Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I have an AT&T iPhone 5 and my friend has a Verizon iPhone 5. When I use Siri to send a text, Siri repeats what I say then asks is I want to sent it, yet Siri doesn't repeat the text on my friends iPhone prior to sending. Both of our settings are the same. Is there something I'm missing?

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Same thing here but not always. Not sure what was the reason but your friend is not alone. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how you use the siri to send a text.

ie. reply a text using siri vs. send an new text using siri.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
I have an AT&T iPhone 5 and my friend has a Verizon iPhone 5. When I use Siri to send a text, Siri repeats what I say then asks is I want to sent it, yet Siri doesn't repeat the text on my friends iPhone prior to sending. Both of our settings are the same. Is there something I'm missing?

Siri only automatically repeats if you have headphones plugged in (or you connected via the AUX line).

When you don't have headphones, you have to ask Siri to "Read it" after she says "I updated your message, ready to send it?".

MarkieT

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Siri only automatically repeats if you have headphones plugged in (or you connected via the AUX line).

When you don't have headphones, you have to ask Siri to "Read it" after she says "I updated your message, ready to send it?".

I agree, it will also repeat the message if you use the 'Raise to Speak' feature to use Siri.

Hope that helps too

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I don't voice feedback set, or headphones or raise to speak and Siri always speaks my texts back to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.