Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Woah, that iMac ship time and the PowerMac ship time jumped way up. I'm almost sure that the PowerMac is gonna be updated from the rumors, but the iMac too with the 5-7days?? I could care less if they update the whole line, except for the iMac since I just bought one. That would kind of upset me if they update it.

The PowerBook doesn't look like the ship time changed that much though when I added anything to it...hmm...

Very interesting indeed. Good observation.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
From this I'm predicting new iMac's and PowerMac's this week..with the introduction of the PowerBook another week. Both those ships times are convincing though...damnit...and I just bought a Rev. B iMac thinking they woudln't update it in awhile. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this issue, but I have a gut feeling of this since the mac mini was updated quicker than usual also...

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
DaftUnion said:
From this I'm predicting new iMac's and PowerMac's this week..with the introduction of the PowerBook another week. Both those ships times are convincing though...damnit...and I just bought a Rev. B iMac thinking they woudln't update it in awhile. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this issue, but I have a gut feeling of this since the mac mini was updated quicker than usual also...

I agree that it seems the iMac and PowerMac are the ones due for an update on Wednesday as the shipping times would suggest. The only other thing I can guess would be a part that is shared with the powermac (such as memory or HD) is out of stock and causing Apple to play it safe and predict 5-7 day ship times of BTOs for that product. However, I really hope, for the sake of all those waiting, that the PowerBook gets an update. If it gets ignored once again that will be pathetic. The iBooks have been on 1-3 day ship times for awhile now and this is likely because people are buying them over the 12" PowerBooks (the 15 and 17-inch PowerBook are also at 1-3 days). Come on Apple, give the PowerBook fans a break... I know if I was in the market I would be getting a 12" iBook if there was not an update on Wednesday. Here's to hoping for the best :)

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
pknz said:
I would be damned angry if they updated the iMacs.

I don't blame you. I have this sneaking suspicion that it is a part issue tho. There are so many parts the two machines share with each other it could easily come down to something as simple as that. If the iMac did have a mediocre update I would consider getting one ;) It would just be too tempting... iMacs... drool

Nereus

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
In Sweden all the iMacs have shipping time of 24 hrs. The high-end PowerBooks (15" combo + superdrive and 17") have a shipping time of 5 days and with BTO 2-3 weeks. The 12" remain on 24 hrs and with BTO 3 days (which is normal I guess). Not sure what it means, but I certainly hope that Apple will upgrade the PowerBooks. Please Apple, please... ;)

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
It's always interesting to speculate what the longer lead times means.

The PowerBook has been on the long lead time for BTO the longest, so unless its a critical parts issue, it will be updated this week probably. The PowerMacs could be parts, but I doubt it as any part change bumps the leadtime up - unless Apple has a lot of orders for standard config PowerMacs.

In truth, there are several other threads which have cmmented about the leadtimes and it's all speculation.

There will be some number of product lines updated soon by Apple.

Those who just bought machines and already have them, it's the luck of the draw, don't whine so much. Or stop buying new machines as another new model is always around the corner.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
The ship times on the Powerbook do not make an update seem convincing, to me. I say another 1-2 weeks until the Powerbook update (but I want it sooner, so I'll take it sooner, if it happens).

The Power Mac I think will be updated this week.

The iMac may be updated as well, but it is also still selling very well. It *could* be that the iMac's long ship times on BTO are due to the demand, and a small shortage on supplies right now. We'll have to wait and see on the iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.