Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Here's what I'm thinking. I'll download the Pandora app on a Mac, then create an AppleScript that applies an "Alvin and the Chipmunks" sound effect to the music before it gets to the sound card.

The script would need to capture only the sound from the Pandora app, ignoring all sounds made from other applications. It would then need to send this audio to an application that can process it and output the modified audio. Maybe GarageBand will do. All this needs to happen real-time. Just so I don't get in legal trouble, the script can only record one millisecond at a time. And all this work needs to be done in real-time.

Maybe I'm going in way over my head with AppleScript. But if there is a relatively easy way to do this using AppleScript, I'd like to know about it. If not, I'll just use Xcode. If AppleScript doesn't offer this, but Xcode does, I'd like it if you guys could at least point me in the right direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.