PDA

View Full Version : Must have Apps for the iPad

Donia330i
Jan 28, 2013, 12:51 PM
Besides facebook, twitter and instagram what are some of your favorite apps? The ones you can't live without now. Also what are your favorite games for iPad? Thanks!

Deanavryn
Jan 28, 2013, 09:31 PM
Check out Build a Scare. Great for small kids
iPad -https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/build-a-scare-hd/id566841020?mt=8

or Jigsaw Creator (included free with build a scare).
iPad - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jigsaw-creator/id568634511?ls=1&mt=8

HazyCloud
Jan 28, 2013, 10:22 PM
1Password, Flipboard, Instapaper, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Minecraft, NBA 2K13, Letterpress and Monopoly.

dorofrin
Jan 29, 2013, 08:34 AM
I dont use my iPad for anything else than games, so I can only recommend you the following:

Clash of Clans
Mayas & Aliens
Simpsons Tapped Out
Temple Run 2
Jurassic Park Builder
Infinity Blade 2

I have a lot more on my iPad, but these are my favorites :D

dancj
Jan 29, 2013, 04:08 PM
1Password
I was tempted by that - but it was a bit too pricey so I set Appshopper watching it so I'd be notified when it goes on sale.

Then it doubled in price the next day. :mad:

HazyCloud
Jan 29, 2013, 05:47 PM
I was tempted by that - but it was a bit too pricey so I set Appshopper watching it so I'd be notified when it goes on sale.

You can't put a price on security. I seriously couldn't live without 1Password now that my Mac, iPad and iPhone versions all sync together. I can now safely and easily have a different, strong password for every site I visit.

I didn't want to mess with it at first, but I had a huge sigh of relief knowing that if a site like Amazon gets hacked, the hackers won't be able to access ANY of my other accounts like PayPal or Apple since my password for Amazon is different then any other password I use.

Seriously, get it and update all of your passwords. The price is nothing if you compare it to your online security. And of course 1Password isn't just for passwords. You can store all kinds of secure information in it. (I also wouldn't trust some random password manager with my information. For me, it's 1Password only.)

Teresa111
Jan 30, 2013, 04:23 AM
iDisplay is not bad for iPad, I use it as additional monitor.

MonkeySee....
Jan 30, 2013, 04:28 AM
Flipboard
Ebay
The Game
Apple remote
iPhoto

Do you have young kids? I have some good suggestions but won't waste my time if you don't :)

Donia330i
Jan 30, 2013, 07:35 AM
Flipboard
Ebay
The Game
Apple remote
iPhoto

Do you have young kids? I have some good suggestions but won't waste my time if you don't :)

Sorry, no kids....

dancj
Jan 30, 2013, 04:21 PM
You can't put a price on security. I seriously couldn't live without 1Password now that my Mac, iPad and iPhone versions all sync together. I can now safely and easily have a different, strong password for every site I visit.
I already use SecureSafe which gives me the same functionality for free. The only issue there is it has a 50 password limit until you have to start paying a regular fee - and I refuse to do that. I'm up to 43 passwords right now.

HazyCloud
Jan 30, 2013, 11:32 PM
I already use SecureSafe which gives me the same functionality for free. The only issue there is it has a 50 password limit until you have to start paying a regular fee - and I refuse to do that. I'm up to 43 passwords right now.

I personally wouldn't trust them with my info. They mention on their site that they store your info for you when 1Password stores it locally. Hell, I had to do a ton of research before I even trusted 1Password with my data. That's why I mentioned I wouldn't trust just any company. You have no idea if your info is being stored somewhere.

TrentS
Jan 31, 2013, 03:19 PM
IMDB, iTV, Simpsons Tapped Out, iMovie, Weather, Safari, Sketchbook Pro, Camera, Crackle, Mail, USA Today, Calendar, Notes, ESPN.

