PDA

View Full Version : [iPad Mini] $1.99 eBay back case info thread

Cptnodegard
Jan 28, 2013, 07:40 PM
Ever since I posted about this case the first time it's been spreading around different threads, so I thought I would dedicate a thread to it.

eBay has a lot of sellers with a lot of cheap cases. Some are good, some are bad. I've ordered a range of them, but the one that's been by far the best is this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140897374643?var=440093687936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Features:

Smart Cover compatible
Locking system to keep the Smart Cover to the iPad (i.e. overrides magnetic detaching)
Rubberized texture back
Cutouts for all ports and buttons
Side-gripping design: Some cases attach at the corners, this one attaches on the sides. This makes it easier to take the case off, however doesn't protect the corners as well (though they're still protected quite a bit)
Translucent and solid color versions

All of that for $2, free shipping.

Several people have ordered these after I posted about it, and they're starting to arrive, so hopefully we can start getting some images of various colors.

Below are some images of mine.

Note: I have modified mine with magnets embedded in the back in order for the back case to "grab" the Smart Cover when folded around back, and the images show this modified version.

Look for 5x1mm magnets on eBay if you want to do this mod yourself

http://www.pocketables.com/images/2013/01/IMG_9327-608x417.jpg
http://www.pocketables.com/images/2013/01/IMG_9321-608x405.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/510000/IMG_9399.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/510000/IMG_9397.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/510000/IMG_9398.jpg

HazyCloud
Jan 28, 2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks for this. I'd post pics of mine when it shows up, but I got black. :)

TyPod
Jan 28, 2013, 08:23 PM
Looks great! It's deals like these that really make me debate getting a back cover for mine...

Hls811
Jan 30, 2013, 05:33 PM
The first 3 pictures compare the gray and the clear white - the last 2 I threw in the black (which has no transparency). I prefer the gray/smoke the best as I like being able to see the logo through the back and I think its a really good match with the gray smart cover.

Hls811
Jan 30, 2013, 05:36 PM
Heres 2 more.. the pics aren't great but you can really see the color difference in these, Gray to white and gray to black..

pat park
Feb 1, 2013, 09:01 AM
I ordered the black and the white transparent cases last night. Thanks for the thorough review. It seems like such a great value.

Cptnodegard
Feb 4, 2013, 08:55 AM
Frosted and red cases arrived today, together with a handful of black ones.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/510000/IMG_9538.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/510000/IMG_9536.jpg

Note: I do not have a red Smart Cover, so I cannot comment on the color

One of the frosted cases was bent a bit around the volume button cutout, likely from shipping. I advise anyone buying these to buy a few- even if they're identical- to avoid having a single bent case arrive. You can buy a lifetime supply of these for the cost of a CoverBuddy, which IMO is an inferior case in a one-on-one comparison, so buying 2-3 of this to make sure shipping doesn't screw it up is still a good deal.

HazyCloud
Feb 5, 2013, 01:58 AM
Clear, Black and Gray are currently out of stock. I think they may have been MacRumored. :)

Hls811
Feb 5, 2013, 10:41 AM
Clear, Black and Gray are currently out of stock. I think they may have been MacRumored. :)

If anyone really needs black or clear (white) they can have mine.. I'm not using them..I'm really liking the gray.

HazyCloud
Feb 5, 2013, 12:54 PM
If anyone really needs black or clear (white) they can have mine.. I'm not using them..I'm really liking the gray.

Yeah, after reading your thoughts on the gray, that's what I was trying to order.

Ajaney
Feb 5, 2013, 12:55 PM
I have looked at this on eBay.com. It says on type shipping section that the company does not ship to the uk. How did any of you who have purchased get the item delivered?
Thanks in anticipation

HazyCloud
Feb 5, 2013, 12:59 PM
I have looked at this on eBay.com. It says on type shipping section that the company does not ship to the uk. How did any of you who have purchased get the item delivered?
Thanks in anticipation

EDIT* Ahh, never mind. UK is listed under the exclusions.

