download Bootcamp drivers:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17256363/Bildschirmfoto%202013-01-25%20um%2010.27.22.png
This Mac only supports Windows 7. :mad:
I REALLY hope they aren't serious but if yes it's typical Apple as windows 8 runs good after little tweaking.

In the info.plist of bootcamp:
<key>Win7OnlyModels</key>
<array>
<string>MacBook7,1</string>
<string>MacBookAir3,2</string>
<string>MacBookPro5,5</string>
<string>MacPro2,1</string>
<string>Macmini4,1</string>
<string>iMac10,1</string>
</array>Odd as my mac isn't in the incompatible list. My hope is that the download of the drivers just isn't available yet on apples servers and it resorts to the error above.

ItWasNotMe
Jan 25, 2013, 03:37 AM

Why does it matter if the machine is a little slow to shut down? I don't shut mine off very often, I let it go to sleep, but when I do shut it down, I click on it and leave, I don't wait for it to be off, no need.

Because for those that do want to shutdown, sometimes it just doesn't ... ever ... (well if 10 hours later counts as ever)... so you have to watch it.

Time Machine worst culprit in my mind for slowing/halting shut down. For example, if you manually stop Time Machine backup when preferences is still showing barbers pole but legend reads backing up n of n where the two numbers are the same then something won't let go of the Time Machine drive. Finder can't dismount it and shut down won't complete without pulling power plug out.

Schranke
Jan 25, 2013, 03:45 AM
sometimes i have a shutdown on 20-30 sec on my rMBP that combined with the EFI bug an you have yourself a nasty little thing going.
I do enjoy gaming once in a while, but when you know that resetting SMC can give you 15+ more fps, you will have to shutdown.
If they fixed EFI i would not care about shutdown speed. if they fixed shutdown speed, SMC resets would be more tolerable.

So in all there is lot of things i there could be fixed. and i really hope they will not be doing anymore social network things before we have a better system without bugs there effects performance and other stuff.

I do not use twitter and facebook notifications on my mac. since i get them on my phone and it is always with me. i know when to check my fb on safari...

So less social bulls**t and a better system performances, PLZ?

fhall1
Jan 25, 2013, 05:48 AM

Mac sales are down because this year's quarter was one week shorter than last year's and Apple was highly constrained on new iMac supply.

adnbek
Jan 25, 2013, 06:27 AM
Are these fixed?

-Slow shutdown

-Time machine backups always huge in size no matter how recent your last backup was

-Notes deselecting itself in iCloud preferences

These are my biggest annoyances with ML so far.

bomaya
Jan 25, 2013, 07:08 AM
If this version of OSX enables Bootcamp to work with the 3Tb drives then I'd love to know as it would change my mind of which iMac to buy.

chrfr
Jan 25, 2013, 07:09 AM
Are these fixed?

-Slow shutdown

-Time machine backups always huge in size no matter how recent your last backup was

-Notes deselecting itself in iCloud preferences

These are my biggest annoyances with ML so far.

Of these, only the slow shutdown is universal. Unless you've reported these issues, don't expect to see them fixed.

zeeklancer
Jan 25, 2013, 07:36 AM
Wake from sleep problem is easy to fix.

sudo pmset -a standbydelay 43200

Double that number of you often leave your computer sleep longer than 12 hours.

4200 is the default if I remember correctly.

All this does is delay the sleep image from being written to the disk. Eg, it prevents the laptop from going in to super low power saving mode. With the 12 hour number you can expect to loose less than to around 1% battery, although I have never really seen that.

After 12 hours of sleep your computer does what it normally would do.

iBug2
Jan 25, 2013, 07:39 AM
Of these, only the slow shutdown is universal. Unless you've reported these issues, don't expect to see them fixed.

Slow Shutdown is not universal. I don't have it on my rMBP. Either that or people's definition of slow isn't the same as mine. It takes at most 15 sec for mine to shut down and mostly it's around 5 seconds. That's not slow at all for me.

chrfr
Jan 25, 2013, 08:01 AM
Slow Shutdown is not universal. I don't have it on my rMBP. Either that or people's definition of slow isn't the same as mine. It takes at most 15 sec for mine to shut down and mostly it's around 5 seconds. That's not slow at all for me.

Universal was a bad choice of words. I should have used "widely reported." I almost never shut down any of the computers I use, so I couldn't even say which, if any, of my computers are slow to shut down.

GIZBUG
Jan 25, 2013, 08:16 AM
Been running all these 10.8.3 betas, and honestly, notice little if any difference over the previous official release. So This is definitely going to be a minor update.