:D :D :D :D

Jessica Lares
Jan 31, 2013, 04:48 PM
This is all the stuff I have on my iPad Mini:

Snapseed

Living Earth
Thermo

Wikiweb
iHandy Calculator HD Pro
MobisleNotes

Photoshop Touch
SketchBook Ink
Poster
Firetask
Documents by Readdle
Archives
TextExpander

Figure
GarageBand
DM1 Drum Machine
76 Synthesizer
Tabletop
Orphion

ComiXology
Amazon Instant Video
Kindle
Pushover
Adobe Revel
Splashtop 2
U-Verse
Zinio
iTunes U
HotKeys

Flipboard
GMail
Day One
Paper
Noteshelf
Evernote

As for games... :D

Lili
Rayman Jungle Run
Sonic Jump
Swing King
The Blockheads
King Oddball
Fibble HD
Gesundheit! HD

GerritV
Jan 31, 2013, 11:54 PM

I didn't want to mess with it at first, but I had a huge sigh of relief knowing that if a site like Amazon gets hacked, the hackers won't be able to access ANY of my other accounts like PayPal or Apple since my password for Amazon is different then any other password I use.

Seriously, get it and update all of your passwords. The price is nothing if you compare it to your online security. And of course 1Password isn't just for passwords. You can store all kinds of secure information in it. (I also wouldn't trust some random password manager with my information. For me, it's 1Password only.)

1Password sells on 50% at this moment...

Titus
Feb 1, 2013, 05:52 PM
iControlAV2 for my receiver. My TV and surround sound speakers are the only things on the wall. No wires. I have the Harmony remote APP and the app that controls my receiver. I love this feature..

Xe - Table of elements....very fun way to learn chemistry
Audubon - if you're interested in birds
Osmos - Favorite game
Scrabble - Favorite game to play when I'm in boring meetings
Netflix - love streaming shows while cooking

Uffish Thought
Feb 1, 2013, 06:41 PM

$24.99 at the MAS...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1535376

Giuly
Feb 1, 2013, 07:11 PM
iBooks.

fujitsu
Feb 7, 2013, 05:22 AM
I like Flipboard, Dropbox, Viber, just to name a few.

As for games, my favorite is Bastion. Try Granny Smith as well.

Hope it helps!

Donia330i
Feb 7, 2013, 11:37 AM
Anyone play any of the racing games like RealRacing2, need for speed, etc. Or what about Modern Warfare, Call of duty?

HazyCloud
Feb 7, 2013, 05:29 PM
Anyone play any of the racing games like RealRacing2, need for speed, etc. Or what about Modern Warfare, Call of duty?

The only CoD games are CoD Zombies. Need for Speed is pretty great (and so is RR2), but I'd wait on Real Racing 3 which should release anytime now.

richimages
Feb 8, 2013, 10:18 AM
iFiles - remote viewing of any of your cloud files like: webdomain, dropbox, facebook, etc ...

DropBox

EverNote

OliveTree BibleReader

NoteShelf - and excellent handwriting app (get a fiber mesh tipped stylus for best results )

Kindle

ArtStudio - for digital artist, look up some youtube videos on this one.

Luis2004
Feb 8, 2013, 01:00 PM
Dropbox
Goodnotes
iBooks
Living Earth
Ruzzle
PDF Expert
Spashtop 2
Noteshelf

TJ61
Feb 8, 2013, 04:28 PM
...I'd wait on Real Racing 3 which should release anytime now.

Except that RR2 HD is $1.99 right now, and who knows when RR3 is really coming out. (Must I take another career thru RR2? OK, I will.)

Regards,
Tom

mac00l
Feb 9, 2013, 11:25 PM

Need for speed most wanted is an awesome game and is only .99 right now. Real racing 2 is also great.

On my iPad mini I have:

My top 3 apps are:
1.- Tweetbot (for me the best twitter client out there)
2.- Pulse News (I can check all blogs and similar stuff at a glance)
3.- Evernote

Other apps I use

Daily use:
Facebook, google +, linkedin, getglue, app store, iStudiez Pro, Pages, Penultimate, Blackboard and Living Earth

Reading, news:
iBooks, BBC News, CNN, Flipboard, toucharcade, imdb, news stand, 3x local news apps + local cinema app.

