PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Ibook G4's?

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 04:48 PM
Hi i'm new the Mac world and i'm lookin to get a Ibook G4 but there so expensive!?!?! At first i was gonna get a Dell Inspiron 6000 but i was reading peoples opinions on Dell's and they said they suck. Everyone says Apple's are the best so i'm lookin into getting an apple. I'm lookin for one under $900, i'm lookin at ebay and there expensive too! Is it even possible to get one under 900 bucks? and i'm not talkin 899.99 or 849.99 i'm talkin lower!!! LOWER LOWER LOWER!!! :confused: Somebody help me out!

lopresmb
Oct 7, 2005, 05:00 PM
check out the refurbished site on the apple store (the red tag deals section). If that's not low enough, you're going to have to go with some sort of used machine.

mac's aren't cheap, in that they last quite a while and hold up well. If you are wanting a "cheap" machine that's about what you'll get with the $500 notebooks from PC manufactuers

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 05:06 PM
iBooks really aren't cheap at all. Nor are PowerBooks, iMacs, PowerMacs, eMacs.......

They are great little machines. I have 2 (14" 1.42GHz) and they are awesome. Get a refurb 12" or something. There is a 12" iBook G4 1.2GHz for $699. Get that. Cheapest you'll be able to get - from Apple.

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 05:07 PM
Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums MacDaddy951! The people are nice here and are very informative. Welcome!! :)

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 05:13 PM
Just thought I'd show you how to get there:
Go to the Apple Store (apple.com/store) and look for this: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6333/picture11yi.png (http://imageshack.us)
Hope that helps! :)

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 05:17 PM
are refurbished apple's any good? do they still work or are they all messed up inside?

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 05:22 PM
thanks but i'm lookin for a g4 with 1.33GHz and 512MB and 40GB... i think i'll just keep lookin on ebay and spend the money... it's worth it right? right? :confused:

yoda13
Oct 7, 2005, 05:27 PM
Macs are worth it. And the refurbs come with a full one year warranty and the ability to purchase AppleCare as well, just like a new Mac. I have heard great things about refurbs. They are not all messed up inside, and quite often, they have nice little extras like more memory, etc. in them. Don't dismiss them out of hand, they are a great deal, and IMHO, a less risky deal than ebay. Good Luck!! ;)

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 05:34 PM
thanks but i'm lookin for a g4 with 1.33GHz and 512MB and 40GB... i think i'll just keep lookin on ebay and spend the money... it's worth it right? right? :confused:
Don't expect to pay less than $950 then. Really. Just save your money like me. I'm 13 and bought an iBook G4 14" in 4 months with NO help from parents... I'm getting a G5 soon, too. You can do it. :)

And to explain why I have 2 iBooks in my sig ... look at this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=142585). Read through the WHOLE thing. I got that extra iBook as no one else was using it - so now I have 2.

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 05:38 PM
are refurbished apple's any good? do they still work or are they all messed up inside?
They just are "refurbished" and work in every single way. You are backed by Apple's 1 year warranty .. just like the new models.

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 05:49 PM
Don't expect to pay less than $950 then. Really. Just save your money like me. I'm 13 and bought an iBook G4 14" in 4 months with NO help from parents... I'm getting a G5 soon, too. You can do it. :)

And to explain why I have 2 iBooks in my sig ... look at this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=142585). Read through the WHOLE thing. I got that extra iBook as no one else was using it - so now I have 2.

lol it's not that i can't afford it i just don't wanna spend that much money cause then i'll be broke :rolleyes: i dunno it didn't take me that long to get a G in my bank account so maybe i'll just save up again... I really wanna get a mac! The refurbed apple's sound good but i need atleast 512MB, does the refurbed apple stuff on that site change often? There's a good seller on ebay who sells "reconditioned" apples and there priced good so i might have to get one from him and there cheaper. I'm a little hesitant about spendin that much on ebay though cause i don't wanna get ripped off.

