Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Protopip3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
so updated to 6.1 with iphone 5 and now when i try to back up my phone i get "Itunes could not back up the iPhone because an error occurred". has this happened to anyone else?

xxxboboxxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
i'm having the same problem.. but im still on 6.0.2 and cant update because itunes wont back up my phone first..

really starting to annoy me

lanmac30

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
I have the same issue with my ipad and iphone 5 after upgrade to 6.1. My other 3 devices work fine and they are on 6.0.1. Same computer and same itunes. It's got to be a 6.1 issue.

sbessel

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
I have the same issue.

The update was over the air and went fine. But now the backup to my computer fails. I have tried everything I can find.
Including a reset of all settings, everything short of a complete wipe, which I don't want to do if my backup is failing :)

Scott

StefanDT

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
i also have the same issue. Rebooted my mac, did a reset of my iphone 4. Renamed also the backup folder to a new one, but all these actions do not change the situation.

rjaus

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
I am having this same issue on my iPad after I upgraded to iOS 6.1. I tried the suggestion on how to fix (deleting backup from iTunes and trying again) but it won't work. In the 3 years of having an iPad I have never needed to restore from backup so I don't really want to wipe the thing in order to get a backup. But it is making me nervous that I don't have one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.