Games:
Max Payne, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Bastion, Infinity Blade 2, NFS Most Wanted, F1 2011, Asphalt 7, Real Racing 2, Repulze, FIFA 13, ARC Squadron, GPP, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Walking Mars, Rayman Run, Zombie GS, Walking Dead, Dead Space, Gesundheit! HD, Anomaly Korea, GBWG, Downfall, Boost 2, Into The Dead, Reckless racing 2, Mutant Mudds, God of Blades, Edge EX, Jetpack Joyride, Naught, Angry Birds Rio & Star Wars, Temple Run2, Plague Inc

Youtube, TED, and World War 2 apps.

About games, most (if not all) of them were either free or .99. This TouchArcade app is fantastical (is from the same developers as macrumors) because it keeps a track of when apps are free or at sale. As you can see most of my games are premium and I guess the only game I got at full price was Mass Effect Infiltrator and only because I'm a great fan.

Badrottie
Feb 10, 2013, 01:15 AM
Besides facebook, twitter and instagram what are some of your favorite apps? The ones you can't live without now. Also what are your favorite games for iPad? Thanks!

Flipboard
Pulse
Dropbox
Cnet
AP news
eBay

Games
Temple Run 1, 2, and Brave
Flows
CSRRacing
:apple:

Al'sDad
Feb 10, 2013, 08:56 AM
iBooks
Dropbox
Photoshop Touch
CalWizrd
Goodnotes

JohnIV
Feb 10, 2013, 12:14 PM
Just to mention a few:

Things

Drafts

Art Authority

OmniOutliner

Jet Car Stunts

Minecraft

PDF Expert

Karajan Pro

And many more, and I also have probably more than 100 apps that I have barely begun testing.

syd430
Feb 10, 2013, 12:58 PM
1) Kingdom Rush 2) Kingdom Rush

Uofmtiger
Feb 10, 2013, 01:37 PM
Zinio - for magazine subscriptions
MOG/SiriusXM - music (paid subscription)
Slingplayer - live streaming of Directv via Slingbox at home
Directv - limited when compared to Slingplayer, but it is still pretty useful
Flipboard
Nightstand - clock
Rowmote Pro - used to control a mac mini that I have hooked to a TV
Splashtop2
The Weather Channel
Kindle
Downcast - podcasts
Remote - great for controlling music or AppleTVs
Denon app - great for controlling my Denon receiver
Eyefi app - great for transferring photos from my camera
Snapseed - quick editing of photos
Netflix/Amazon Prime - movies
Airfoil Touch Speakers - turns iPad into Airplay receiver

This is the "short" list, but I have a lot more apps that get used frequently.

Donia330i
Feb 10, 2013, 02:36 PM
Need for speed most wanted is an awesome game and is only .99 right now. Real racing 2 is also great.

On my iPad mini I have:

My top 3 apps are:
1.- Tweetbot (for me the best twitter client out there)
2.- Pulse News (I can check all blogs and similar stuff at a glance)
3.- Evernote

Other apps I use

Daily use:
Facebook, google +, linkedin, getglue, app store, iStudiez Pro, Pages, Penultimate, Blackboard and Living Earth

Reading, news:
iBooks, BBC News, CNN, Flipboard, toucharcade, imdb, news stand, 3x local news apps + local cinema app.

Games:
Max Payne, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Bastion, Infinity Blade 2, NFS Most Wanted, F1 2011, Asphalt 7, Real Racing 2, Repulze, FIFA 13, ARC Squadron, GPP, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Walking Mars, Rayman Run, Zombie GS, Walking Dead, Dead Space, Gesundheit! HD, Anomaly Korea, GBWG, Downfall, Boost 2, Into The Dead, Reckless racing 2, Mutant Mudds, God of Blades, Edge EX, Jetpack Joyride, Naught, Angry Birds Rio & Star Wars, Temple Run2, Plague Inc

Youtube, TED, and World War 2 apps.

About games, most (if not all) of them were either free or .99. This TouchArcade app is fantastical (is from the same developers as macrumors) because it keeps a track of when apps are free or at sale. As you can see most of my games are premium and I guess the only game I got at full price was Mass Effect Infiltrator and only because I'm a great fan.

