Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Their stuff is getting stale.

I think the installed user base is so large (mainly iOS) there's no turning back for them. And of course they bet the farm on iOS which is why we have the iOS wannabe called Mountain Lion.

And no, smaller/larger physical versions of the same thing ain't gonna cut it folks. Neither will thinner macs. Underneath the hood it's just getting tired and bland. It's just a matter of time before the "other" app stores are brimming with offerings.

KB <--- waiting for Timmy C. to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth

I think the installed user base is so large (mainly iOS) there's no turning back for them. And of course they bet the farm on iOS which is why we have the iOS wannabe called Mountain Lion.

And no, smaller/larger physical versions of the same thing ain't gonna cut it folks. Neither will thinner macs. Underneath the hood it's just getting tired and bland. It's just a matter of time before the "other" app stores are brimming with offerings.

KB <--- waiting for Timmy C. to pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Yet Apple continues to sell more and more product and stashes more and more in the bank. If that is stale...I'll have a whole lot of the same.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
So switch. The "X is getting stale" comments are stale. If it doesn't work for you then find what does and use it instead. The Apple products that I use work for me. That really means nothing for the next person who may have entirely different needs/wants. If you think they're not changing sufficiently then waiting for them to change probably isn't going to solve your problem.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I actually think Apple isn't to big to change. I still tend to think Apple does what Apple wants to do.

Stale, maybe, but as long as the item or device still works for me and works in my work flow I am fine. I am glad they don't change to many things each time. Don't want to have to learn or be put in a position to have a learning curve each time a new OS or iOS comes out.

Having said that I am more interested in what Apple is going to do for iOS 8 and OS XI. I think we will see something substantial for those two releases.

I have often wondered with SJ saying he had items in the pipeline for the next few years, if Apple is going to follow through with those items or if they are going to go off that path.

I still believe Apple as a company is pretty nimble when it comes to change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.