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 06:04 PM
Oh, I see, lol. Ok, I didn't mean to offend you if I did! Just be patient. You'll find the right deal sooner or later.

CanadaRAM
Oct 7, 2005, 06:22 PM
The refurbed apple's sound good but i need atleast 512MB, does the refurbed apple stuff on that site change often? There's a good seller on ebay who sells "reconditioned" apples and there priced good so i might have to get one from him and there cheaper. I'm a little hesitant about spendin that much on ebay though cause i don't wanna get ripped off.
You can upgrade the memory with third-party RAM for less money than Apple's. A reputable memory seller who tests and guarantees compatibility with the iBook would be safe.

I'm not much in favor of buying near-new machines from eBay -- for a minimal savings you have the inherent risks of not knowing who you are dealing with, and not being geographically close to them to deal with any problems. Also, the warranty status will be murky - theoretically the Apple warranty is transferrable, but not if the machine has been modified, abused or stolen.

Of course, it goes without saying that "near new" Macintoshes on eBay at large discounts have a pretty good chance of being ripoffs.

The Apple refurb iBook 14" 1.33 256/60 Gb Superdrive, Airport for $999 is a heck of a good deal, and you can up that RAM via third party.

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:04 PM
You can upgrade the memory with third-party RAM for less money than Apple's. A reputable memory seller who tests and guarantees compatibility with the iBook would be safe.

I'm not much in favor of buying near-new machines from eBay -- for a minimal savings you have the inherent risks of not knowing who you are dealing with, and not being geographically close to them to deal with any problems. Also, the warranty status will be murky - theoretically the Apple warranty is transferrable, but not if the machine has been modified, abused or stolen.

Of course, it goes without saying that "near new" Macintoshes on eBay at large discounts have a pretty good chance of being ripoffs.

The Apple refurb iBook 14" 1.33 256/60 Gb Superdrive, Airport for $999 is a heck of a good deal, and you can up that RAM via third party.

What do u mean by "third-party" like a computer shop or something? is that expensive? 256MB is really low for what i need the computer for. I'm using the computer to make music so i need the memory i don't really care about getting it online or anything i just use my desktop for that. But yeah it's hard to trust ebay sellers but the one's i buy from have good feedback or are powersellers i don't buy from others.

... and lilstewart92 it's cool i wasn't offended by ur comment at all :) but how are u makin that much money at 13? i didn't start workin till i was 16 that's good u got that money though keep it up! :cool:

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:11 PM
sorry i have another question :p does the ibook have a burner?

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 08:16 PM
What do u mean by "third-party" like a computer shop or something? is that expensive? 256MB is really low for what i need the computer for. I'm using the computer to make music so i need the memory i don't really care about getting it online or anything i just use my desktop for that. But yeah it's hard to trust ebay sellers but the one's i buy from have good feedback or are powersellers i don't buy from others.

... and lilstewart92 it's cool i wasn't offended by ur comment at all :) but how are u makin that much money at 13? i didn't start workin till i was 16 that's good u got that money though keep it up! :cool:

Thirt party is like another vendor to buy from. For RAM, I reccomend Crucial (http://crucial.com/mac). Go to RamSeeker (ramseeker.com) to find the best prices out there for RAM.

I made the money mowing lawns all summer long and I just got done mowing for 6 hours today. Can't wait until the season is done :o .

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:20 PM
Do you install it or do u take it to a shop and do it? Learning about the wonderful world of Macs is fun :D

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 08:20 PM
sorry i have another question :p does the ibook have a burner?
Only the 14" iBooks have DVD+RW burners. The 14" 1.42GHz come standard with DVD+RW burners . None of the 12" iBooks have had DVD+RW burners. The 1.2GHz 12" iBook G4 comes with a combo (DVD & CD+RW), the 1.33GHz 14" model can either come with a combo or a DVD+RW. Does that clear up your question?