Wow! That's quite a list. All that fits on your mini?

mac00l
Feb 10, 2013, 07:37 PM
Wow! That's quite a list. All that fits on your mini?

I've got the 32GB version and I don't have music (use streaming via iTunes Match) nor videos.

But I only have 6.4GB left of free space.

danpass
Feb 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
FB Twitter Instagram and the like are the opposite of 'must have' lol

PocketCloud
Teamviewer
Foreflight
MyRadar
iPhoto
iMovie
AngryBirds Star Wars
Goodreader
Notepad
Dropbox
Pages
Numbers
Keynote was neat so I've got that too lol
Zinio

Donia330i
Feb 11, 2013, 11:39 AM
I've got the 32GB version and I don't have music (use streaming via iTunes Match) nor videos.

But I only have 6.4GB left of free space.

Still thats pretty amazing. I thought the games would take up much more space and 6.4 gb left is doing great. I'm going to have to look through your list and check out the sizes.

lexvo
Feb 11, 2013, 12:02 PM
Just a few:

Notability (for me the best note taking app now, I also have DailyNotes which is good but I find Notability better)

Tweetbot

Goodreader

Pages

Numbers

JohnIV
Feb 11, 2013, 12:47 PM
Still thats pretty amazing. I thought the games would take up much more space and 6.4 gb left is doing great. I'm going to have to look through your list and check out the sizes.

I have 32GB and no multimedia files, just apps. It's a constant struggle with space, I currently have like 800MB left, but then I have (big) apps uninstalled that I'm not done with, so I have them noted on a list for future installation.

Unfortunately the list at AppStore with all purchased/downloaded apps is useless for this purpose, because I have downloaded so many (most are uninstalled) that I refuse to even look at that list.

Which brings me to a feature request of mine... I like to be able to tag apps at the store. Then I would have tags for things like potential purchases (down the road) and purchased apps to be installed later. Do you hear that, Apple?

mnasser
Feb 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
Strange World (http://itunes.apple.com/br/app/mundo-estranho/id598832113?mt=8)

elizabethberger
Feb 12, 2013, 04:46 AM
You can visit here (http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-app-store/) for more apps.

Donia330i
Feb 12, 2013, 09:13 AM
I have 32GB and no multimedia files, just apps. It's a constant struggle with space, I currently have like 800MB left, but then I have (big) apps uninstalled that I'm not done with, so I have them noted on a list for future installation.

Unfortunately the list at AppStore with all purchased/downloaded apps is useless for this purpose, because I have downloaded so many (most are uninstalled) that I refuse to even look at that list.

Which brings me to a feature request of mine... I like to be able to tag apps at the store. Then I would have tags for things like potential purchases (down the road) and purchased apps to be installed later. Do you hear that, Apple?

So you think you should of gotten the 64 gb?

Luis2004
Feb 12, 2013, 01:12 PM
You can visit here (http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-app-store/) for more apps.

Wow. Hilarious.

JohnIV
Feb 12, 2013, 03:57 PM

Probably, but 32GB would have been fine if app store just had some way to tag or bookmark apps, which is a pretty natural feature anyway (most bittorrent sites has it.)

I've run into the same problem with my 16GB iPhone.

WilliamLondon
Feb 12, 2013, 07:10 PM

Originally I was going to buy the 16GB (mini), but decided last minute to get the 32GB version, and though I love it and it works great, there are some apps that are much bigger than I expected and so I do find myself having to manage apps a bit more than I wanted (not a problem, but not ideal). I plan to upgrade to a mini 2 and I'll definitely upgrade storage at that time.