Ajaney
Feb 5, 2013, 01:02 PM

Hi
Are you pleased with this back cover. I would like a clear cover, only prob is that this item is not sold in the uk. Would you be prepared to send it over to me or if not send it to a friend of mine in the us. I would be most grateful as I am not using my ipad much as I don't want to lug in around and get the back damaged

Cptnodegard
Feb 5, 2013, 01:12 PM
Hi
Are you pleased with this back cover. I would like a clear cover, only prob is that this item is not sold in the uk. Would you be prepared to send it over to me or if not send it to a friend of mine in the us. I would be most grateful as I am not using my ipad much as I don't want to lug in around and get the back damaged

The eBay seller ships worldwide for free...

Hls811
Feb 5, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hi

Shoot me a PM. If you have someone in the US I could send it to I'd be glad to drop it in the mail just let me know the address. If you want me to send it to the UK I would if you cover they shipping costs.

Binarymix
Feb 6, 2013, 07:50 PM
I should have ordered the grey. I thought the black was transparent also. Guess I'll have to wait till they get back in stock, and order another.

TJ5921
Feb 6, 2013, 08:55 PM
Cover buddy is better than this no?

HazyCloud
Feb 6, 2013, 10:24 PM

That depends on what you're looking for. With this one, the cutouts have been reported being better and the Smart Cover is locked on. And you can't miss that it's only 1.99 shipped and available in more colors than the CoverBuddy.

I've used the CoverBuddy and it's a great cover, but SwitchEasy definitely has some competition with this one getting such great reviews for the price.

If this one didn't lock on the SC, it would be my perfect case. I've got one on order but I haven't received it yet. I bought it since it was so cheap so I could check it out.

Cptnodegard
Feb 7, 2013, 02:52 AM

I have a CoverBuddy and absolutely hate it. I ordered "ultrablack", what I got was translucent gray. They didn't ship the wrong thing, that's simply what their idea of "ultrablack" is. Several of the cutouts were misaligned, there was some noticeable play around where it snaps on (e.g. wasn't a perfect fit), the speaker grill muffles the sound a bit, and it doesn't have a rubberized back like I thought it would. Finally, I hate the pass-through buttons on that thing; look like cheap plastic you're supposed to break off from a model kit, and serve no real purpose IMHO (you really need to aim well to land an iPad on buttons recessed inside a plastic case cutout)

Cptnodegard
Feb 7, 2013, 04:44 AM
If this one didn't lock on the SC, it would be my perfect case. I've got one on order but I haven't received it yet. I bought it since it was so cheap so I could check it out.

I tested out removing the "lock" with one of my spare cases. Took me two minutes, case still clips on perfectly, and the Smart Cover is no longer locked :)

TJ5921
Feb 7, 2013, 09:26 AM
That depends on what you're looking for. With this one, the cutouts have been reported being better and the Smart Cover is locked on. And you can't miss that it's only 1.99 shipped and available in more colors than the CoverBuddy.

I've used the CoverBuddy and it's a great cover, but SwitchEasy definitely has some competition with this one getting such great reviews for the price.

The grey coverbuddy I have is a perfect fit and all of the cutouts are aligned. The only difference I see is the price and colors. Any reason to switch from a coverbuddy to one of these?

leinadhok
Feb 7, 2013, 11:21 AM
The grey coverbuddy I have is a perfect fit and all of the cutouts are aligned. The only difference I see is the price and colors. Any reason to switch from a coverbuddy to one of these?

Yup, the CoverBuddy is great (been using for close to 2 weeks). Switch if you prefer your Smart Cover to be locked on :)

Currently still waiting for my purchase to arrive :(

HazyCloud
Feb 7, 2013, 12:35 PM

No, not since you already have a CoverBuddy. That is unless you want your Smart Cover locked on like the above poster said.

I tested out removing the "lock" with one of my spare cases. Took me two minutes, case still clips on perfectly, and the Smart Cover is no longer locked :)

How did you remove it? I'd be afraid of making it look like crap. Of course for only 1.99 I could try it on a few of them until I got it right.