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:22 PM
Only the 14" iBooks have DVD+RW burners. The 14" 1.42GHz come standard with DVD+RW burners . None of the 12" iBooks have had DVD+RW burners. The 1.2GHz 12" iBook G4 comes with a combo (DVD & CD+RW), the 1.33GHz 14" model can either come with a combo or a DVD+RW. Does that clear up your question?

yeah thanks ;)

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 08:24 PM
Do you install it or do u take it to a shop and do it? Learning about the wonderful world of Macs is fun :D

You can do it yourself, a rather extremely small procedure... done it about, Oh, I'd say 2 minutes?

Just make sure you have a small enough screw driver. That is what held me up. :p

A eye glass philips screw-driver should do the trick. You can also just have someone at BestBuy do it or an AppleStore, if you feel uncomftoratable doing the procedure. It's not hard at all.

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:27 PM
You can do it yourself, a rather extremely small procedure... done it about, Oh, I'd say 2 minutes?

Just make sure you have a small enough screw driver. That is what held me up. :p

A eye glass philips screw-driver should do the trick. You can also just have someone at BestBuy do it or an AppleStore, if you feel uncomftoratable doing the procedure. It's not hard at all.

Wow! really! that's cool! OMG i should just get a refurbed one like someone mentioned and upgrade MBs it would be so much cheaper :eek: ! man u guys are good help! I'm gonna have to look more into this... thanks a lot ;)

Jsmit
Oct 7, 2005, 08:43 PM
It seems as though the 699 USD iBook on the refurb page has a CD only drive (no burner).

wongulous
Oct 7, 2005, 08:44 PM
First, go refurb if price is really a tight thing for you. Refurb machines are just as good, have the same warranty, same AppleCare-compatibility, and in fact usually go through as much and more stringent quality assurance testing than a brand new one off the assembly line. Save a few hundred there.

Second, if you're a college student (like at a local community college.. ahem), buy from the Apple Store for Education.

Also, really do a little thinking about your needs. Should you spend the $200-250 more to get the 14", in order to get a DVD burner? Or would it make more sense to buy the 12" iBook for under $1k, and spend $113 buying the LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW external drive from the cheapest vendor on Froogle? (The LaCie, additionally, offers dual layer burning, so you won't have to compress your DVDs that you're copying, or so you can burn more data, and even has a cool feature called LightScribe which allows you to print labels on the top of the discs if you get LightScribe-compatible blanks.) Obviously, for the vast majority of people, the second scenario makes more sense; you'll save money AND get a better product.

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 08:48 PM
It seems as though the 699 USD iBook on the refurb page has a CD only drive (no burner).

Oh, was that the one he was looking at?

Hmm... well I was ganna mention that the there are iBook 12" that only come with CD drives and those are EDU computers -- only able to be bought new from the Apple Store for Edu.

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 08:54 PM
Sorry man, but I just looked at the refurb site and the 12" are gone. Look on ebay. :(

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:56 PM
i'm lookin at the refurbished apple ibook g4 14inch at the apple site and it says this "Refurbished iBook G4 1.33GHz/ 256MB/ 60GB/ SuperDrive/ AP Extreme Card/ E/ 56K/ 14-inch TFT" it doesn't mention a dvd or cd drive does it not come with one? also the 12 inch ibook g4 is not on there anymore i think someone bought it already :(

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 08:57 PM
Sorry man, but I just looked at the refurb site and the 12" are gone. Look on ebay. :(

lol i kno

Sun Baked
Oct 7, 2005, 09:03 PM
i'm lookin at the refurbished apple ibook g4 14inch at the apple site and it says this "Refurbished iBook G4 1.33GHz/ 256MB/ 60GB/ SuperDrive/ AP Extreme Card/ E/ 56K/ 14-inch TFT" it doesn't mention a dvd or cd drive does it not come with one?(I highlighted it in red where it actually does mention the DVD drive...

The education machines come with a CD-ROM drive.