My top apps list:

Dropbox
Evernote
GoodReader (though I'm very interested in one day checking out iAnnotate and PDF Expert - PDFpen is crap)
Joe Danger (great game!)
Kindle
Wunderlist
lots of other games (when I'm not in GoodReader reading PDFs or in the Kindle app, there are pages of games I have and love on this wonderful device)

new-to-mac
Feb 13, 2013, 04:20 AM
Here's is what I have ans use mainly:
aside from fb, twitter, linkedin

dropbox
XE currency (I travel a lot so currency converter is always useful)
zite
evernote
downcast - best podcast app
weave and orderly - testing both to see which I like best
foodspotting - great to find restaurants in my vicinity (i travel a lot)
snapspeed
collect (collect a photo per day - i travel a lot so take a picture per day to havea history)
flipboard
av player hd (to watch movies on those long haul flights - did i mention i travel a lot :p)

i actually don't have any games and would like to hear recommendation on those. i've played around with the room which was quite entertaining but any recommendation on action based games would be great

lots of other games (when I'm not in GoodReader reading PDFs or in the Kindle app, there are pages of games I have and love on this wonderful device)

any that you would like to share?

thanks

WilliamLondon
Feb 13, 2013, 07:05 AM
any that you would like to share?

thanks

I have a folder on my home row called Top Games, and in it are these:

Lego Harry Potter (though admittedly I've only played it once)
Joe Danger
Machinarium (great graphics)
Sonic Racing
Aqueduct (great puzzle game)
Interlocked (great 3D puzzle game)
Doors and Rooms (quite difficult)
Tapped Out (because I love the Simpsons)
Super Monkey Ball (for some reason I really enjoy this silly game)

I recently got and have just started playing:

Table Top Racing (quite a fun game so far)
Paper Monsters (supposed to be a bit like Little Big Planet)

Then there are the more obvious great ones:

The Room (when are they going to release more levels for this?!)
Plants vs. Zombies
Cut the Rope (all versions including Pudding Monsters)
Angry Birds (all versions)

My poor PS3 has been idle ever since I got my mini.

new-to-mac
Feb 13, 2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks - will check these out

My poor PS3 has been idle ever since I got my mini.

Ha! That put a smile on my face!

Oragami
Feb 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
Download All, and the Kindle and Tumblr apps.

Educ8r
Feb 13, 2013, 02:41 PM

Lynx8
Feb 14, 2013, 04:17 PM
I debated with my friend about "productivity" on iPad. Especially there was point do people can do some real and ordinary kinds of work such as spreadsheets. And we even tested some scenarios and gues what: I can most of the usual things do in Numbers on iPad faster than he on his PC with MS Excel.

Not the most used app on my iPad but definitly my "hero app" which proves that iPad is real computer for work and play: Numbers!!

I think Numbers and Pages on Mac need some improvements etc., but iWork suit for iPad is really exemplary case, how one can do iPad apps to be powerful, beuautiful, better than apps any other computer form factor - even for work!

So I think must have apps are Number, Pages and Keynote if you are in school or need doing presentations for work or something.

My most used app is Skype :D Sorry Apple, but Skype is more convenient for me than FaceTime. On Skype there are my all contacts.

Also use Calcbot a lot, mostly on iPhone but on the iPad also. This is so simple and most beautiful calcultor I ever tried.

22learn
Feb 26, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Members
My name is Angela and I am on the marketing team for 22Learn. We are an award winning educational app development company. We are Famigo approved and have won Parent's Choice Awards. We have gorgeous fun educational apps for toddlers and kids!
From the thread comments I think you guys will love our apps. Here is the itune link for one of our latest apps!
: https://itunes.apple...d576701625?mt=8
LIKE us on Facebook to keep up to date with new developments and the chance to get free promo codes and follow us on Twitter (22learnapps)
We would love for you to be part of our community!
I am a mommy of 2 little girls-My 5 year old loves the Alphabet Aquarium and the Bingo game and my 20month old loves bubble pop so much it was the first 2 words she strung together!
Looking forward to connecting with you all!
Angela

Gala
Feb 26, 2013, 02:46 PM
Apps that have improved the way I work
Things - Fits my life perfectly. I've tried Omnifocus too but stuck with Things because it seems to fit my flow better
JumpDesktop - Best remote desktop I've used
Penultimate - I don't do much writing note taking on my iPad mini so this is very simple and easy when I need it
Scanner Pro - Using this with the next 5 apps have made my entire workflow paperless & seriously shaved 30-40 min off of documents I need to send out.
Documents
PDF Expert
DocuSign Ink
eFax
1Password - I do billing and insurance verification so I'm constantly logging on to websites that time out