Cptnodegard
Feb 7, 2013, 12:55 PM
How did you remove it? I'd be afraid of making it look like crap. Of course for only 1.99 I could try it on a few of them until I got it right.

Chopped it off with a Dremel cutting disc :)

HazyCloud
Feb 7, 2013, 01:51 PM
Chopped it off with a Dremel cutting disc :)

Yep, that's what I figured. Did it turn out well?

Cptnodegard
Feb 7, 2013, 01:56 PM
Yep, that's what I figured. Did it turn out well?

Yeah, the material is very easy to cut

Blk98Cobra
Feb 8, 2013, 09:35 PM
Still waiting for the cases I ordered. How long did it take for you guys to get yours?

thelookingglass
Feb 8, 2013, 10:06 PM
I've bitten the bullet a couple of times and purchased from these eBay suppliers that ship from Asia and sell for dirt cheap. Predictable results. Shoddy quality, horrendously long shipping times. I'd rather just spend extra and go with a known brand. At least there's usually good quality control and good customer service.

HazyCloud
Feb 9, 2013, 04:15 PM
I've bitten the bullet a couple of times and purchased from these eBay suppliers that ship from Asia and sell for dirt cheap. Predictable results. Shoddy quality, horrendously long shipping times. I'd rather just spend extra and go with a known brand. At least there's usually good quality control and good customer service.

I'm guessing you didn't even read the first post and just posted this by reading the title. The one mentioned in this thread has been getting stellar reviews and the quality is better than some of the US case sellers.

pat park
Feb 9, 2013, 10:55 PM

This case is very good and your are wrong about this case. Thank you.

pat park
Feb 9, 2013, 11:45 PM
just received mine today and noticed it's different than the op's. I ordered from the same eBay link.

Mine has no lip that covers the smart cover magnets to hold it in place. The smart cover can be taken on and off.

I like the case better this way actually. Nice surprise. Cannot beat it for the money!! Overall nice fit and the feel is nice. For $1.99 delivered, it really is a bargain.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/826/img0775qv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/img0775qv.jpg/)
http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/835/img0773r.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/img0773r.jpg/)
http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/838/img0765y.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/img0765y.jpg/)
http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/842/img0763tv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/img0763tv.jpg/)

HazyCloud
Feb 10, 2013, 03:27 AM
Whoa, that's great news. I hope mine is the same way. Thanks for the info.

EDIT* Received mine today, but it's like the OP's. The Smart Cover is held on. I'd assume that the first orders got the SC held on until they ran out of supply. I'll order the gray one once it's back in stock to see if I can get one without the Smart Cover holders.

just received mine today and noticed it's different than the op's. I ordered from the same eBay link.

You did order it from the same link? I'm only trying to confirm before I contact the seller about getting one without the Smart Cover latches.

Binarymix
Feb 11, 2013, 07:06 PM
I want the SC holders. Hope mine doesn't come like the above.

I would also like the trans. grey when back in stock, but wont order another if it comes that way.

Blk98Cobra
Feb 11, 2013, 07:10 PM

I would also like the trans. grey when back in stock, but wont order another if it comes that way.

Likewise. I ordered mine on the 28th of January and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes I'm this week lol

pat park
Feb 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
Whoa, that's great news. I hope mine is the same way. Thanks for the info.

EDIT* Received mine today, but it's like the OP's. The Smart Cover is held on. I'd assume that the first orders got the SC held on until they ran out of supply. I'll order the gray one once it's back in stock to see if I can get one without the Smart Cover holders.

You did order it from the same link? I'm only trying to confirm before I contact the seller about getting one without the Smart Cover latches.

yup, same link as the OP. They still show the other style of case on the eBay auction.

----------

Likewise. I ordered mine on the 28th of January and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes I'm this week lol

I ordered my case on Jan 31. I opted for the fast delivery. Was an extra $2.09. I got it on Feb 9.