Every thing else can read DVD-ROM/CD-RW capability Combo drive or the Superdrive with additional DVD-RW capability.

Look at the spec sheets ....

http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html

If you want something cheap and fully capable portable for $600, buy a PC. :rolleyes:

mjstew33
Oct 7, 2005, 09:13 PM
i'm lookin at the refurbished apple ibook g4 14inch at the apple site and it says this "Refurbished iBook G4 1.33GHz/ 256MB/ 60GB/ SuperDrive/ AP Extreme Card/ E/ 56K/ 14-inch TFT" it doesn't mention a dvd or cd drive does it not come with one? also the 12 inch ibook g4 is not on there anymore i think someone bought it already :(
I have 2 14" iBooks and they ROCK!

Get one. Now. lol

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 10:08 PM
I have 2 14" iBooks and they ROCK!

Get one. Now. lol

lol i might have to that's a good deal, but is 1.33ghz fast? the updated g4 14inch has 1.42Ghz so this is the older version...

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 10:23 PM
ok...i'm comparing the refurbed ibook and the newer one and in the description of the refurbed ibook it doesn't have the following:
Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Scrolling Trackpad
Sudden Motion Sensor

If i'm gonna get this computer i want it top of the line... But do i really need the above? what are they can someone explain? I know what bluetooth is but what about the others? :confused:

AP_piano295
Oct 7, 2005, 10:41 PM
Thirt party is like another vendor to buy from. For RAM, I reccomend Crucial (http://crucial.com/mac). Go to RamSeeker (ramseeker.com) to find the best prices out there for RAM.

I made the money mowing lawns all summer long and I just got done mowing for 6 hours today. Can't wait until the season is done :o .

Ugh I totally feel u there man I mow lawns every now and then to help build my bank account up when theres no dogs to take care of and its kinda hell times ten specially when your hitting fall season with the god da** leaves thank god the seasons over.

AP_piano295
Oct 7, 2005, 10:44 PM
ok...i'm comparing the refurbed ibook and the newer one and in the description of the refurbed ibook it doesn't have the following:
Scrolling Trackpad
Sudden Motion Sensor

If i'm gonna get this computer i want it top of the line... But do i really need the above? what are they can someone explain? I know what bluetooth is but what about the others? :confused:

Are you eligable for edu discounts? (by this I mean are you willing to lie to apple about your eligibillity.)

macmall has some good deals on ibooks right now. bout the same as apple but with a bunch of perks that you could sell on ebay afterwards to recoop some of that cash.

MacDaddy951
Oct 7, 2005, 11:59 PM
Are you eligable for edu discounts? (by this I mean are you willing to lie to apple about your eligibillity.)

macmall has some good deals on ibooks right now. bout the same as apple but with a bunch of perks that you could sell on ebay afterwards to recoop some of that cash.

i'm not in college yet... but i didn't kno u could lie and get away with it! i kno those discounts are good... i'll try... r u sure they won't find out? Are the education discounts on apple.com or macmall.com? i'm at macmall.com and i don't see any education discounts just the discount for $994 plus a $50 mail in rebate and free printer and free carrying case And free up to 1GB premium ram upgrade... that's a pretty good deal!! I think i might get it from that site and sell the printer cause i don't need it but i could use the free upgrade to 1GB! hey thanks for that site!

AP_piano295
Oct 8, 2005, 12:09 AM
i'm not in college yet... but i didn't kno u could lie and get away with it! i kno those discounts are good... i'll try... r u sure they won't find out? Are the education discounts on apple.com or macmall.com? i'm at macmall.com and i don't see any education discounts just the discount for $994 plus a $50 mail in rebate and free printer and free carrying case And free up to 1GB premium ram upgrade... that's a pretty good deal!! I think i might get it from that site and sell the printer cause i don't need it but i could use the free upgrade to 1GB! hey thanks for that site!

