Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x dustin xx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Hey, im new to this forum , so before you read, can you tell me if im in the right forum spot for helping with iPods ? .. thanks :p

Anyways, so recently my buddy gave me his 2nd generation iPod touch, because he said it wont do anything. so i said id get it working, ( that's my goal anyways ) .. heres the problem, his brother jail broke the ipod with the program green poison , and now when i plug it into my computer, it will show the apple logo, then it will go to a fuzzy image , and it kind of starts getting clearer, until the image of a dodge ram pops up, ( the jail broke theme i suppose ).. then in the middle a little ring will start to rotate likes its loading, then after a few more minutes, it will pop back to the ipod logo..then it repeats until i unplug it . ive recently read other forums on people saying hold the sleep and home button, while connected to your itunes and it will detect the ipod.. but no luck, ive tried looking on YouTube but i get the same problem.. another thing is if its unplugged, the loading button freezes, and after a few mins itll turn off with the low battery icon showing.. can anyone please help me fix this? if so please tell me how :) . Thanks. your friend x dustin xx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.