PDA

View Full Version : Flashy Intel designs *hahaha*

crassusad44
Jan 20, 2002, 06:18 AM
As I surfed my regular Mac sites last night, I came over this interesting link from MacAddict. It's a link to an Intel homepage which displays futuristic PC designs. When I looked at the page, I almost laughed myself to death. Intel... design... *hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha* I just had to share it with you guys... *hehe* :D This is really funny....... They don't have a clue.... :D

http://developer.intel.com/technology/easeofuse/conceptpc.htm

irmongoose
Jan 20, 2002, 08:29 AM
Haha... I've seen that before, I know.... its funny.

If that's what the future holds, we got the computer Dark Ages coming up for PC users.....

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA!

Hrm. Sorry.

irmongoose

pc_convert?
Jan 20, 2002, 08:42 AM
Does the eXo design remind anyone of a recently released games console? (if it was horizontal)

hmmm....;)

crassusad44
Jan 20, 2002, 10:11 AM
Where is eyelikeart and Falleron???

Back to topic. Looking at these «designs», I came to think of one of the comments Steve Jobs made when he introduced the new iMac.

«Let each element be true to itself»

The base is horizontal, because it's a better solution for the motherboard, optical drive, i/o ports etc., while the screen is still flat. Looking at the Intel page, you'll see that these PCs are not only badly designs (they look like ****), they are also bad design solutions for the costumer. While the new iMac...

'nuff said

MattB
Jan 20, 2002, 10:35 AM
Didn't Jobs say during his keynote that turning the drives on their side slows their speed?!?!! Then why do most of these concepts have vertical slot-loading drives?

Everyone look! PCs trying to be cool like Apple!!! HAHAHAHAHA

DarkNovaMatter
Jan 20, 2002, 10:55 AM
Sad! Very sad! Yeah one of them (name posted above) looks like an X-box (laughs in background). most of them just seem like rip-offs of A-the old iMac, B- a tower ( aka the groom lake), C- The new iMac, or just simple tablet designs. Is this really it?, How is this really different from Apple? Sad PC peeps claim to be better but keep riping off apple designs, Oh Apple legal department.........

Six
Jan 20, 2002, 11:48 AM
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whew... *wipes a tear from his eye*

*falls back on the floor*

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oldMac
Jan 20, 2002, 11:58 AM
Is this a joke?

Are you sure this thing wasn't made by Commodore?

Onyxx
Jan 20, 2002, 02:34 PM
well sports fans, once again we have the yearly game of catch up in the PC arena. Apple sets new design standards and it is up to PC manufactures to come up with designs that emulate the leader in as little time as possible!!

contestant 1) the Enchant- can anyone say imac dipped in gray paint?

contestant 2) the eXo- hmmm. i hava friend that has one of those, only its not upright, and its called, wait a sec.... thats an X-box!

contestant 3) Flex- besides being made by a company called INSYNC designs, it seems that some one has decided to make the a computer that looks like something that should be floating around in space on Star Trek.

contestant 4) Fun-Kshun- hey look Ma, its a purse! either that or a portable PA system, but where's the microphone?

contestant 5) Gonzita- other than sounding like an odd new STD (goneria+acne = gonzita) it looks like everyother "future" pc housing out there plus some translucent plastic. hmmm, wonder where they got that one from.

contestant 6) G.R.A.N.N.Y.- some one call apple's lawers, we have another 20th anniversay clone on our hands! well at least they gave it an appropriate name. this design is way past its prime.

contestant 7) groom lake- i have a rack mount computer in my house, don't you?

contestant 8) Ikebana- the only problem with this design is that you would need a warning label on it to caution users to be carefull around it. can you imagine what would happen if some one fell on that? oh boy! it also makes me wonder, what part of this thing actually works?

contestant 9) magic bean- hey gumby fans...

contestant 10) ottoman- once again, great name. the perfect computer for checking you email and resting your feet on after a long day at work.

contestant 11) Titan- modular for your convienece but considering that windows has trouble recognizing its self, i doubt that this idea would be truly plug and play.

contestant 12) unimod- passive cooling? for what a pentium pro?