no prob id go with the macmall deal you can lie and get away with it they dont check at all online im quite sure that they expect people to use the edu discount when theyre technically not supposed to it makes people feel better the idea of getting an extra discount by beating the system (*note ive herd that you need a student ID if you actually buy from the physical store but like I said the mac mall's a better deal anyway so why bother lieing)

MacDaddy951
Oct 8, 2005, 12:14 AM
actually i can't afford the ibook at macworld... after taxes and all the "free" stuff it's over $1400!!! :eek: o well i'll keep lookin :cool:

mjstew33
Oct 8, 2005, 12:17 AM
Scrolling Trackpad
Sudden Motion Sensor

Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR - If you want the Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard or anything bluetooth get this

Scrolling tackpad -- OMG YOU FRICKEN' NEED THIS THING. I USE IT CONSTANTLY. COULD NOT LIVE WITH OUT THE D A M N THING! -- You could just get a small hack if you got the 1.33GHz to cover for this loss of functionallity

Sudden Motion Senser - idk

You are TOTALLY missing out on Graphics. Well, not totally. The 1.33GHz 14" iBook can't support the latest stuff --it's got a weak ATi 9200 32MB Graphics card-- It can't support Tiger's core-image. Your loosing the Dashboard effect - which is cool but ... is just "eye candy" and is not needed. You can't upgrade your graphics later, so get the best you can get. The 14" iBook G4 1.42GHz can, it has a 9550 ATi 32MB graphics card.

mjstew33
Oct 8, 2005, 12:19 AM
basically, if you can, just get the 14" iBook G4 through the educational store. I'm not even in high school and i did that :p

EDIT: Happy gwuMACaddict? :rolleyes:

gwuMACaddict
Oct 8, 2005, 12:25 AM
basically, if you can... just get the 14" iBook G4 through the Edu store... I'm not even in high school and i did that :p

why don't you combine all of your very small sentances in to one larger, more meaningful post?

just curious...

mjstew33
Oct 8, 2005, 12:42 AM
why don't you combine all of your very small sentances in to one larger, more meaningful post?

just curious...
Fixed. Does it really matter? :rolleyes:

There are many more members on this forum that do many more mistakes than me.

:rolleyes:

wongulous
Oct 8, 2005, 01:04 AM
The scrolling trackpad feature can be exactly duplicated with a free piece of software called iScroll. :rolleyes:

You guys are being a little ridiculous.

Also, check back on the refurb site. Sometimes they go out of stock on refurb items, and then once another shipment of repaired ones comes in, they have them again. Either that, or just get the $949 12" new one on the Apple Edu site, and, like I said, the $113 LaCie d2 DVD burner (which is BETTER than the SuperDrives Apple uses in any iBook!!).

bandw350
Oct 8, 2005, 08:40 AM
no prob id go with the macmall deal you can lie and get away with it they dont check at all online im quite sure that they expect people to use the edu discount when theyre technically not supposed to it makes people feel better the idea of getting an extra discount by beating the system (*note ive herd that you need a student ID if you actually buy from the physical store but like I said the mac mall's a better deal anyway so why bother lieing)

Agree. Macmall/maczone etc. probably a better deal than edu discount. Both have free shipping, but online retailers have extras, and no sales tax, which Apple has to collect. Also compare their return ploicies.

AP_piano295
Oct 8, 2005, 08:57 AM
basically, if you can, just get the 14" iBook G4 through the educational store. I'm not even in high school and i did that :p

EDIT: Happy gwuMACaddict? :rolleyes:

peace :D

AP_piano295
Oct 8, 2005, 09:00 AM
btw xmas is coming up soon if thats any help talk to ur rents see if theyll help you out as a gift.