Jerezanito
Jan 25, 2013, 08:58 AM
Please somebody know for sure this new update that coming soon have the update for bootcamp for support windows 8 thank you

JPOWA
Jan 25, 2013, 10:34 AM

It is slow!!!

If you think in my case, when I had the 2011 13" MBP with Lion and the first version of ML, shutdowns always take less than 3s.

When I changed to rMBP the same time remained!

Now with the same powerful Mac but with a new version of software it takes 5 times more? The problem is 10.8.2!

So it is very slow and not justifiable.

locoboi187
Jan 25, 2013, 11:38 AM
Wake from sleep problem is easy to fix.

sudo pmset -a standbydelay 43200

Double that number of you often leave your computer sleep longer than 12 hours.

4200 is the default if I remember correctly.

All this does is delay the sleep image from being written to the disk. Eg, it prevents the laptop from going in to super low power saving mode. With the 12 hour number you can expect to loose less than to around 1% battery, although I have never really seen that.

After 12 hours of sleep your computer does what it normally would do.

I got this:
Warning: Idle sleep timings for "Battery Power" may not behave as expected.
- Disk sleep should be non-zero whenever system sleep is non-zero.
Warning: Idle sleep timings for "AC Power" may not behave as expected.
- Disk sleep should be non-zero whenever system sleep is non-zero.

I don't like my disks to go to sleep. No point on the rMBP.

Swiss-G
Jan 25, 2013, 03:43 PM
Macbook Pro 2011 (MacBookPro8,3) here
Bootcamp + 12D58 Trying to download Bootcamp drivers:
Image (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17256363/Bildschirmfoto%202013-01-25%20um%2010.27.22.png)
This Mac only supports Windows 7. :mad:
I REALLY hope they aren't serious but if yes it's typical Apple as windows 8 runs good after little tweaking.

<array>
</array>Odd as my mac isn't in the incompatible list. My hope is that the download of the drivers just isn't available yet on apples servers and it resorts to the error above.

Had the same error on my 2011 MBP MacBookPro8,2

The Bulge
Jan 25, 2013, 05:15 PM
My experience with 12D58:

1. Apps i have in the login items do not start.
2. Massive UI glitches.
3. Slow as hell shut down.
4. SkyDrive broke for some reason and i had to go through the setup wizard again.
5. Folder actions stopped working, so i had to remove them and add again.

P.S. This is ****ed up by the way.

EGOvoruhk
Jan 25, 2013, 05:41 PM
<array>
</array>

Ouch. Hopefully that list isn't final, and some stuff gets removed. Is that even the complete list? I'd assume the MacBookPro7,1 would be on there, since it's the same chipset/GPU setup as the MacBookAir3,2 and MacBook7,1. Though those all run fine under 8, and have official drivers for the chipset/GPU. Does Apple just not want to support anything older than 2 years?

AnalyzeThis
Jan 25, 2013, 08:26 PM
Oh, Lord! ML is such a load of bugs!

Where it is going to? This "peace of work" does not even work right on Hacs, not to mention authentic Macs. On ML, I have to reboot every week or so as it starts to crap all over itself (mdworkers and etc.). On the surface it appears to be working, but when you open Console you can see - it is buried in its own poop:

[UserEventAgent] Bug: 12C60: libxpc.dylib + 36100 [FAC04D8B-680E-325F-8F0C-DD69859D0E01]: 0x3,

[sandboxd/mdworker/Mail] BUG in libdispatch: 12C60 - 1510 - 0x4,

[distnoted] Bug: 12C60: liblaunch.dylib + 23849 [2F71CAF8-6524-329E-AC56-C506658B4C0C]: 0x25,

[com.apple.security.pboxd]Bug: 12C60: liblaunch.dylib + 23849 [2F71CAF8-6524-329E-AC56-C506658B4C0C]: 0x25

and all kind of varieties are all over the logs).

I do not even want to mention what they did to Samba and Time Machine.

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs...

I do not reboot my Windows boxes for months.

Shameful, really.

chrfr
Jan 25, 2013, 08:28 PM

2. Massive UI glitches.
4. SkyDrive broke for some reason and i had to go through the setup wizard again.

Havent tried Skydrive, but not seeing the other 3 issues on any of 4 computers.

The Bulge
Jan 26, 2013, 12:09 AM
Havent tried Skydrive, but not seeing the other 3 issues on any of 4 computers.

