PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to restart Mac to get MIDI controller to function after unplugging?

Qwerty11
Jan 29, 2013, 08:35 PM
I'm using Garageband and a keyboard connected via USB. If for some reason I disconnect the keyboard, I get a message in Garageband saying that all midi inputs have dropped. The only way I can figure out to get it to re-connect is to restart the Mac. Is there any other way?

bwhli
Jan 30, 2013, 12:19 AM
I'm using Garageband and a keyboard connected via USB. If for some reason I disconnect the keyboard, I get a message in Garageband saying that all midi inputs have dropped. The only way I can figure out to get it to re-connect is to restart the Mac. Is there any other way?

Garageband should automatically detect the MIDI keyboard. Just tried it in Garageband with a USB MIDI controller I have, and unplugging and replugging did not require a restart to function.

Qwerty11
Jan 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
Garageband should automatically detect the MIDI keyboard. Just tried it in Garageband with a USB MIDI controller I have, and unplugging and replugging did not require a restart to function.

Plugging in the keyboard creates to prefs pane "YAMAHA USB-MIDI." Maybe it is creating some type of ad-hoc connection.

bwhli
Jan 30, 2013, 11:18 PM
Plugging in the keyboard creates to prefs pane "YAMAHA USB-MIDI." Maybe it is creating some type of ad-hoc connection.

The Yamaha USB-MIDI is the Yamaha MIDI driver being loaded up. It's normal. I'm not really sure what could be causing your issue. Have you updated to the latest drivers?