Phatpat
Oct 8, 2005, 09:16 AM
I'd recommend buying through Amazon rather than Apple Education. Same price, free shipping, but most importantly, no tax.

mjstew33
Oct 8, 2005, 09:26 AM
The scrolling trackpad feature can be exactly duplicated with a free piece of software called iScroll. :rolleyes:

It helps if you read ;)

Scrolling tackpad -- OMG YOU FRICKEN' NEED THIS THING. I USE IT CONSTANTLY. COULD NOT LIVE WITH OUT THE D A M N THING! -- You could just get a small hack if you got the 1.33GHz to cover for this loss of functionallity

;) :rolleyes:

wongulous
Oct 8, 2005, 12:40 PM
It helps if you read ;)

I read.. you just didn't specify and it wasn't very clear. :) Respect your elders! :p

Oh yes, and RIGHT NOW there is a refurbished 12" PowerBook on the Apple Store for $999. You cannot put a price on the features and build quality you'd gain going with a PB. Pick up that, a DVD burner, and an extra 1GB of RAM ($110!), and you'd be set, bro.

MacDaddy951
Oct 8, 2005, 05:12 PM
Hey how much is the Ibook g4 at apple with the edu discount? The ibook at amazon.com is 999 plus a 50 buck rebate.

mjstew33
Oct 8, 2005, 05:49 PM
Hey how much is the Ibook g4 at apple with the edu discount? The ibook at amazon.com is 999 plus a 50 buck rebate.

$949. ;)

There are some sweet deals listed here: http://macbst.com

Join the forum if you want to.... :D

CanadaRAM
Oct 8, 2005, 05:49 PM
Superdrive = DVD-RW burner.

Please revisit your objectives. You want: "Low cost" yet "top of the line". Mutually exclusive, my friend. Choose one or the other.

The $500 savings on the 14" refurb is well worth losing the bluetooth and the sudden motion sensor.

mjstew33
Oct 8, 2005, 06:19 PM
Superdrive = DVD-RW burner.

Please revisit your objectives. You want: "Low cost" yet "top of the line". Mutually exclusive, my friend. Choose one or the other.

The $500 savings on the 14" refurb is well worth losing the bluetooth and the sudden motion sensor.

I agree. the Bluetooth functionality can be recovered by a bluetooth adapter thingy. The sudden motion sensor ... is .. not worth $500. ;)

Get the 14" iBook :)... soon! It can be bought at anytime by anyone. Just like that 12" slipped away.... ;)

MacDaddy951
Oct 8, 2005, 10:54 PM
I don't really need the 14Inch i'm gonna go for the 12 inch but i want it under 900!!! I dunno i'm kinda havin second thoughts about getting an apple at the moment... u can buy a lot with $999... :rolleyes: i'm cheap lol :p

wongulous
Oct 9, 2005, 12:09 AM
Oh, I give up.

It's like talking to a wall. A wall that obviously does not appreciate what it is to own an Apple product or to use a Mac.

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 12:21 AM
i'm gonna go for the 12 inch but i want it under 900!!!

Good luck with that one :rolleyes:

You'll so regret not getting an Apple... it's not even funny how much you'll regret it.

:rolleyes:

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 12:26 AM
Oh, I give up.

It's like talking to a wall. A wall that obviously does not appreciate what it is to own an Apple product or to use a Mac.

lol i'm sorry but i'm a picky person... :p

Deepdale
Oct 9, 2005, 12:27 AM
If this thread were a movie, there would be only one title worthy of it... "Indecisive."

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 10:44 AM
Dude, spend the money on the Mac, stop dragging on about "I want a BRAND NEW $1,000 computer for LESS than $900!!" If you have enough money, get the damn computer ;) :o

:p

Deepdale
Oct 9, 2005, 11:00 AM
Dude, spend the money on the Mac, stop dragging on about "I want a BRAND NEW $1,000 computer for LESS than $900!!" If you have enough money, get the damn computer ;) :o

I would just add this. When people find themselves in a position where a certain purchase cannot be handled due to lack of funds, they should do without it until the situation improves. Deferring something is clearly not the most dire option out there. In due time, things will usually work out well.

If money is not the primary obstacle, but rather trying to get something while also managing to remain below some threshhold that has been set, ask how important owning the computer is. If it is important, then do as lilstewart92 recommended ... buy it and enjoy it.