I'm still hoping current state of OS X QA is just a bad dream.

iBug2
Jan 26, 2013, 02:36 AM

2. Massive UI glitches.
5. Folder actions stopped working, so i had to remove them and add again.

I don't have the first 3 issues on my machines with D58. Don't use SkyDrive and haven't looked at Folder Actions.

ultraspiracle
Jan 26, 2013, 03:41 AM
I guess I am missing something, closing your MB lid is not shutting down (or rebooting). What exactly is happening now when you close your MB that did not happen before? :confused:

----------

I do have MBAs but no rMBP or SSD MBPs. How long is it taking to shut down now vs before?

With Lion 10.7.5 and earlier iterations of 10.8 (i.e. 10.8.1), mid2012, 2.7GHz SSD MBP takes about 4 seconds to shut down, and about 15-20 seconds to hard reboot from useable to useable. 10.8.2 slowed it to about 1-1.5 minutes on my machine (like 40 seconds or more to just shut down). Thus, the clean re-install of 10.7.5 in my case to get away from 10.8.2. Plus, the ML software was just plain buggy.

The Bulge
Jan 26, 2013, 03:53 AM
I don't have the first 3 issues on my machines with D58. Don't use SkyDrive and haven't looked at Folder Actions.

I confirmed this on multiple different machines. Not a coincidence then.

81Steven
Jan 26, 2013, 04:49 AM
Anyone confirm bootcamp support for 3tb drive and windows 8?

JGRE
Jan 26, 2013, 05:12 AM
Apple should fix the existing bugs first before spending any time on new features and social crap. They should give that Forestal dude to MS :D

cmChimera
Jan 26, 2013, 12:17 PM
Apple should fix the existing bugs first before spending any time on new features and social crap. They should give that Forestal dude to MS :D

Forestall didn't work on OS X. Also, 10.8.1-3 are all updates for bug fixes.

koban4max
Jan 26, 2013, 02:37 PM

electricity bill is probably one reason...

FrancoisC
Jan 26, 2013, 02:41 PM
electricity bill is probably one reason...

Unless you're encoding videos 100% of the time, you Mac/Computer must be the thing that use the less power in you entire home, so I don't think that's a good answer...

Anyway, 5 sec shut down time, or the 2-3 minutes some people are experiencing, you'll be lucky if there's a nickel of difference on your electricity bill, and that's for the whole year!

But I got an answer above, about the shutdown taking hours for some people :/

koban4max
Jan 26, 2013, 02:58 PM
Unless you're encoding videos 100% of the time, you Mac/Computer must be the thing that use the less power in you entire home, so I don't think that's a good answer...

Anyway, 5 sec shut down time, or the 2-3 minutes some people are experiencing, you'll be lucky if there's a nickel of difference on your electricity bill, and that's for the whole year!

nope...computer uses alot.

sshhoott
Jan 27, 2013, 12:39 AM
Anyone know if choppy animations and memory leaks related to Nvidia GPUs have been fixed? :o

AnonMac50
Jan 27, 2013, 08:30 AM

If you use a Mac mini maybe…:rolleyes:

My computer takes about 5 minutes to shut down sometimes. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

newfoundglory
Jan 27, 2013, 11:44 AM
If you want 10.8.3 you might want to look here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16713107&postcount=103

AnonMac50
Jan 27, 2013, 11:57 AM
Anyone tried the new Boot Camp drivers with Windows 8?

Swiss-G
Jan 27, 2013, 01:46 PM
Anyone tried the new Boot Camp drivers with Windows 8?

They don't appear to be available yet.

When you download the bootcamp drivers a message appears stating that the computer only supports windows 7!

Will probably appear just before public release.

mattburley7
Jan 27, 2013, 03:58 PM
i wonder if we will see another beta or if they finally going to release this week?

iBug2
Jan 27, 2013, 05:18 PM
Forestall didn't work on OS X. Also, 10.8.1-3 are all updates for bug fixes.

10.8.2 brought facebook integration.

----------

nope...computer uses alot.

A laptop while not doing a CPU intensive task uses a very small amount of electricity. That's how it can go on doing it for 7 hours on battery.

A desktop uses more, but the display uses the most of it. So if your display is off, even if your Mac Pro, or iMac isn't on sleep, unless it's doing a CPU intensive task, its power draw will be lower. Still though, having it open the entire night will effect your bill. My Mac Pro uses 230Watts on idle. Display (30") uses almost as much. iMacs use a lot less though.

Risco
Jan 28, 2013, 12:25 PM
Soooo, will final be released today as iOS 6.1 has come out?

mattburley7
Jan 28, 2013, 01:02 PM
hard to say when this will come out but 10.7.3 update came out feb 1st so maybe around the same timeframe for 10.8.3?

deadcantdance
Jan 28, 2013, 01:41 PM
Soooo, will final be released today as iOS 6.1 has come out?