I also ordered a clear case from the same seller, same day, but went with the free standard shipping. That's due to arrive around Feb 20.

HazyCloud
Feb 12, 2013, 02:48 PM

What colors did you order? I got the black one and would be willing to trade if either of you get the one without the Smart Cover holders as mine has them and I prefer mine to not have them.

Blk98Cobra
Feb 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
What colors did you order? I got the black one and would be willing to trade if either of you get the one without the Smart Cover holders as mine has them and I prefer mine to not have them.

I got the black, grey, and clear. Ya I'll let ya know as soon as they come in.:D

HazyCloud
Feb 12, 2013, 03:05 PM
I got the black, grey, and clear. Ya I'll let ya know as soon as they come in.:D

Awesome. I'll even buy the gray from you if you don't want to trade or just don't want it. Gray is the color I actually want.

leinadhok
Feb 13, 2013, 07:13 AM
Arrived it has...

Binarymix
Feb 18, 2013, 08:01 AM
Still waiting on mine. Ordered Jan. 24th :(

jamesjingyi
Feb 18, 2013, 08:05 AM
Off topic slightly but I ordered an iPad Mini smart cover off eBay and it locks the iPad when I put the cover all the way round the back... Is that normal? haha

Binarymix
Feb 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
Off topic slightly but I ordered an iPad Mini smart cover off eBay and it locks the iPad when I put the cover all the way round the back... Is that normal? haha

On a naked iPad? Yes, the smart cover will stick to the back.

*edit* Oh it 'locks' the iPad screen. It shouldn't do that.

Cptnodegard
Feb 18, 2013, 08:14 AM

Not just slightly off topic, completely and utterly off topic :p

But yeah, the magnet is too strong, so not normal for a real Smart Cover

Blk98Cobra
Feb 23, 2013, 04:30 PM
Got mine today and really like them! I thought I had got the smoked one but apparently I didn't order it. I got 2 black matte cases (not clear) and one frost clear one. The 2 black matte cases do NOT have the smart cover holders which I am kind of disappointed with. The frost clear case DOES have the smart cover lock which I really really like! I guess I'll have to wait for a smoked one with the lock holders when they have them back in stock:(

bursthead
Feb 24, 2013, 09:02 PM
I really like the material and texture of this cover.

This has to be the closest back cover I can find that worked like the incipio feather case I had with my ipad 2 & 3. It solves the problem with the smart cover for the ipad mini be so weak in terms in it's attachment to the ipad. I really like it and especially for $2.99 I purchased about 4 of them.

gooberwilson
Feb 26, 2013, 02:14 AM
Interested in picking one of these up but they're out of stock on clear, gray and black. Have they run out before? And how long did it take to restock them?

Binarymix
Feb 26, 2013, 10:08 AM
I still haven't received mine. It's been over a month now. eBay buyers protection might be getting some use on this one, even for $2. Or some bad feedback in the least.

*edit*

Jumped the gun. case came today. It DOES NOT have the SC holders. But that's ok because the Maikai case and SC came today and does have the holders.

pat park
Feb 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
just received my 2nd case today. It's the white frosty finish and it has the tabs for the smart cover (cannot remove smart cover when case is on). My previous dark smoky case did not have the tabs.

The overall quality, fit and finish seem less than my first black/smoky case. For $1.99 it is still a killer deal. I opted for the slow shipping this time and it took about 4 weeks to arrive.

Blk98Cobra
Feb 28, 2013, 01:14 AM
I want a locking smokes case damn it! Lol. I asked the seller when they would be in but no reply yet.

Roy Hobbs
Feb 28, 2013, 11:24 AM
The red one I ordered shipped on Febraury 1st and I have yet to receive it

bagelmaker
Mar 1, 2013, 01:32 AM
I got my smokey grey back cover today (ordered about a month ago.) It does hold the Smart Cover on, which is good because that's the whole reason I bought it.

