PDA

View Full Version : Getting your app to show up in Google results

thedon1
Jan 25, 2013, 12:19 PM
H, I just made my first iphone app and got it into the store but have a question about getting it to show up in google search results.

How are app store links treated by google? What would you need to do to get your app name towards the top of a google search, even if all you were searching was specifically the name of the app?

Thanks

Jessica Lares
Jan 25, 2013, 01:42 PM
H, I just made my first iphone app and got it into the store but have a question about getting it to show up in google search results.

How are app store links treated by google? What would you need to do to get your app name towards the top of a google search, even if all you were searching was specifically the name of the app?

Thanks

It would have to be linked on a site first, that way Google would pick up the backlink. Sometimes talking about it on Twitter would help, or getting a review from a website. Either that, or make a promo website and submit it to Webmaster Tools.

thedon1
Jan 29, 2013, 05:17 PM
It would have to be linked on a site first, that way Google would pick up the backlink. Sometimes talking about it on Twitter would help, or getting a review from a website. Either that, or make a promo website and submit it to Webmaster Tools.

Thanks for the information.

Do facebook and forum posts help to contribute too?

Jessica Lares
Jan 29, 2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the information.

Do facebook and forum posts help to contribute too?

I don't know about Facebook, but if a message board doesn't have any "Nofollow" attributes when you link stuff, then yeah it would.