contestant 13) Badis Badis- fins funtion as what? fan exhust channelers? i can see the ads now, "buy the Badis Badis and you will be getting more than a super fast computer, but a fully funtional space heater as well! Call now!"

contestant 14) bonzai- this little baby is sold not by processor or other components, but rather by height. the one pictured is the specialed 6 foot 6 and above model. does the plant thingy come standard or optional.

contestant 15) Castia- it's Gort's head from the classic movie "the day the earth stood still". Maybe they should redirect it toward classic movie buffs instead of kids...nah.

contestant 16) concept PC 2001- just proof of what happens when you put Intell and HP at the same table and ask them to design a PC. how big is this things foot print? Stereo sound, who needs that! we have "cool" looking indents on the right side that showcases a new technology, single sided dual mono! so why bother with stereo?

so as you can see, the race is on to see who can make the biggest @ss out of their company first. With the Intel/HP team in the lead by a hair it will be stiff competion.

me hate windows
Jan 20, 2002, 02:48 PM
there are four main ones that i think would be pounced upon immediately by Apple's legal departement if these ever came inot production.

1. Flex: looks too much like new iMac
2. Enchant: looks almost identical to old iMac.
3. Polaris: almost identical to TAM(20th anniversary Macintosh)
4. Vesta: old iMac

Also I might add that these designs suck crap.:D :D :D :D :D :D :

crassusad44
Jan 20, 2002, 03:08 PM
You're killing me Onyxx

*still laughing...* :D:D:D:D:D

This must be embarresing for Intel. It's like saying «Hey folks, look how bad our taste is! Do you trust us now?»

And by the way:
«Intel inside - the most used warninglabel in the world»

Matthé
Jan 20, 2002, 03:13 PM
I thought of buying one of these waterboilers but they appeared to be pc's

Xapplimatic
Jan 20, 2002, 04:01 PM
HAHAHHAHAAA... this is so funny.. I have only two words for this:

PC Junior!!!

:p

ShaolinMiddleFinger
Jan 20, 2002, 04:10 PM
Where the hell did they get those ideas from? A fifty's movie or something? I know pc's suck and all but why make that statement more clear by making one look like a vacuum.

Xapplimatic
Jan 20, 2002, 04:11 PM
OMG-- the Bonzai thing is even worse.. comes complete with a dead plant.. Is that alluding to how barren Intel engineers are when it comes to great ideas? It looks like one of the moving statue things from Beetlejuice...

I think it's a good time to invest all our spare money in AAPL stock..
Intel is going down..
:D

Xapplimatic
Jan 20, 2002, 04:18 PM
HAHAHHAHAAA... this is so funny.. I have only two words for this:

PC Junior!!!

:p

krossfyter
Jan 20, 2002, 04:30 PM
HAHAHAHA! This is a trip.

I think Fisher Price is making friends with intel/hp. Thats my guess.

mac15
Jan 20, 2002, 05:59 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Durandal7
Jan 20, 2002, 06:16 PM
Bonsai: And we joked about the iMac looking like a lamp.
As for the rest of them, I am sure that pro users will love the flimsy plastic sails that serve no purpose.

spuncan
Jan 20, 2002, 06:20 PM
Now I tried to look at these designs with the posability that they could be some what decent. (HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa) So the one that caught my eye was the polaris cuz I could sware that I had seen it before. Then I checked Gateway here's my findings.
gateway.speedera.net/www.gateway.com/images/systems/profile3cx_pd.jpg Vs. the Polaris picture see for ur self developer.intel.com/technology/easeofuse/conceptpc.htm

ebound
Jan 20, 2002, 06:23 PM
There's more stupid in that webpage than there is in the entire script of Freddy Got Fingered.

crassusad44
Jan 20, 2002, 06:27 PM
What really disturbs me *hehe* is that Intel *hahaha* actually thinks *hehehe* these designs are *hahahahahaha* great....