Blk98Cobra
Mar 2, 2013, 01:07 AM
I got my smokey grey back cover today (ordered about a month ago.) It does hold the Smart Cover on, which is good because that's the whole reason I bought it.

Jealous! I'm still waiting for the seller to get some more in.

Cptnodegard
Mar 5, 2013, 05:55 PM
I did the magnet mod to another such case, and filmed the process. The video tutorial is available here: http://www.pocketables.com/2013/03/tutorial-how-to-add-magnets-to-an-ipad-back-cover-case-video.html for anyone wanting to add magnets to the case

Blk98Cobra
Mar 5, 2013, 08:18 PM
I did the magnet mod to another such case, and filmed the process. The video tutorial is available here: http://www.pocketables.com/2013/03/tutorial-how-to-add-magnets-to-an-ipad-back-cover-case-video.html for anyone wanting to add magnets to the case

Thanks for the video man!

On another note, anyone have a smoked cover with the locks you'd like to sell. Obviously I would pay more than what you paid lol.

Kisey
Mar 7, 2013, 06:05 PM
Nice mod. I think I would prefer using that 3m "magnetic tape". Much easier and you don't have to alter the case.

scubagal
Mar 7, 2013, 06:13 PM
Just got my case today... ordered it about 2 weeks ago shortly after buying my ipad mini. Ordered the green and it looks like sea glass which is great since I'm' a diver and underwater photography addict!

Great fit, has the cutout for a smart cover... ordered that last week and hope to get it this weekend as I'm taking off next weekend to go dive Roatan. ;)

Blk98Cobra
Mar 8, 2013, 09:36 AM
Nice mod. I think I would prefer using that 3m "magnetic tape". Much easier and you don't have to alter the case.

Where do you get the "magnetic tape" I've searched for it a few times and can't seem to find it.

peapody
Mar 8, 2013, 09:40 AM
Where do you get the "magnetic tape" I've searched for it a few times and can't seem to find it.

Amazon has it.

Kisey
Mar 8, 2013, 01:43 PM

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?lang=en&KeyWords=ab5030

Che Castro
Mar 11, 2013, 11:08 PM
Just got the case after over a month

I'm not sure if I like the Smart Cover being stuck to the case

Is there another seller selling the gray color back ?

vmaniqui
Mar 12, 2013, 01:09 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Gray-TPU-Back-Case-Skin-Work-With-Smart-Cover-Partner-Mate-For-iPad-Mini-/350672013818?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item51a5ae49fa

but i actually have this case in blue. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0YDY9O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blk98Cobra
Mar 12, 2013, 09:52 AM

If you don't want the current one you have, let me know! I've been looking for a gray one with the lock. Lol

Cptnodegard
Mar 13, 2013, 12:12 PM
I just added my second mod to this case, an attachment system that I'm currently using for a stylus holder:

http://www.pocketables.com/images/2013/03/case-accessory-attachment-system-1-608x408.jpg
http://www.pocketables.com/images/2013/03/case-accessory-attachment-system-2-608x387.jpg

Video + more info
http://www.pocketables.com/2013/03/from-the-diy-drawer-accessory-attachment-system-for-cases.html

Amplelink
Mar 13, 2013, 08:43 PM

I ALMOST got this case. I've had iffy experiences on eBay too. Just posted about this, but I ended up getting the Caudabe mini shell on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Shell-Frost-Premium-compatible/dp/B00BS1QMF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363224009&sr=8-2&keywords=caudabe+mini+shell). It's a little bit more expensive, but I find with name brands you get what you pay for. And it came in like two days to boot since I have a Prime membership (gotta love that).

The Incipio Smart Feather looks pretty nice, but they don't seem to have a Frost version and it's way, way, way too expensive. You could get like 15 of these ebay ones for the price of one Incipio.

Roy Hobbs
Mar 22, 2013, 08:29 AM
After almost 6 weeks I finally got my $1.99 case from eBay.
Not bad for the price, but I think I'll stick with my CoverBuddy and give this one away.