Finance Apps

BillMinder, DebtMinder, Mint - I've looked around for finance apps for a while and finally landed on these and have been very happy with them

Personal Apps
Radio.com - best radio app for my sports talk
Calcbot - best calculator app period
Tweetbot - have tried a few and like this the best
Evernote - use instead of stock Notes app & its able to do so much more
Reeder - I've used Flipboard, Zite, Mr. Reader and I just love the Reeder apps.
Verbs - My Gtalk app of choice. I've used all of them. Verbs looks and feels just like a stock Apple app
Zeebox - I used iTV for a while and then stumbled upon this and deleted iTV immediately
Day One - Not a big journal person but love the idea of it so I grabbed this one to update regularly and love it.

Games
Clash of Clans
All Angry Birds
Bad Piggies
Amazing Alex
Letterpress

Watch TV apps
WatchESPN
Disney Junior
The CW
NBC
ABC Player
Netflix

**As you can see I'm a sucker for certain app developers. I'm a huge fan of Readdle, Rovio, Tapbots, Cultured Code, Return7, Evernote Team

Donia330i
Feb 26, 2013, 05:21 PM
Apps that have improved the way I work
Things - Fits my life perfectly. I've tried Omnifocus too but stuck with Things because it seems to fit my flow better
JumpDesktop - Best remote desktop I've used
Penultimate - I don't do much writing note taking on my iPad mini so this is very simple and easy when I need it
Scanner Pro - Using this with the next 5 apps have made my entire workflow paperless & seriously shaved 30-40 min off of documents I need to send out.
Documents
PDF Expert
DocuSign Ink
eFax
1Password - I do billing and insurance verification so I'm constantly logging on to websites that time out

Finance Apps

BillMinder, DebtMinder, Mint - I've looked around for finance apps for a while and finally landed on these and have been very happy with them

Personal Apps
Radio.com - best radio app for my sports talk
Calcbot - best calculator app period
Tweetbot - have tried a few and like this the best
Evernote - use instead of stock Notes app & its able to do so much more
Reeder - I've used Flipboard, Zite, Mr. Reader and I just love the Reeder apps.
Verbs - My Gtalk app of choice. I've used all of them. Verbs looks and feels just like a stock Apple app
Zeebox - I used iTV for a while and then stumbled upon this and deleted iTV immediately
Day One - Not a big journal person but love the idea of it so I grabbed this one to update regularly and love it.

Games
Clash of Clans
All Angry Birds
Bad Piggies
Amazing Alex
Letterpress

Watch TV apps
WatchESPN
Disney Junior
The CW
NBC
ABC Player
Netflix

**As you can see I'm a sucker for certain app developers. I'm a huge fan of Readdle, Rovio, Tapbots, Cultured Code, Return7, Evernote Team

Great list! what size iPad are these on?

Knockworstface
Feb 26, 2013, 05:44 PM
Shadowgun

Mass Effect:Infiltrator

Deadspace

Dead Trigger

Gala
Feb 26, 2013, 06:13 PM
Great list! what size iPad are these on?

iPad mini

Most of these apps are also available on the iPhone and Mac. I like my stuff to sync and all of of those do.

smoking monkey
Feb 26, 2013, 07:45 PM
Flipboard

Yes, please. If you got the time or inclination could you PM me some? That would be awesome.

Final Draft if you write. Pages if you create documents. Goodreader for marking PDFs.
Games: Spell Tower, Reckless Racing 2, Plants v Zombies, Peggle.
I must be a rare user who doesn't use any of the big 3 social networking apps - FB, Tw, Insta. I like my privacy. Although I have a Tw account set up for Rugby League last minute news for my Fantasy Footy team... but haven't set it up on ipad yet.