AP_piano295
Oct 9, 2005, 11:30 AM
lol i'm sorry but i'm a picky person... :p

How can you be picky and even think about going for a windose machine?

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 08:07 PM
I think i'm gonna just buy the ibook on apple.com and get the credit card and pay monthly that would be better for me and i won't have to spend all my money at one time... whata ya think guys? :rolleyes:

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 08:11 PM
wait i found this ibook on ebay it ends in 20 min. it is at $910 but the guy has one feedback check it out... http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-G4-iBook-1-33ghz-512mb-12-inch-WIRELESS-warranty_W0QQitemZ8705060189QQcategoryZ4602QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 08:13 PM
i'm findin some good one's today on ebay... i might get this one it's only at 860 right now http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Apple-ibook-G4-1-3ghz-12-40gb-MAC-laptop-Notebook_W0QQitemZ8706699327QQcategoryZ4602QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 08:50 PM
^^^ i think i'm gonna get it :D

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:18 PM
**** ebay i'm gettin my ibook from apple.com with the student discount!!!! I'm doin it guys i'm really doin it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :eek:

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:24 PM
hold up, hold up... 1,028!?!?!?! wtf is this recycling fee and tax ****! !?!?!? :mad: i need to check amazon.com first... :mad:

nospleen
Oct 9, 2005, 09:28 PM
Please do as all a favor and go buy a dell. ;)

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:29 PM
:p lol

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:36 PM
4get amazon it's 999 bucks! :eek: I'll just pay $1,028 at apple.com :rolleyes: k i'm really doin it this time... ;)

nospleen
Oct 9, 2005, 09:37 PM
I am crossing my fingers and toes!! :D

Deepdale
Oct 9, 2005, 09:44 PM
4get amazon it's 999 bucks! :eek: I'll just pay $1,028 at apple.com :rolleyes: k i'm really doin it this time... ;)

Prediction time for the next post from MacDaddy951:

10:53 p.m.

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:53 PM
one click and my order is placed.... will i do it... :confused:

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:54 PM
they couldn't verify my credit card :( aww to bad...

Deepdale
Oct 9, 2005, 09:56 PM
one click and my order is placed.... will i do it... :confused:

10:53 p.m.

We have a winner ... me! I knew you'd come through. :)

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 09:59 PM
^ lol... anyways this is ********! I was so close to getting it! WTF is wrong with my credit card!?!?!?! :(

kingcrowing
Oct 9, 2005, 10:09 PM
sorry to go off topic, but lilstewart, if you are 13 and you saved up ~$1000 in 4 months, then you either get a MAD allowance or you've got mob connections or something... Thats like working 20 hours a week at like $8 an hour, and if you are 13 then you cant have a job, so i think you are in a little different boat then everyone else here

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 10:17 PM
there's 2 min. on that ebay ibook i showed everyone it's at 910 right now! i'm just gonna get it. **** apple.com there missin out! if they don't want my money fine! i'll take it elsewhere! bitches! ebay here i come! wish me luck!

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 10:18 PM
damn it! i didn't have enough time cause i stopped here to leave a post! ****! this is ********! i coulda had that one on ebay! damn this is not my day! :mad:

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 10:21 PM
o well it wasn't ment to be :( :( :( :( i gotta keep lookin :(

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 10:57 PM
i think there's a limit on my credit card that's why it didn't work... :confused:

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 10:59 PM
sorry to go off topic, but lilstewart, if you are 13 and you saved up ~$1000 in 4 months, then you either get a MAD allowance or you've got mob connections or something... Thats like working 20 hours a week at like $8 an hour, and if you are 13 then you cant have a job, so i think you are in a little different boat then everyone else here
Uhh.. no. I mow lawns. $20 per hour at least ;). Don't have allowance. As I said, no help from parents ;).