Outrager
Apr 2, 2013, 06:25 PM
I ordered a Blue one since the Grey/Black/Clear seem to have been out of stock for a few months.

It shipped 7 days ago and according to the tracking it arrived at a USPS sort facility 15 miles away. I'm hoping it gets delivered tomorrow or the next day.

I asked the seller when he would start selling the out of stock colors again, but he doesn't know.

Infinitewisdom
Apr 5, 2013, 12:22 AM
I ALMOST got this case. I've had iffy experiences on eBay too. Just posted about this, but I ended up getting the Caudabe mini shell on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Shell-Frost-Premium-compatible/dp/B00BS1QMF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363224009&sr=8-2&keywords=caudabe+mini+shell). It's a little bit more expensive, but I find with name brands you get what you pay for. And it came in like two days to boot since I have a Prime membership (gotta love that).

The Incipio Smart Feather looks pretty nice, but they don't seem to have a Frost version and it's way, way, way too expensive. You could get like 15 of these ebay ones for the price of one Incipio.

I just got the Caudabe Mini Shell too. It's 10.95 on Amazon. Not 1.99, but 10.95 isn't exactly a bank breaker. And I didn't have to wait two weeks. Quality is very similar to the pics in this thread. Nice matte texture.

bagelmaker
Apr 6, 2013, 09:33 PM
I'm really frustrated with sthis ebay eller. The first case I ordered was great, but I got sharpie on it. So, I ordered a new one, waited a month to get it and when I finally get it it doesn't have the tabs that hold the Smart Cover down (the first one did.) Same item number, makes no sense.

Che Castro
Apr 7, 2013, 12:43 AM
I'm really frustrated with sthis ebay eller. The first case I ordered was great, but I got sharpie on it. So, I ordered a new one, waited a month to get it and when I finally get it it doesn't have the tabs that hold the Smart Cover down (the first one did.) Same item number, makes no sense.

Only the first orders got the case with the tab holder

Now there all with no tab holder

Outrager
May 17, 2013, 06:02 AM
All the colors are now back in stock but no more free shipping. They're now charging $2.09 for shipping. Makes it less of a deal when ordering only 1 but still a decent deal I think.

vmaniqui
May 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
All the colors are now back in stock but no more free shipping. They're now charging $2.09 for shipping. Makes it less of a deal when ordering only 1 but still a decent deal I think.

So almost $5. With that amount you can get one at amazon and you don't have to wait for weeks to get your case.

Cptnodegard
May 17, 2013, 11:56 AM
Shipping here to Norway is still free. Ordered 5 mora black ones, thanks for the tip.

Outrager
May 17, 2013, 12:31 PM
So almost $5. With that amount you can get one at amazon and you don't have to wait for weeks to get your case.

It might be worth it if you're buying more than 1 if they only charge you the $2 shipping for the whole order. I only had to wait 7 days for mine to arrive when it was still free shipping, but others did wait longer.

vmaniqui
May 17, 2013, 01:34 PM
It might be worth it if you're buying more than 1 if they only charge you the $2 shipping for the whole order. I only had to wait 7 days for mine to arrive when it was still free shipping, but others did wait longer.

I think it is a deal assuming they only charge $2 for shipping if you bought more than 1. I bought one off eBay for exactly the same case but paid $5. And I think it's an awesome deal what more with this $1.99 case.

Binarymix
May 26, 2013, 10:45 AM
I bought 3 black and 3 grey, still free shipping to Canada. But I know it'll be a month, it was last time.

Binarymix
Jun 18, 2013, 04:46 PM
I bought 3 black and 3 grey, still free shipping to Canada. But I know it'll be a month, it was last time.

Received my cases today, and they all have the smartcover holders :)

I really like the transparent grey!