(sorry, can't stop laughing... :D )

spuncan
Jan 20, 2002, 06:27 PM
Now I tried to look at these designs with the posability that they could be some what decent. (HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa) So the one that caught my eye was the polaris cuz I could sware that I had seen it before. Then I checked Gateway here's my findings.
www.gateway.com/home/prod/hm_profile3cx_ProdDetail.shtml Vs. the Polaris see for ur self developer.intel.com/technology/easeofuse/conceptpc.htm
now check the "Profiles" specs. 1.3ghz P3 for $1699. No wonder Wintel all ones fail they overprice the a whole lot and stick junk in them. I'd like to see a benchmark to the 800mhz iMac. And another thing is that thats the only all in one Wintel on the market and thats the best one. (HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa)

crassusad44
Jan 20, 2002, 06:42 PM
Flat Gateway PIII for 1699? Well, for 100 more bucks, you get a G4, Superdrive, bigger HD, more expandeble RAM, a much better design. Anyone who sees this and then the iMac will imideatly understand just how great value the new iMac is. Thanks for the link spuncan ;)

On another note. Have anyone seen the Ottoman??? Critics dissed the original iBook for looking like a toilet seat. Well, the Ottoman looks LIKE AN ACTUAL TOILET!!!! :D

Now, THAT'S a design to make you spew... :p

krossfyter
Jan 20, 2002, 07:17 PM
ahhhahahaha

wait...haha

okay. what in the world are they thinking? i cant believe this crap. since when did thier designers start taking some flinstone chewables? hahaha!

krossfyter
Jan 20, 2002, 07:33 PM
okay im really trying to be objective here but im having a hard time with the new designs...

ummm shouldnt we base our stuff on actual objects...not pictures that were drawn on a computer...? are these actually going to come out...or some of them? i mean they are concept puters but that doesnt mean they will be done right? clear this up for me if you can.

haha...meanwhile ill just sit back and laugh like hell.

Onyxx
Jan 20, 2002, 07:44 PM
see thats the truely sad thing about the whole situation. Not only were these designs considered good, but they actually made it to protoype stage. If you look closely (not easy considering the the "download pictures" function of the site doesn't work. typical intell; only half of it works:p ) you can see that these many of these machines were actually built, weather they actually funtion remains to be seen. I mean come on, passively cooling a pentium? a pentium what, mobile P III? Ha i really don't think so. can't you see it, "new silent pc uses revolutionary passive cooling to eliminate the need for a fan! powered by a mobile P III with speed step technology..." ha ha ha. what a riot.

krossfyter
Jan 20, 2002, 08:00 PM
"passively cooling a pentium"

how the hell does it do that?

newmanium
Jan 20, 2002, 08:12 PM
psh, i dont know about you people but the Magic Bean is alllll mine ;)

BurntCalc
Jan 20, 2002, 08:32 PM
Hell, I always wanted a wing-thingy computer with purple. Where's the polka dots?

And that orange thingy one? Oh, what about the weird, screwed up one? Yah! I want that.

Oh, and the Concept one!!!! That rules!!! It's just like my old APPLE ][ with floppy drives!!!

One step forward... One giant leap behind!

mymemory
Jan 21, 2002, 12:00 AM
I every company there is a 65 years old man or some woman that said, Oh when I was young (50 years ago) I was in to desing too.... and they started to show their creativity just when you do not care at all. You I have been designing in serious for 10 years, there is always some one from the client whose feels creative and do things like that web page.

Those design where made by some one (not neceseraly the youngest) of that company because "he felt creative".

jail
Jan 21, 2002, 12:04 AM
i hope the local store sell's these!!
i can't wait to lye on the footpath laughing my head off!

when the new iMac fisrt came out, i was sceptical, but now! it's the best looking thing out!

NO critic can down talk the iMac now!

i've been laoghing for 20 minutes!

jail
Jan 21, 2002, 12:13 AM
ease of use??
concept pc?
technology?????

this doesn't even deserve to be called a wintel machine!

madamimadam
Jan 21, 2002, 12:15 AM
JESUS... I just about died, when I saw the Ikebana and passed out with laughter after reading the stuff from Onyxx.

evildead
Jan 21, 2002, 01:21 PM
The guys that Make the Apple fakes and get everyone here into a frenzy do a better job than that. You would think that Intel could come up with some better desiners than that.

What a joke

mischief
Jan 21, 2002, 01:35 PM
Punchline1: Those designs caused me to projectile vomit my screen in.

Punchline2: I think I can sue for copyrite........something like that once exited my colon.

Punchline3: We may actually see those built!!!