PDA

View Full Version : Why does Americas Army run so slow

AP_piano295
Oct 8, 2005, 07:53 PM
I have a new ibook g4 14inc standard settings 512 ram and everything and I just downloaded americas army and it runs VERY slow Ive read other people that say the run americas army on medium settings on older machines than mine without a problem is there another way to change the system preformance besides better preformance better battery life? Im not playing online yet either and even if I were my connection is very fast. I just dont think the game should run at about 2-4 fps if I turn everything to lowest and resolution down to 640 by something or another.

Patmian212
Oct 8, 2005, 08:01 PM
I have a new ibook g4 14inc standard settings 512 ram and everything and I just downloaded americas army and it runs VERY slow Ive read other people that say the run americas army on medium settings on older machines than mine without a problem is there another way to change the system preformance besides better preformance better battery life? Im not playing online yet either and even if I were my connection is very fast. I just dont think the game should run at about 2-4 fps if I turn everything to lowest and resolution down to 640 by something or another.

2-4 FPS :eek: that is very strange. The only things I can think of are:
1. If you are running it in window mode turn it off
2. If you have some wierd shaders on such as vertex, turn them off
3. Your ram is kinda skimpy so you might wanna restart your machine so you can clear out the ram and quit all the processes and then try it again.

AP_piano295
Oct 9, 2005, 01:29 AM
2-4 FPS :eek: that is very strange. The only things I can think of are:
1. If you are running it in window mode turn it off
2. If you have some wierd shaders on such as vertex, turn them off
3. Your ram is kinda skimpy so you might wanna restart your machine so you can clear out the ram and quit all the processes and then try it again.

thx that worked like a charm its now run at about 23 frames with 1024 by whatever resolution and normal everything I think I might turn down the graphics a bit more but this is deffinitely playable.

Patmian212
Oct 9, 2005, 05:24 AM
thx that worked like a charm its now run at about 23 frames with 1024 by whatever resolution and normal everything I think I might turn down the graphics a bit more but this is deffinitely playable.

Just out of curiosity, which one of the things I told you to do actually worked?