InnovationTech
Jun 19, 2013, 02:39 AM
i want this

Cptnodegard
Jun 19, 2013, 05:59 AM
I ordered 5 black cases when they came back in stock. 4 had the cover holders, one didnt.

sk8mash
Jul 1, 2013, 04:55 PM
I don't suppose anyone knows of an iPhone 5 case similar to this? I ordered the grey one for my mini and its fantastic!

skiltrip
Jul 11, 2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Gray-TPU-Back-Case-Skin-Work-With-Smart-Cover-Partner-Mate-For-iPad-Mini-/350672013818?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item51a5ae49fa

but i actually have this case in blue. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0YDY9O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered one of these clear grey ones from eBay. $3 and change after using a little eBay bucks coupon. I'm hoping there is no tabs to keep the smart cover on. I often remove the Smart Cover when I'm using the device in hand. I use the Smart Cover for glass protection and for its stand function. I think it just gets in the way when actually using the iPad.

Eddyquan
Jul 15, 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm highly contemplating going down this route and grabbing a couple $2 cases for my white iPad mini, as (long story short), my $40 XtremeMac case has fallen to pieces with normal use.

I'm thinking of going black/grey. Any colours you guys recommend? Lastly, will any smart cover like this work?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnetic-PU-Leather-Smart-Cover-Protector-Case-Sleep-Wake-Stand-For-iPad-Mini-/140977899166?pt=AU_TabletAccessories&hash=item20d2f0069e&_uhb=1

Cheers!

vmaniqui
Jul 16, 2013, 04:41 AM
I'm highly contemplating going down this route and grabbing a couple $2 cases for my white iPad mini, as (long story short), my $40 XtremeMac case has fallen to pieces with normal use.

I'm thinking of going black/grey. Any colours you guys recommend? Lastly, will any smart cover like this work?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Magnetic-PU-Leather-Smart-Cover-Protector-Case-Sleep-Wake-Stand-For-iPad-Mini-/140977899166?pt=AU_TabletAccessories&hash=item20d2f0069e&_uhb=1

Cheers!

check this out. i have 3 of these and love them. i used to have an apple smart cover and an ebay TPU back case but decided to get this since this is one piece. http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Lightweight-Standing-Feature-Tablet/dp/B0081VHVG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373967578&sr=8-2&keywords=fintie+ultra+slim+ipad+mini

Eddyquan
Jul 16, 2013, 06:23 AM
check this out. i have 3 of these and love them. i used to have an apple smart cover and an ebay TPU back case but decided to get this since this is one piece. http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Lightweight-Standing-Feature-Tablet/dp/B0081VHVG6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373967578&sr=8-2&keywords=fintie+ultra+slim+ipad+mini

Unfortunately it seems like I can't get it shipped to Australia though! Looks nice though!

pat park
Jul 26, 2013, 01:35 AM
I'd like to report that after several months with this case, it is still going strong. No issues at all and it still feels great to hold. Best $1.99 I ever spent.

My case has no tab holders for the Smart Cover, so I can take it on/off easily.
I actually prefer having the case on as the ipad mini still feels too thin for me. Thee case gives it the perfect thickness and grip.

Cptnodegard
Nov 23, 2013, 05:39 PM
Bump to also let people know this works on the iPad mini 2

pat park
Nov 24, 2013, 12:38 PM
Would love to see this for the iPad Air.

DarkAether
Nov 24, 2013, 06:35 PM
Bump to also let people know this works on the iPad mini 2

It might snap on ok, but it doesn't have a hole for the second microphone.

Cptnodegard
Nov 25, 2013, 12:52 PM
It might snap on ok, but it doesn't have a hole for the second microphone.

Takes 15 seconds to fix :p

garethtennis
Nov 25, 2013, 11:57 PM
hello

have you got another link for me on ebay cause i don't success to find it for ipad air?

sorry for my english i am french

pat park
Nov 26, 2013, 08:14 AM
hello

have you got another link for me on ebay cause i don't success to find it for ipad air?

sorry for my english i am french

This case is for the mini. We're not seeing any option for the Air yet.

rechna
Dec 12, 2013, 02:28 AM
good case you offered .thanks OP

Che Castro
Dec 12, 2013, 08:52 AM
This works with the new retina mini ?