PDA

View Full Version : DVD Studio Pro 1.5.2 released

medea
Dec 6, 2002, 02:21 PM
The update addresses issues with setting dual layer break points on DVD-9 projects and flagging of Dolby Digital 5.1 streams. DVD Studio Pro sells for US$999; the update is a free download. http://www.apple.com/dvdstudiopro/update/
Apple has also released Final Cut Pro 3.0.4

DannyZR2
Dec 9, 2002, 04:02 AM
The update says something about support for DVD-9....

Surely this doesn't mean we can write to DVD-9 discs now does it??? Can someone explain what the support entails for DVD-9 (dual layered) discs?

Quisero
Dec 10, 2002, 08:05 PM
Well, you can author a DVD in DVD Studio Pro and then send off the files to a DVD fabrication facility to have it made on a dual-layered disc. But current DVD burners really can't make dual-layered discs. The layers in a dual-layer disc are actually injection molded as separate pieces and then 'glued' together. My guess would be that the update just fixes a bug in the authoring of dual-layered DVD's that are sent off to be made.

LethalWolfe
Dec 10, 2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Quisero
Well, you can author a DVD in DVD Studio Pro and then send off the files to a DVD fabrication facility to have it made on a dual-layered disc. But current DVD burners really can't make dual-layered discs. The layers in a dual-layer disc are actually injection molded as separate pieces and then 'glued' together. My guess would be that the update just fixes a bug in the authoring of dual-layered DVD's that are sent off to be made.

that would be my guess as well since DVDSP does have a few show stopping bugs in it.

Lethal