This is what I hope :D

sirtekalot
Jan 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Why must we pay for betas? I know the money aspect; but really. :( I'm too broke to renew my dev account and I'm stuck on 12D32. Sucks to be me.

deadcantdance
Jan 30, 2013, 06:34 AM
Okay, I place my bet for today, because most OS X updates were released on a wednesday :D

jafingi
Jan 30, 2013, 07:06 AM
Why must we pay for betas? I know the money aspect; but really. :( I'm too broke to renew my dev account and I'm stuck on 12D32. Sucks to be me.

Because betas are not for people who want's to play smart. It's for developers who need to test their apps with the updated API's before release of the OS.

JazJon
Jan 31, 2013, 09:30 PM
I'm glad to know Windows 8 Bootcamp support is coming in 10.8.3.

I'm itching to get this for my new MacMini ! HDMI Audio isn't working in Windows 8 (works in Win 7) so I've been forced to use SPDIF Toslink audio out for my Media Center DVR setup for now. This isn't compatible with my new SlingBox HDMI 500 though.

LastMinuteMike
Feb 1, 2013, 03:08 PM

• Includes Safari 6.0.3

Yay, BootCamp!

Marx55
Feb 2, 2013, 04:19 PM
Definitely, next week then!

kensic
Feb 8, 2013, 11:31 AM
sick! i will wait for windows 8 drivers before putting windows on to my mac.

yay! glad i read this, almost installed windows 7

so does that mean, when we go to download the drivers support...it will give us an option of downloading for wins 7 or 8?

MiamiC70
Mar 1, 2013, 06:47 PM
For the love of god how much longer can Apple drag Windows 8 drivers out.

w0lf
Mar 1, 2013, 07:37 PM

Obviously a pretty long time.

But for the most part I don't think much is really needed. I've been running Windows 8 just fine for months now on my Macbook, sure there's been a little trouble shooting required but nothing major.

JazJon
Mar 1, 2013, 11:25 PM

seriously, I'm not able to get HDMI Audio in Windows 8, not happy in device manager. (luckily SPDIF Toslink from the sound card works for now)

That's the biggest thing I'm waiting for on my new mac mini win8 cablecard media center, everything else is working fine.

Ultra AleM
Mar 9, 2013, 10:28 AM
Did they fix the laggy UI on the rMBP? if not, I am going to change it before the 14 days.Please tell me

Hungry&Foolish
Mar 9, 2013, 10:46 AM
Did they fix the laggy UI on the rMBP? if not, I am going to change it before the 14 days.Please tell me
http://nightly.webkit.org
Download the nightly safari build. No lag whatsoever

Ultra AleM
Mar 9, 2013, 10:47 AM
http://nightly.webkit.org
Download the nightly safari build. No lag whatsoever

Not just talking about Safari...

Hungry&Foolish
Mar 9, 2013, 11:13 AM
Not just talking about Safari...

I Know the system lag gets annoying sometimes. Hopefully 10.8.3 will put a huge smile on our faces.

Ultra AleM
Mar 9, 2013, 07:14 PM
I Know the system lag gets annoying sometimes. Hopefully 10.8.3 will put a huge smile on our faces.

I need to know it this week! I am in the 14 days I can change it. I do not want to have a 2000$ machine that lags. It is ridiculos!

I want a machine that is super fast for the next 2-3 years. Is 10.8.3 fixing everything? And when is it coming out?

PBG4 Dude
Mar 11, 2013, 08:19 AM
I need to know it this week! I am in the 14 days I can change it. I do not want to have a 2000$ machine that lags. It is ridiculos!

I want a machine that is super fast for the next 2-3 years. Is 10.8.3 fixing everything? And when is it coming out?

Simple solution. Return your rMBP, then check it out again in the stores once 10.8.3 is out and see if it suits you.

Instachill
Mar 14, 2013, 04:51 AM
So I just bought Windows 8 and installed it(without bootcamp) over my old windows 7 partition(wich was installed with bootcamp). Everything works but now the max volume is so low(even on 100%) that it is almost nonexistent.
Pluging in my big speakers increases the sound but barely(still not enough to enjoy)...Please anyhelp would be appreciated.
___p.s. Is there a solution that does not involve a system restore, because I used up my only Win8 key installing it the first time. Thank You
Instachill is online now Report Post

JazJon
Mar 15, 2013, 09:15 PM
It's finally out !!!!!!

http://modmyi.com/content/10350-apple-rolls-out-os-x-10-8-3.html