Check out Build a Scare. Great for small kids
iPad -https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/build-a-scare-hd/id566841020?mt=8

or Jigsaw Creator (included free with build a scare).
iPad - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jigsaw-creator/id568634511?ls=1&mt=8

That build a Scare looks brilliant! I'm going to use that with a class in a few weeks. Thanks.

daveathall
Mar 7, 2013, 04:17 PM

I too have 1Password on my iPad Mini, MBP and Nexus 4 and agree with all the above. Quality costs, 1Password is quality.

Other apps I like are Calengoo which syncs with my Google Calander on my Nexus 4, Flipboard is just superb.

lexvo
Mar 9, 2013, 03:30 AM
Goodreader

Notability

Xtreme cloud explorer - great app for accessing clouds and WebDav servers

Pages

Numbers

irnchriz
Mar 9, 2013, 04:31 AM
Lots of apps on my iPads. Here are the ones I use most often

IPad retina 4G:

Logmein ignition
Goto assist
Parallels
Dropbox
Numbers
Pages
Netflix
BBC iplayer
Real Racing 3 (with credits save installed so no IAP)

Along with safari and mail (4exchange accounts plus iCloud)

Ipad mini:

Web and email as above,
iBooks
Auto trader
Podcasts
Remote (for Apple TV)
Itunein radio pro

dancj
Mar 9, 2013, 03:18 PM
Real Racing 3 (with credits save installed so no IAP)
What is 'credits save'?

smithydan
Mar 11, 2013, 08:38 AM
People have some interesting combinations.

irnchriz
Mar 11, 2013, 09:26 AM
What is 'credits save'?

its a tweaked savegame which gives you 2 billion game credits (the ones you have to buy from EA if you want to unlock events/buy cars/pay for faster servicing etc.

dancj
Mar 11, 2013, 04:57 PM
its a tweaked savegame which gives you 2 billion game credits (the ones you have to buy from EA if you want to unlock events/buy cars/pay for faster servicing etc.
Ah. I'd probably use that if I hadn't found RR3 a bit dull.

geoluv
Mar 11, 2013, 07:57 PM
I really like "Transfer - File Sharing". It's just a simple little app for sending and receiving any file to other devices over Bluetooth or Wifi. iPhone and ipad versions, totally free ad based and pro versions. No limits at all unlike other file transfer apps, nice and fast, it topped out my n band router when transferring a 250 MB video file from my iPhone to my ipad. Just simple and it works. Ideal uses are if you have a cool video or any file really that is bigger than a few MB and you want to give it to a friend. If you have a Bluetooth 2.1 device it can be slow but if you have Bluetooth 3 or higher you don't even really need the wifi connection you can just do it over Bluetooth anywhere, even huge video files.

mytwomiracles
Mar 12, 2013, 12:38 AM
Flipboard
Ebay
The Game
Apple remote
iPhoto

Could you please give suggestions for young kids? I have young children. Thank you!

Andreasen
Mar 12, 2013, 02:25 AM

The Google+ App is very nice, just be aware it takes all the photos online to you Google+ profile! But dont worry you need to allow them for others to see them... i got a litle scarred til first time when i thought everyone could see them! Google + took all from Facebook + added allot of xtra's! :cool:

geoluv
Mar 12, 2013, 03:16 AM
The Google+ App is very nice, just be aware it takes all the photos online to you Google+ profile! But dont worry you need to allow them for others to see them... i got a litle scarred til first time when i thought everyone could see them! Google + took all from Facebook + added allot of xtra's! :cool:

I could be wrong about this but I think the google+ app is also the best way to video chat with your friends on droids.

richimages
Mar 13, 2013, 06:22 AM

You can keep it from accessing your photos in the settings - you're not forced to let it place you photos online.

MonkeySee....
Mar 13, 2013, 06:33 AM
Could you please give suggestions for young kids? I have young children. Thank you!

yeah no problem.

Depending on how old your children are My 2 year old has been playing the following....

