Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Empire3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
:confused:
Hello Guys, I am in a bit of a pickle and wondered if you can help with some advice. Yesterday all of a sudden my emails stopped working and when I tried to login to the Apple ID website it said this.

"This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons."

I contacted Apple and the lady said it was an 8 hour lock out. Nearly double that time later, I still could not access my account. I tried resetting the password but I recieved no password reset email.

I contacted Apple again this morning. I did not know my own security question and the guy was not very helpful. He said there was nothing they could do about it because my email address for password reset was not verified and I don't know my security question.

As you could imagine, I was fuming! A company as big as Apple cannot help me out. So pretty much there goes my contacts, my notes and more importantly my emails that I reply on every day. Is there anything I can do?

I still don't know the reason for the lockout. I did nothing - the only thing I could imagine was too many wrong password attempts.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I contacted Apple again this morning. I did not know my own security question and the guy was not very helpful.

I would go to an apple store, take ID and see if they can do anything.

If you don't know your security questions, then apple are doing the correct thing by blocking you from accessing your account, unless there is some other way of identifying you as the account holder.

Empire3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Been a member since MobileMe as well, which frustrates me even more. Perhaps someone higher up at Apple could help?

Empire3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
I had address details on there from when I was a MobileMe account holder but the guy didn't seem to want to know.

I use a separate Apple ID for purchases, which is why I don't see a problem.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I had address details on there from when I was a MobileMe account holder but the guy didn't seem to want to know.

It's a lot harder to be ignored in person, and I'm sure apple don't want someone unhappy with apple in their store. If the guy in the store can't help you, escalate to their manager until you find someone who can.

Don't be nasty about it, it may be beyond their authority to do certain things. But be polite and firm.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
1. Don't take it out on the person answering the phone. There's really nothing they can do if you don't know the answers to your own security questions.

2. Have your problem escalated if it is not being handled to your liking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.