I love mowing lawns... especially the pay :D

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:02 PM
lilstewart help me!!!! :confused:

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:09 PM
lilstewart help me!!!! :confused:
Ok, dude, order the iBook. If the credit card people don't accept the order, call them, get it straightened out and all is good. It's most likely not a credit card limit problem. Welcome to the world of Mac.

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:15 PM
how do u kno it's not a credit card limit problem? I'm pretty sure i have a $500 limit... anyways i'm about to apply for the apple credit card i dunno if i should though i don't need another credit card... maybe i should just call my credit card company :confused:

Deepdale
Oct 9, 2005, 11:16 PM
Uhh.. no. I mow lawns. $20 per hour at least ;). I love mowing lawns... especially the pay :D

At that amount per hour, I'd love it, too. I didn't know the grass was that pricey in Illinois. If you can get it, more power to you.

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:19 PM
how do u kno it's not a credit card limit problem? I'm pretty sure i have a $500 limit... anyways i'm about to apply for the apple credit card i dunno if i should though i don't need another credit card... maybe i should just call my credit card company :confused:
I'm just assuming. idunno your case. I'd just call 'em and see what the hell is wrong with the order and what is preventing you from ordering.

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:20 PM
i want my ibook now!!!

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:22 PM
At that amount per hour, I'd love it, too. I didn't know the grass was that pricey in Illinois. If you can get it, more power to you.
Well, to tell you the truth, that is EXTREMELY OMG LOW! My compettitor charges $30 more than me. I charge $20 for 1 acre, he charges $50 for 1 acre. The professional services charge $85+ for 1 acre.

I'm ripping myself off, lol. You gotta take into accout gas, maintence, etc., too.

I'll be raising my prices next season :D

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:22 PM
i want my ibook now!!!
Then stop posting here and call the damn credit card company!! :rolleyes:

Patience is a virtue :p

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:25 PM
U think there open right now? well i found a guy who sells ibooks for $899 and he has a 50buck mail in rebate, but... shipping takes a while but it's a good deal i think i'ma get it from him
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Apple-iBook-12-1-M9846LL-A-1-33-GHz-PowerPC-G4_W0QQitemZ8701766835QQcategoryZ4602QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:28 PM
U think there open right now? well i found a guy who sells ibooks for $899 and he has a 50buck mail in rebate, but... shipping takes a while but it's a good deal i think i'ma get it from him
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Apple-iBook-12-1-M9846LL-A-1-33-GHz-PowerPC-G4_W0QQitemZ8701766835QQcategoryZ4602QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I think that is a good deal. Well it's possible they have a 24/7 hotline or something.... idunno

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:29 PM
I think that is a good deal. Well it's possible they have a 24/7 hotline or something.... idunno

yeah that is a good deal i think i'm gonna get it.... if i order now i should have it by next week :rolleyes:

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:31 PM
yeah that is a good deal i think i'm gonna get it.... if i order now i should have it by next week :rolleyes:
Cool!! Welcome to 'da world of Mac!! Once you go Mac you never go back! :eek:

:cool: :D

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:33 PM
hold ur horses... i didn't buy it yet... i'm still lookin around... :p

mjstew33
Oct 9, 2005, 11:40 PM
hold ur horses... i didn't buy it yet... i'm still lookin around... :p

ok.. let us know when you do...

MacDaddy951
Oct 9, 2005, 11:50 PM
i did it! i finally did it! Wooooooooooo :D thanks for all the help guys! Now all i gotta do is wait... :confused: well i'll be back on the boards when i get it. thanks for everything guys! :)

mjstew33
Oct 10, 2005, 11:35 AM
i did it! i finally did it! Wooooooooooo :D thanks for all the help guys! Now all i gotta do is wait... :confused: well i'll be back on the boards when i get it. thanks for everything guys! :)
Awesome. You got the 12" iBook right?

MacDaddy951
Oct 10, 2005, 01:39 PM
Awesome. You got the 12" iBook right?

Yep :D