Farm 123:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYDTFFPQlk

Nighty Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugpsept6jIY

Little Fox Music Box:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/little-fox-music-box-kids/id499541243?mt=8

Curious George at the Zoo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnI424xWzq0

try these. Few have in app purchases but makes teh game more fun :)

Check the reviews but these books are fun...

http://storytoys.com/

new-to-mac
Mar 18, 2013, 03:45 AM
yeah no problem.

Depending on how old your children are My 2 year old has been playing the following....

Farm 123:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYDTFFPQlk

Nighty Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugpsept6jIY

Little Fox Music Box:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/little-fox-music-box-kids/id499541243?mt=8

Curious George at the Zoo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnI424xWzq0

try these. Few have in app purchases but makes teh game more fun :)

Check the reviews but these books are fun...

http://storytoys.com/

Thanks. Tried the Curious George for my 2.5 yr old son and he loved it. The ones he also enjoyed a lot are the Lego apps particularly LEGO DUPLO ZOO and LEGO APP4+

The Duplo Zoo is realy good since there is a nice story and he needs to figure out how to solve the puzzle

MonkeySee....
Mar 18, 2013, 04:29 AM
Thanks. Tried the Curious George for my 2.5 yr old son and he loved it. The ones he also enjoyed a lot are the Lego apps particularly LEGO DUPLO ZOO and LEGO APP4+

The Duplo Zoo is realy good since there is a nice story and he needs to figure out how to solve the puzzle

Thats a great suggestion! I'll give it a try.

Its my boys birthday in a few weeks and we've just bought him the Disney Cars 2 "AppMATes"

Hope they're good! :D

YS2003
Mar 23, 2013, 04:43 AM
Goodreader

Notability

Xtreme cloud explorer - great app for accessing clouds and WebDav servers

Pages

Numbers
Except for Xtreme cloud explore, I also find the rest of those programs a must.

tekboi
Mar 23, 2013, 06:26 PM
1Password, Flipboard, Instapaper, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Minecraft, NBA 2K13, Letterpress and Monopoly.

I agreee with everything except 1password... just never really seen the need for it.

MonkeySee....
Mar 25, 2013, 05:57 AM
Shadowgun

Mass Effect:Infiltrator

Deadspace

Dead Trigger

Madfinger games really have their **** together in teh mobile gaming arena.

Beautiful looking games :)

Knockworstface
Mar 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
Madfinger games really have their **** together in teh mobile gaming arena.

Beautiful looking games :)

Very well polished with smooth gameplay. :D

HazyCloud
Mar 26, 2013, 02:05 PM
I agreee with everything except 1password... just never really seen the need for it.

I use it for Internet security and storing my software keys. Now that I use 1Password, any site I use can get compromised and I don't even worry. Since all of my passwords are different, it doesn't even affect my online security.

tekboi
Mar 26, 2013, 10:28 PM
I use it for Internet security and storing my software keys. Now that I use 1Password, any site I use can get compromised and I don't even worry. Since all of my passwords are different, it doesn't even affect my online security.

Fortunately for me... all of my passwords are variations of the same thing. But you can store software keys?? Now that sounds interesting. Would also be nice to auto populate some of these forms I fill out quite often.

Peter78
Mar 27, 2013, 12:02 PM
Pocket
YouTube
Chrome

saberahul
Mar 29, 2013, 08:36 PM
I personally wouldn't trust them with my info. They mention on their site that they store your info for you when 1Password stores it locally. Hell, I had to do a ton of research before I even trusted 1Password with my data. That's why I mentioned I wouldn't trust just any company. You have no idea if your info is being stored somewhere.

When it comes to passwords I think everyone needs to see where their data is going to be stored. 1Password does the job of storing locally well but it is very well overpriced. OneSafe does the same thing without free web browsing (you can click on the link in password to login but cannot go to any site). mPass does the same thing of storing locally. As long as the passwords are stored in your device, it all comes down to the little things such as double protection security (very well implemented in OneSafe) and UI (mPass copied from 1Password).
1Password has the edge with the desktop apps but I cannot possibly put down $50 on the mac app along with $18 on the iOS apps. Hopefully, Apple will bring keychain integration to iOS and reduce the headache.